Metal Blade "Metal Classics Series"

...and all CD issues goes here.
User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#31 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm

I have a Hallows Eve : Tales Of Terror Metal Blade classics series from 1996
I have no number in the numbering space though!!!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Heathen
Posts: 1234

Post#32 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Avenger wrote:
The Knell wrote:I don't like the cover. Also that bitches in a shiny blue bar cover sucks.

The best crap bootleg cover for this album is the one with the corpses and the warrior dude in red / white colors

Honestly none of these fit right to the music. The heralds cover could be anything, the bar cover some shitty glam crap, the corpses mountain some deathrash...
None of those are bootlegs dude.

This was released officially on CD two different times.

The labels are as follows:

Metalcore 1990
Caroline / Metal Blade 1991

The only one which could be a bootleg is the Barricade pressing which the band regards as such, but you never know, as this looks quite legitimate and lots of record deals go sour and accusations are made back and forth afterwards.

Either way, that's besides the point...
I have serious doubts about the Barricade release. I had it some time ago (I replaced it with the Metal Blade version) and while its martix area looked as if it was a legitimate release from a serious CD plant, the band themselves seem to regard this as a bootleg (look at the discography section http://www.jagpanzer.com/html/discography.html).

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#33 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 am

The Knell wrote:I have a Hallows Eve : Tales Of Terror Metal Blade classics series from 1996
I have no number in the numbering space though!!!
The series I'm talking about is from '90/'91.

Here is a copy of the Hallows Eve CD that I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hallows-Eve-Tales-O ... 7C294%3A50

Released in 1990 by Restless / Metal Blade
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#34 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:38 am

pardon, I thought it's off the same series :oops:
I'm no CD wize man at all
Avenger wrote:
The Knell wrote:I have a Hallows Eve : Tales Of Terror Metal Blade classics series from 1996
I have no number in the numbering space though!!!
The series I'm talking about is from '90/'91.

Here is a copy of the Hallows Eve CD that I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hallows-Eve-Tales-O ... 7C294%3A50

Released in 1990 by Restless / Metal Blade
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Korgüll
Posts: 1973

Post#35 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:54 am

This is the Hallows Eve I have.
I have never seen any other CD's in this particular series, even though there is a list of the other titles in the series under the CD tray (as you can see)
Image
Image
Image
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?

User avatar
sovdat
Posts: 2605
Contact:

Post#36 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:05 am

I had A Distant Thunder from these series, if I'm not mistaken it was from 1996.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#37 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 am

Korgüll wrote:This is the Hallows Eve I have.
I have never seen any other CD's in this particular series, even though there is a list of the other titles in the series under the CD tray (as you can see)
Image
Image
Image
Yes, this is a different and highly common re-issue series from 1996.

Not what I'm looking for.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#38 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:43 am

sovdat wrote:I had A Distant Thunder from these series, if I'm not mistaken it was from 1996.
So is that "Show No Mercy" CD from this series?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
sovdat
Posts: 2605
Contact:

Post#39 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:13 am

No, it's from ~ 1990 era. Kreator is selling a copy right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAYER-Show-No-Merc ... tsupported

User avatar
gigadeth
Posts: 244

Post#40 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 pm

sovdat wrote:No, it's from ~ 1990 era. Kreator is selling a copy right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAYER-Show-No-Merc ... tsupported
it is Music For Nations release (so European release), catalog number is CD ZORRO 7, not Metal Blade. isn't it?

User avatar
Korgüll
Posts: 1973

Post#41 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:19 pm

I have two copies of this Slayer CD, everything is exactly the same on both. But one has red writing on the spine & the other is white writing???????????

So different pressings...?

Which one is the first I wonder...??
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?

User avatar
sovdat
Posts: 2605
Contact:

Post#42 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm

gigadeth wrote:
sovdat wrote:No, it's from ~ 1990 era. Kreator is selling a copy right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAYER-Show-No-Merc ... tsupported
it is Music For Nations release (so European release), catalog number is CD ZORRO 7, not Metal Blade. isn't it?
(P)(C) Metal Blade 1984
Marketed and distributed by Music for Nations
Metal Blade logotype on the CD ...

User avatar
gigadeth
Posts: 244

Post#43 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

sovdat wrote:
gigadeth wrote:
sovdat wrote:No, it's from ~ 1990 era. Kreator is selling a copy right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAYER-Show-No-Merc ... tsupported
it is Music For Nations release (so European release), catalog number is CD ZORRO 7, not Metal Blade. isn't it?
(P)(C) Metal Blade 1984
Marketed and distributed by Music for Nations
Metal Blade logotype on the CD ...
yes, but the catalog number "CD ZORRO" is european release. it may be Music For Nations release licensed from Metal Blade.

i think it is 3rd european release of this album
roadrunner slimline -> roadrunner (black & white on back insert) -> music for nations

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#44 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Gigadeth is correct.

Music For Nations was simply a European distribution label. This was licensed from Metal Blade for the european market.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#45 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Add:

Trouble - The Skull
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests