Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

glockose wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Could anyone of you help me out with that "Sinister Soldiers"-album from SORCERY (US)?

I have a copy, but i'm not sure if it's the original or the inofficial reissue.
Many thanks!
Ok
Maybe this will help

NO original copies have printed writing on spine or Copyrights in the white box.

1st ORIGINAL Came with No Printing on Spine, No Copyright on Back, No Stickers on Labels.

The following year the band did a second run (2nd press) put stickers on Spine and Copyright in box & Stickers on labels (Although some copies ONLY got the stickers on the labels and the covers stayed blank) STILL ORIGINAL

If a copy has Printing on the spin and a printed copyright (IT IS A BOOT) After some of these started floating around the bootlegger thought they would get a little smarter and put stickers on the labels BUT these are still BOOTS DON'T BE FOOLED
Thanks very much John, well my copy does have the "Century"-stickers on the label, but it also has a printed copyright-text on the spine (no sticker), so it must be a boot then. Too bad, but thanks anyway.

Hey, does anyone here wants a buy an almost-original SORCERY album :D ??
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

doomedplanet wrote:MESSAGE "It'll Be Awhile" is NOT Krautrock, it is from the US. Great hard rock in the Impeccable/Full Moon, etc style. Usually sells for around $200-$250
tbieri wrote:
faster wrote:Anyone heard of, MESSAGE It'll Be Awhile, 1981,
seller claims it is hard rock / proggressive ?
It's just average rock.
In their early days they played some good Krautrock, but this one's week.
Ooops !!! That's correct ! Sorry i completely confused them !!!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I found this CD today:

-SIREN: Financial suicide on Aaarrg Records

matrix code says:

ARG 18 P+0-2655-A 01-89

Is it the original or a later edition??
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

mine has same matrix, should be original...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Could anyone clarify what is the deal with all these first Massacra album Releases? Why is it released under two different names ("Final Holocaust" and self titled). Which releases were put out in 1990, and which are later re-releases?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

only the 1990 Crazy Life Music CD was self titled. The first press was by Shark but there are at least 3 slightly different Shark CD versions...all dating in 1990...oh well
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Thanks.
So the Crazy Music version also came out in 1990? I'm asking because I've just bought it and i'm curious ;)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

According to "ZZZOOUHH" the Final Holocaust on Shark is the original 1st press, while the Crazy Life s/t came out somewhere around then, although it was pressed later than the original FH (maybe even the same year).
Bane

Post by Bane »

Can anyone tell me what quantity the Hammerwitch "Return to Salem" MLP was pressed in and how much I would expect to pay for it? Also, any information on the picture disc release also. Cheers!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

From what I recall this record was not sold or distributed. The band ordered the copies from the pressing plant and never paid the bill so they went into scrap and all the copies in circulation came from the freebie/sample bin at the pressing plant. I remember hearing in the 90's you could go there and find a copy now and then. Not sure quantity pressed. Maybe this is urban legend but I believe Mr. haupt told me this story.
The price? just like any price, whatever the market will bear. Maybe about 200 euro or so?
Bane wrote:Can anyone tell me what quantity the Hammerwitch "Return to Salem" MLP was pressed in and how much I would expect to pay for it? Also, any information on the picture disc release also. Cheers!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Bane wrote:Can anyone tell me what quantity the Hammerwitch "Return to Salem" MLP was pressed in and how much I would expect to pay for it? Also, any information on the picture disc release also. Cheers!

I don't know about the pressing #s, but I can help with price. In the last few years, copies on ebay usually sell for $200-300, with most copies in the $250-300 range. Occasionally a copy gets above $300. If you're patient, you can get one for less than $250, but you may lose a couple of auctions before winning it. Seems like 2-3 copies show up on ebay each year, so while it's not incredibly easy to find, it does turn up fairly regularly. Watch for copies with cut-out marks, and it does come with a printed inner sleeve or insert. It's a very popular item and gets lots of bids every time a nice copy turns up.
Hope that helps. It's a very good record IMO!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

doomedplanet wrote:From what I recall this record was not sold or distributed. The band ordered the copies from the pressing plant and never paid the bill so they went into scrap and all the copies in circulation came from the freebie/sample bin at the pressing plant. I remember hearing in the 90's you could go there and find a copy now and then. Not sure quantity pressed. Maybe this is urban legend but I believe Mr. haupt told me this story.
The price? just like any price, whatever the market will bear. Maybe about 200 euro or so?
Maybe my story got lost in translation

This was Pressed at A&R in Dallas. You had to pay 1/2 up front. When the pressing was done the band went to pick them up (500 copies) well they had no money to pay the balance. I big fight broke out and the band left with 1/2 the copies (250)

Years later A&R starting putting the remaining copies in there sample bins (Yes when you walk in the front door they have bins with maybe 500 records as free samples).

So to the question they pressed 500 and I would guess that even with the 250 as samples just as many as anything else that was pressed in Qty 500 is out there and floating around
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Bane wrote:Also, any information on the picture disc release also. Cheers!
A brazilian boot in the same "series" as the pic-discs of the Sindromes, the Desolation Angels, SA Slayer, Tyrant's Reign etc...

They're supposed to be ltd to 350 copies, but I'm sceptical. These pics have been on plenty of distros for years and still is.
Bane

Post by Bane »

That's fantastic info! Thanks a lot guys. I've been totally hooked on it over the past few weeks, more so than I was in the past, so I'll bite the bullet and keep an eye on eBay for it. If anyone know of any dealers that have it for sale, I would love a PM!
TheGreatEscape

KING DIAMOND - Spider's lullabye LP question

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Anybody knows if this album was repressed? Have seen a cheap copy on the local record show this weekend but didn't buy it because it looked like a fake:

the labels were not cut and pasted properly
the label printing was blurry / fuzzy

When I did a research at popsike, I've seen several copies of this album selling for a ridiculous price ... and all were offered from the same seller in Greece ... :? :? :?