Metal Blade "Metal Classics Series"

...and all CD issues goes here.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Yeah it's a classy understated cover for a very overstating record. I like it too.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I don't like the cover. Also that bitches in a shiny blue bar cover sucks.

The best crap bootleg cover for this album is the one with the corpses and the warrior dude in red / white colors

Honestly none of these fit right to the music. The heralds cover could be anything, the bar cover some shitty glam crap, the corpses mountain some deathrash...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Knell wrote:I don't like the cover. Also that bitches in a shiny blue bar cover sucks.

The best crap bootleg cover for this album is the one with the corpses and the warrior dude in red / white colors

Honestly none of these fit right to the music. The heralds cover could be anything, the bar cover some shitty glam crap, the corpses mountain some deathrash...
None of those are bootlegs dude.

This was released officially on CD two different times.

The labels are as follows:

Metalcore 1990
Caroline / Metal Blade 1991

The only one which could be a bootleg is the Barricade pressing which the band regards as such, but you never know, as this looks quite legitimate and lots of record deals go sour and accusations are made back and forth afterwards.

Either way, that's besides the point...
Last edited by Avenger on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Nemesis - The Day Of Retribution was also released on this series.

Only reason I know that is because I picked it up and traded it for Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen. :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

SideShow wrote:Only reason I know that is because I picked it up and traded it for Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen. :lol:
Are you fucking serious?

Was the dude you traded braindead?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Avenger wrote:This is a series released in '90/'91.

This is the logo that I'm looking for:

Although I'm familiar with this Metal Blade logo this is not the same series as the list I gave you or the same as the copy of 'Hallows Eve-Death & Insanity' I mentioned??
I think ION BRITTON & I are talking about a different 'Classics Series' from MB??
Possibly from 1988, or most probably later??? Mine is manufactured by SPV?
...& Ltd Ed numbered.. with 'Classic Series' down the inner tray spine with pictures of the other albums I mentioned, under the CD tray...
:?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Korgüll wrote: Although I'm familiar with this Metal Blade logo this is not the same series as the list I gave you or the same as the copy of 'Hallows Eve-Death & Insanity' I mentioned??
I think ION BRITTON & I are talking about a different 'Classics Series' from MB??
...& Ltd Ed numbered.. with 'Classic Series' down the inner tray spine with pictures of the other albums I mentioned, under the CD tray...
Maybe they released a second packet of "Metal Classics" later on, Ample Destruction and Torch was not within the packet that included Tales of Terror, Battle Cry etc. Now why they used the same name for both, i don't know that.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Korgüll wrote: Although I'm familiar with this Metal Blade logo this is not the same series as the list I gave you or the same as the copy of 'Hallows Eve-Death & Insanity' I mentioned??
Maybe they released a second packet of "Metal Classics" later on, Ample Destruction and Torch was not within the packet that included Tales of Terror, Battle Cry etc. Now why they used the same name for both, i don't know that.
I'm thinking that the one I'm talking about here was marketed for North America.

The one you guys were discussing was probably oriented for Europe.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:
SideShow wrote:Only reason I know that is because I picked it up and traded it for Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen. :lol:
Are you fucking serious?

Nah, he's actually a good friend of mine. He knew the value disparity, he just didn't care! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

SideShow wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Are you fucking serious?

Nah, he's actually a good friend of mine. He knew the value disparity, he just didn't care! :D
Nice friend...

So anyways, I've confirmed the following titles:

Torch - S/T
Torch - Fireraiser
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
Nemesis - The Day Of Retribution

I'm sure that there was more then 4 titles though.
DMR

Post by DMR »

Angel Witch - s/t might be a part of the series. I know Metal Blade reissued it around that time.
El Loco Diablo

Post by El Loco Diablo »

My copy of Armored Saint's Delirious Nomad has a Metal Blade Classics logo on front, but its the blade logo, not the old one. Says in the back it was released in 1995.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm bumping this because I found another title.

I've also noticed that a few more CD collectors have joined the forum recently so maybe they could be of some help.

The first post as been updated with the titles that I know of so far.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

This one doesn't count?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Image

This one doesn't count?
I need a scan of the front/back inserts to be certain.

There's a specific logo I'm looking for.