Most wanted official cd re-issues?

...and all CD issues goes here.
In The Raw

Most wanted official cd re-issues?

Post by In The Raw »

I'm new here, so even though I did a search, my apologies if this topic has been covered before.

Probably a crime around here :) but what I collect are cds (I do not even own a turntable) so I rely on the independent labels to put out the obscurities that I want on cd. Most of these are records that I owned "back in the day" (I'm 42) or things I want to hear that have escaped me.

So what titles would you like to see on a high quality High Vaultage/Monster Records/Shadow Kingdom/Stormspell etc type label?

Shadow Kingdom have the RITUAL/WIDOW cds coming any second so I can finally scratch that one off the list but off the top of my head here are a few I'd LOVE to see:

A WARRIOR - "Anthology" type release. Which WARRIOR? The "For Europe Only" band. I had that mini-lp when it was released and I've always loved this band. I do have the single tracks they did on the Sanctuary/Neat nwobhm cd sets and the "Live In A Dive" cd which I now understand may be a bootleg rip off the old cassette that the band self-released. What I really want is that "For Europe Only" thing on a properly mastered cd.

BLEAK HOUSE - "Anthology". I love this band - and I have only heard a couple of tracks from the "Lions In Winter" ep but I'd love something that compiles everything that can be dug up by these guys.

PICTURE - post "Eternal Dark" catalog. Yeah, I know that most metalheads consider these albums to be real dogs that go from bad to AOR-worse when compared to the Godly likes of "Diamond Dreamer" but I'm a completest (its a disease!) and I want them. I have the first four PICTURE albums on those luxe re-issues from 2001 and now I want the rest. And that includes the one that has Bert from VANDENBERG singing.

VOIE DE FAIT -"Ange Ou Demon". I like this one so much I downloaded it from some site a long rime ago - and I almost NEVER do that (I cannot stand listening to metal on my crappy computer speakers). Fantastic singing and great guitar playing. I'm a huge French Metal buff and I rank this one right up there with the best moments from SORTILEGE, H BOMB, DEMON EYES and BLASPHEME.

SAD IRON - "Total Damnation". I had this on vinyl when I used to have a massive lp collection and reading about it on this site made me remember how much I liked this one. Sure its sort of "amateur hour" but in those days (and today too) I could never get enough of this kind of sloppy but intense Euro-metal that was so much a part of what made that era great. And I'll take "The Anti-Christ" while we are at it. :D

Ok, so what is on your list?
"On your feet, or on your knees"
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I would certainly go along with the need for a Bleak House anthology, and i eagerly await the day Rockadrome reissue their Legend "Anthology" collection as i missed getting a copy back when Monster issued it.
Oh, and Miskatonic's long promised Desolation Angels box set has me salivating too.
In the meantime, you can download the missing entries from your Warrior collection and (if the links are still live), grab the Bleak House back catalogue over at my blog.
http://www.liveandotherwise.blogspot.com/
It's not the same as having the originals of course, but it is the next best thing.
And who the hell can afford the rare vinyl these days?
GJ

Post by GJ »

Errm, apart from both having a turntable and the LP I still would welcome a CD reissue of the great Voie de Fait album (also in my french top three - along with Blaspheme and Sortilege). Did they ever release any singles/demos?

And then we have the Adramelch demo who I think was announced for a cd release a few years ago - still no sign of it.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I want that goddamn DESOLATION ANGELS BOX NOW!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I would love to have RENEGADE - Total Aramgeddon CD! And 1st Battlefield MLP too.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

ION BRITTON wrote:I want that goddamn DESOLATION ANGELS BOX NOW!
Miskatonic hints have been dropped that it's due out early November.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I want that goddamn DESOLATION ANGELS BOX NOW!
Miskatonic hints have been dropped that it's due out early November.
Let's wait a little bit more then. What is 1,5 more month compared to 4 years of waiting....
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Oblivion Knight

Post by Oblivion Knight »

Isnt there a Crush re-release coming out? anyone know?
DMR

Post by DMR »

I was thinking about starting a thread like this, but I figured people's lists would be WAY too long. So here's my long list:

Heavy Load discography - It's a little hard for me to believe that bands who only released a 7" and some demos (if that) get the reissue treatment, but the three killer Heavy Load albums are still out of print. Reissue labels, PLEASE try to put this stuff out!

Hell box set - We've all made our opinions clear on this one.

Behemoth (Swe) - I don't know how much material they have in their archives, but what I've heard is really good.

Danger Zone - Victim of Time
Salem's Law - Tale of Goblins' Breed
Siren - No Place Like Home
Thunder Way - The Order Executors
Last edited by DMR on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desolator

Post by Desolator »

Dawnwatcher and Gotham City anthologies would be nice
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Is there any Danger Zone stuff outside of the 12"? That would be great to hear.

Seconded on Behemoth!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Target - Mission Executed

Chateaux discography (Not the shitty 2-CD compilation that's availible on Sanctuary Records, I want individual, high quality CD's).

Steel Vengeance discography, again individual CD's for each album.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head for now.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DMR

Post by DMR »

Professor Black wrote:Is there any Danger Zone stuff outside of the 12"? That would be great to hear.

Seconded on Behemoth!
I think Danger Zone did demos before and after Victim of Time, but I've never heard them.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

First they reissued KEEL debut on CD. Next we going to have CHASTAIN (1st two albums) rerelease in October. I hope Sharpnel can reissue APOCRYPHA "Forgotten Scroll" in the near future.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mega_lodon wrote:I hope Sharpnel can reissue APOCRYPHA "Forgotten Scroll" in the near future.
Mike as quite the back catelog that he still has the rights for...

As for "The Forgotten Scroll", I could care less at this point because this has been legitimately issued on CD at one point and I have a copy of the original.

I'm trying to stick mostly with things that haven't been issued before on CD or that were not done properly.

If Shrapnel went out and issued Apocrypha's entire back-catelog on say 1 or 2 CD's, I sure as hell wouldn't buy that. It's being cheap and taking the easy way out. I mean that's fine for releasing all the material of a band that put out nothing more then demos, but for full-lengths it's a slap in the face.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."