Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

The Knell wrote:How much is Outbreak (Can) - Master Stroke LP (mint all) worth?? Is it worth to spend any money on it either?
Dude, that's one of my favorite albums ever! I think it's worth whatever you spend on it....

...but that being said, someone seems to have found a box of them, because there are cheap copies around. On ebay it usually seems to go for around $80 (it used to be closer to $200), but there's someone on gemm selling them for about $40. I'd say grab one before he runs out!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I listened to it on vibrationsofdoom, cool thing indeed.
Last edited by The Knell on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

The Knell wrote:I listened to it on vibrationsofdoom, cool thing indeed.

I saw it sealed on ebay for 150$, but I can't afford buying it...unfortunately.

What is gemm?
gemm.com - its an online flea market, like musicstack.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

You need to track down the two Outbreak Demo's (Metal Reich & Iron Guard) if you can , they absolutely CRUSH the LP...no "demos are better" cliche in this case -cold hard FACT ! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Yes, they look awesome heheh
wehrmacht octopus??? :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

wicked keeper wrote:You need to track down the two Outbreak Demo's (Metal Reich & Iron Guard) if you can , they absolutely CRUSH the LP...no "demos are better" cliche in this case -cold hard FACT ! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Agreed. The demos are better on pure songwriting alone. The LP is OK but frankly I think it falls behind plenty of other Canadian releases, obscure or not. Gotta love that poster though :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

"Final Genocide" of Dissection is actually "Mein Kampf" and some other title from the debut is also stolen from "Leader", only with more death/thrash. How lame! :?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Didn't know of the OUTBREAK/DISSECTION(can) connection before. Is that DISSECTION lp worth picking up?
tomas

Post by tomas »

I can upload that Dissection LP if you want. I have the mp3s somewhere...
It's rather good thrash.

My question: I have the opportunity of buying Manilla Road 'Crystal Logic' LP on blue vinyl. I have to come up with an offer. What's a record like this worth?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I would say yes, I like it quite a lot. Fast horror death thrash. Reminds me sometimes a bit of the Slayer debut / Bay Area stuff. Great insane vocals from power metal clean vocals to mean thrash shouts. Some really awesome tunes like in the end of "Viking Sword" (my favourite track on this LP.)
But it's not a flawless record and not TOO original (except mentioned track maybe). "Escape Of The Apocalypse" for example is a bit pointless and boring for me. I wouldn't pay up that high (I heard it goes quite cheap on ebay, but I never saw one). I paid 25€ for my sealed copy and I think it's ok for that price.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

tomas wrote: My question: I have the opportunity of buying Manilla Road 'Crystal Logic' LP on blue vinyl. I have to come up with an offer. What's a record like this worth?
I think max $50,-
Long Live The Loud !!!
tomas

Post by tomas »

Thanks!
Levi

Post by Levi »

I've seen it go for 30-35 euros on eBay too. It's more common than the original Roadster version.
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

wicked keeper wrote:You need to track down the two Outbreak Demo's (Metal Reich & Iron Guard) if you can , they absolutely CRUSH the LP...no "demos are better" cliche in this case -cold hard FACT ! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The demos definitely rule, but I think the LP is one for the ages. The guy on GEMM who has the LP had copies of the demos, too, and I definitely recommend you snag those as well....

Just double-checked, by the way: That dealer (Sonowax) is still offering the record for $44. That's cheap as hell, and he's a reliable guy, I've bought from him many times. You can thank me later for the tip! :twisted:
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

tomas wrote: My question: I have the opportunity of buying Manilla Road 'Crystal Logic' LP on blue vinyl. I have to come up with an offer. What's a record like this worth?
Tim at Evil Legend (www.evillegendrecords.com) is still advertising sealed Roadster pressings of this one for $25. I'd go for that before paying 50 Euros for the Black Dragon edition! Super-highly recommended though, in any case: Crystal Logic is my favorite Manilla Road, and I think all their stuff is great.

Shit, I'm gonna end up revealing all my sources........ :twisted: :twisted: