Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Arrow - Master of evil
Classic german metal. 2 great songs - 2 boring ones - still a great buy.

Black task - Long after midnight
Quite original and weird - not at all like the cult MLP but still interresting.

Backwater - Revelation (listened to this for half a minute, sounded like cool venom-like metal)
Pretty boring for being a Venom copy. Disapointing.

Castle blak or something like that, forgot the exact name
If you buy this you will instantly turn into a homosexual. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

HYKSOS (us) - s/t LP, 1982
- Saw it in a local shop for +80 EUR. The dealer in question is rather good in overpricing (a very irritating behaviour - other examples are Korrozia Metalla "Russian Vodka" 50 EUR, Heavy Load "Full speed..." +150 EUR, etc.).

Is the HYKSOS album recommended?

Edit: found out that there's a reissue on High Vaultage
Fun records
mordred

Post by mordred »

Metalipeiklo wrote:HYKSOS (us) - s/t LP, 1982
- Saw it in a local shop for +80 EUR. The dealer in question is rather good in overpricing (a very irritating behaviour - other examples are Korrozia Metalla "Russian Vodka" 50 EUR, Heavy Load "Full speed..." +150 EUR, etc.).

HYKSOS is quite bad. Cool cover art though! :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

No, HYKSOS is quite good. In fact it's almost excellent. Very solid and metallic for being an '82 release. Not too musically similar, but with the same vibe as CIRITH UNGOL and LEGEND (UK). If the insert is included I guess 80 euros would be OK - if not you can wait. For some reason this album turns up relatively often in Sweden, but never with that insert :(
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mordred wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:HYKSOS (us) - s/t LP, 1982

HYKSOS is quite bad. Cool cover art though! :D
Plain & standard riffing, trite melodies and an average vocalist = A quite bad album indeed. You may purchase it just for the front cover, but keep in mind that its music quality is hardly remarkable.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I saw today on the web a guy selling reeditions of great european 80's metal bands such as BLACK FATE, MIRAGE, ALIEN FORCE, CREATURE, RED STORM, GRAVESTONE, NOISEHUNTER, STRANGER, HALLOWED, RENEGADE, GALLOWS POLE, ... most of them with bonus.
The name of the label is Karthago.
Does someone know about the quality of these re-releases ? and what about the bonus ? Are they official releases or bootlegs ?

The price seems interesting 12 Euros PP.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

omen of hate wrote:I saw today on the web a guy selling reeditions of great european 80's metal bands such as BLACK FATE, MIRAGE, ALIEN FORCE, CREATURE, RED STORM, GRAVESTONE, NOISEHUNTER, STRANGER, HALLOWED, RENEGADE, GALLOWS POLE, ... most of them with bonus.
Does someone know about the quality of these re-releases ? and what about the bonus ? Are they official releases or bootlegs ?

I haven't got any of these re-releases but I've got the LORD VADER (pl) "Goliath" LP released byt Karthago. A quality product, official as well. I think the guy is behind metalpage.de? Seems a reliable label. Not very unknown within these circuits either I thought?
Fun records
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

omen of hate wrote:I saw today on the web a guy selling reeditions of great european 80's metal bands such as BLACK FATE, MIRAGE, ALIEN FORCE, CREATURE, RED STORM, GRAVESTONE, NOISEHUNTER, STRANGER, HALLOWED, RENEGADE, GALLOWS POLE, ... most of them with bonus.

My friend Stefan is the guy behind Karthago as well as a member of the Metalpage team. He is 100% reliable and everything released under the Karthago label is guaranteed official in accordance with the band, no bootlegs here.
All CDs I have seen from Karthago are high quality products with thick booklets, bonus-tracks, some with liner-notes from the bands etc.
You can order there with confidence :)
We praise the blood that metal brings
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

OmenOfSteel wrote: You can order there with confidence :)
I'll do this week then.

Thanks for the info !
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Does someone have infos on the following albums :

BLACKSMITH - Fire from Within
LETHAL DOSE - st

Thanx !
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

omen of hate wrote:Does someone have infos on the following albums :

BLACKSMITH - Fire from Within
LETHAL DOSE - st

Thanx !
Both are good US Metal records. I prefer LETHAL DOSE, way above average, but the cover sucks.
BLACKSMITH is hard to find on CD, the LP should be easy to track down. Nice US Metal. Dont expect some uber-classics, but they are both worth getting.
We praise the blood that metal brings
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanx !
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

LETHAL DOSE - st very underrated US power on Everrat Records with hideous cover art, I recommend it. I used to always pick it up around here when I found it for $2 or so, now there seems to be few copies around.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Do you suggest me to take Martyr´s-For The Universe for 25 Euro?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Also a very important question for me.I recently saw Maniac-Maniac(1985) LP in an edition different from my Vinyl(mine hadn´t so vivid colour and had insert with lyrics) which had more vivid colour and had no insert with lyrics.Which one was the original one and which is more rare?