Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Bane wrote:Ashbury - Endless Skies (original)

Where can I get it? :( Is it still in the $150-200 bracket?
Yeah, that seems to be the going rate - not below the €100 mark anyways. Still kicking myself for not grabbing a €65 copy at a Stockholm fair some years ago :(
daniel

Post by daniel »

Still, only like 3 good tracks on it. Plus the great cover... Jethro Tull meets metal, THOUGH 'Cold Wind To Valhalla' is pretty metal by Tull to me (I'm biased as they are one of my favourite bands ;))
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:There are two versions of the Enigma pressing of "Awaken the Guardian" - one made in USA, one made in South Korea:

-Which is the first pressing? Is this Korean pressing like the Japaneese pressings on Combat - It was pressed in the Far East before there were any CD pressing plants in the US?

- is the korean pressing worth anything? is it worth more than the US pressing?
Correct, there are two pressings of this CD. I'm not sure which is the absolute first pressing, but they were both put out in 1986. From my personal perspective, the US pressing seems to pop up less often, although, (And I believe from lack of knowledge that two different pressings exist) both tend to sell for around the same price. Circa 1986 there were both US and Canadian CD pressing plants, so I'm not exactly sure why two different pressings were done. Perhaps they were just intended for different markets? I recently sold a copy of the South Korean pressing on eBay and there were quite a few watchers so that confirms interest in it anyway. There is also South Korean pressings that Enigma/Metal Blade put out for a few of their other CD releases as well, such as, Omen, Lizzy Borden, etc and these releases seem to be manufactured exclusively in '86 and '87. What I'm trying to figure out is why these were manufactured in South Korea of all places. Quite odd.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

As far as I know the inserts in the SK release were printed in the US, so guess is that those new, pioneer CD plants in North America were quite expensive at the time and maybe thats why some of the CDs were pressed in SK. Maybe for the European market only, as there was no specific european release at the time. hm....
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

How rare is the STUD 7''? I'm probably having one in a trade, but need to know if it is worth it or not.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
daniel

Post by daniel »

What's the music like on the Maelstrom 7" that recently got sold on eBay by Haupt? Tracks are 'Singing In The Rain'/'Waiting For My Woman'. Shit or gold?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

daniel wrote:What's the music like on the Maelstrom 7" that recently got sold on eBay by Haupt? Tracks are 'Singing In The Rain'/'Waiting For My Woman'. Shit or gold?
Don't know. I think one of the songs is on one of those greek bootleg cds, but I don't have that particular one.

RUFF JUSTICE- No Justice, No Peace. What formats was this issued on? Thanks for any info.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
faster

Post by faster »

Anyone heard of, MESSAGE It'll Be Awhile, 1981,
seller claims it is hard rock / proggressive ?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Hey i have a CD of a German band Buckshot,The Sword's Tale is the title and the music is just awesome.They have several other CDs released.Anyone can tell me what the rest of their releases are?Are they any worthwhile checking or buying?This album is just amazing.....
Never trust the Goblin King....
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Trigger wrote:Hey i have a CD of a German band Buckshot,The Sword's Tale is the title and the music is just awesome.They have several other CDs released.Anyone can tell me what the rest of their releases are?Are they any worthwhile checking or buying?This album is just amazing.....
http://www.metal-archives.com/
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I am aware of their releases,i just asked for a short review of the other CDs.Thanx anyway....
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

daniel wrote:What's the music like on the Maelstrom 7" that recently got sold on eBay by Haupt? Tracks are 'Singing In The Rain'/'Waiting For My Woman'. Shit or gold?

Well,it's pretty crappy music,nothing special.It IS heavy metal,no hair or glam stuff,but nothing that will blow your mind and for sure nothing you would relish on after a few spins....
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Is Olga Rozhnova & Voyage - The Road any good? What kind of metal is it exactly?
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Dirty Rocker wrote:How rare is the STUD 7''? I'm probably having one in a trade, but need to know if it is worth it or not.
Pretty rare, I believe. Haven't seen one copy though I've been actively browsing through various Finnish record shops' and second hand shops' selections. Sadly missing from collection... It's one of the better Finnish 7" from the 80's for sure.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

zeuhl wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:How rare is the STUD 7''? I'm probably having one in a trade, but need to know if it is worth it or not.
Pretty rare, I believe. Haven't seen one copy though I've been actively browsing through various Finnish record shops' and second hand shops' selections. Sadly missing from collection... It's one of the better Finnish 7" from the 80's for sure.
Thanks for the help. Maybe I'm getting this one + another finnish single for a HELL 7''.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL