Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

Post by DaN »

I came across some vinyls the other day that I'm considering to pick up cheap, maybe just to trade/sell. I would need some various info though...

These looked pretty glam/commercial, though they could be quite rare. Seen them on any wantlists? Know the approx. values? Or are they better than they look?

ANGELICA - s/t LP 89 (Intense rec)
BELLADONNA - s/t 12" (Deep Throat rec)
SHIRE - s/t MLP 84 (Rosa rec)
SNATCH - "if the party's in your mouth" MLP '85 (private)

Don't know how rare these are, but are they any good? (Can't play stuff on VOD from where I am now)

ASPHYXIA - "exit reality" LP
V/A - California Metal LP 87 (Regency)
INTRINSIC - s/t LP (No Wimp rec, black sleeve with firey logo version)
GRIEFENHAGEN - forgot the title. It's on Wiishbone Rec
Last edited by DaN on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The ASPHYXIA album is good. They play a decent kind of techno-thrash.
Not the most original band of the genre, but the album is enjoyable.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

SHIRE MLP: The production on this one is supposed to be made by Dokken. I have heard it, it's good commercial hard rock, not glam. Last time i saw it its price was about 10 Euro. I don't think that it's a rare one...

VA - California metal: I think it's a white metal compilation. Better check which bands are featured before you buy it. Was it Emerald on this one or on pt2? I don't have a clue about its value.

GEIFENHAGEN: Melodic hard rock quite generic as far as i remember. I have come across it more than once. 30-35 Euros was its price...

Haven't heard the others.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thanx. Unoriginal techno thrash is not my cup of blood so that'll save me a few euros.

..and thanx again, John. Yes, the California Metal album seemed to be all White Metal. I guess it could be quite OK still, so I'm probably picking that one up. SHIRE will have to wait, but GRIEFENHAGEN could be worth getting just coz it was cheap and looked pretty snazzy.
Fucking Åmål

Re: Need info on some records

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:I came across some vinyls the other day that I'm considering to pick up cheap, maybe just to trade/sell. I would need some various info though...

These looked pretty glam/commercial, though they could be quite rare. Seen them on any wantlists? Know the approx. values? Or are they better than they look?

ANGELICA - s/t LP 89 (Intense rec)
BELLADONNA - s/t 12" (Deep Throat rec)
SHIRE - s/t MLP 84 (Rosa rec)
SNATCH - "if the party's in your mouth" MLP '85 (private)

Don't know how rare these are, but are they any good? (Can't play stuff on VOD from where I am now)

ASPHYXIA - "exit reality" LP
V/A - California Metal LP 87 (Regency)
INTRINSIC - s/t LP (No Wimp rec, black sleeve with firey logo version)
GRIEFENHAGEN - forgot the title. It's on Wiishbone Rec
SHIRE-S/t i have this record and i have seen this on a store for 15 euros on vinyl.It is good L.A glam/Hard rock one of it's members played in GUNS 'N' ROSES later(i hate this band).
V.A-CALIFORNIA METAL feutures some over the top white metal acts in the vein of NEON CROSS,EMERALD,DELIVERANCE (it features the two KILLER traks of EMERALD.).If you like white metal you must grab it .INTRINSIC I think played thrash metal or speed metal.
ASPHYXIA and SNATCH never heard before.
BELLADONNA-Offers hard rock/glam in the vein of Motley Crue british band though.
ANGELICA-i once again hard rock but they tend i think to AOR.Canadian band.
GREIFENHAGEN-I only know it is an AUSTRIAN(only for that i would grab it)-NORWEGIAN band.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DaN wrote:GRIEFENHAGEN could be worth getting just coz it was cheap and looked pretty snazzy.
This band remids me very much Manaic second album. I like it actually
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Like Dan, searching for some info about some band, Horsepower.
I'm having the opportunity to by their Outrageous single.
As I'm fairly new into the world of NWOBHM (I'm just beginning to check out NWOBHM), could anyone tell me if that purchase is worthwhile?

Thanks
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

DaN wrote: ANGELICA - s/t LP 89 (Intense rec)
Lightweight Christian "metal." I wouldn't bother.
DaN wrote: V/A - California Metal LP 87 (Regency)
I actually have the cassette version of this, and it's more Christian stuff, but I remember the Deliverance tracks being OK. However, I probably haven't heard it since 1987, so I could be wrong, hehe.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

DaN wrote: SNATCH - "if the party's in your mouth" MLP '85 (private)
Forgot to address this one... I've seen it at a local used LP store for about $25 U.S., but I've seen it go online for around $100 U.S. or so. I have it on MP3, and it's really sloppy glam metal, but somewhat endearing it in it's shitty approach, if that makes any sense. I've considered picking up my own copy just for fun. But yeah, you might be able to resell it for a decent amount, although I wouldn't guarantee it. However, if you're thinking of getting it just to listen to decent metal, then you'd be better off spending your money elsewhere.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Andreas wrote:Like Dan, searching for some info about some band, Horsepower.
As I'm fairly new into the world of NWOBHM (I'm just beginning to check out NWOBHM), could anyone tell me if that purchase is worthwhile?

Thanks
No it is not worthwhile. Lame unmetallic hr with a 70's touch (not the heavy kind though).
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I want to buy Hardline-Hardline(NOR) with Steamhammer edition is it good the price for 25 Euros and how are Hardline as a band?
Hoverbot Death Trooper

Post by Hoverbot Death Trooper »

Definately pickup that ASPHYXIA - Exit : Reality LP. Very rare. Very good! :twisted:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I want to buy Hardline-Hardline(NOR) with Steamhammer edition is it good the price for 25 Euros and how are Hardline as a band?
I gave it a quick listen a few years ago and as far as I remembered it was nothing special. Bleak standard hard rock. 25 euros would be insane. At least over here you see this album all the time and never over 10 euros.

Have noone heard the INTRINSIC lp? According to some page I came across this first pressing is supposed to be quite rare (something like 50 euros) but I know I've seen it every now and then over here. I'm probably buying it anyway, but if it's good I'm grabbing 2 copies.
Keir

Post by Keir »

ION BRITTON wrote:VA - California metal: I think it's a white metal compilation. Better check which bands are featured before you buy it. Was it Emerald on this one or on pt2? I don't have a clue about its value.
You're right, it is white metal. EMERALD were featured on the second volume. I haven't heard this one myself, but it's supposed to be good and it does have a lot of exclusive tracks so that's a plus. Not as rare as you might think though, and only worth about $10.
ION BRITTON wrote:GEIFENHAGEN: Melodic hard rock quite generic as far as i remember. I have come across it more than once. 30-35 Euros was its price...
Generic is the key word here. It's not worth that much either, I'd say $25 tops.
DaN wrote:
Andreas wrote:Like Dan, searching for some info about some band, Horsepower.

Thanks
No it is not worthwhile. Lame unmetallic hr with a 70's touch (not the heavy kind though).
Agreed. The single is even worse than the track for Metal for Muthas 2 (which was the worst track on the album).
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:I want to buy Hardline-Hardline(NOR) with Steamhammer edition is it good the price for 25 Euros and how are Hardline as a band?
I gave it a quick listen a few years ago and as far as I remembered it was nothing special. Bleak standard hard rock. 25 euros would be insane. At least over here you see this album all the time and never over 10 euros.
Thanks not to give money to some THIEVES :evil: .I found also GREIFENHAGEN for 30 Euros and i remembered that you said you found it for some low price so i left the store. 8)