Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

DaN wrote:
Satan Is Our Pal wrote:I've also just purchased Rock Meets Metal Volume 2 on the Ebony label, catalogue number 105. Not on any list on the net, any info would be great.

Cheers.
Do you have it in your hands yet? I first included it on my Ebony-page, then removed it since doomedplanet mentioned it was released on post-Ebony label Reaction Records (UNREST6) in this thread.

Would be cool to know which bands were featured too, and if it's any good + worth picking up.
It's just arrived via the post. i can confirm that it is a Ebony release 105, the cover is identical to the first volume but doesn't have Volume 2 on the front(it's on the spine though) it was released a year earlier than the Reaction release. The record label is the usual Ebony silver on black.

I just tried to take pictures but I'm out of batteries. As soon as I get some I'll sort out some pictures.

I think it's well worth tracking down, side two has some killer Metal, Self Destruct by Taryn made me wanna smash the office up. I'll give it a good listen and report back. Here is a full list of bands/tracks etc.

Side 1.
Tears In My Eyes - Czakan(Germany)
Shadows of Insanity - Annexe(Ireland)
Waiting For The Bomb - Allegiance(London)
Feel Fire - Wild Pussy(Wales)
Is Anybody Out There? - 7th Era(England)
I Still Want You - Steel(Sweden)
Warriors - Ezy Meat(Ireland)

Side 2.
Children of The Sun - Eternity(Finland)
Self Destruct - Taryn(England)
Tell Me Lies - Jealous(Scotland)
Vault of The Disciple - Maximus Thraxx(England) another great fucked up track.
No Reason, No Ryhme - Transmission(Emgland)
Adiction - Black Riders(Isle of Man)
Pullin' The Switch - Unreal Terror(Italy) great! great! great!
Just Sixteen - Cream Soda(England)
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

nice score on Rock Meets Metal Volume 2. I've been looking for this for a long time, unusual it has an ebony label, not the sub-offshoot label, would like to see that photo too. If you take a look in the NWOBHM encyclopedia you will notice that the entry on this album has completely different bands listed(or at least my memory is this is the case, I cannot get my hands on this book now, it is packed away at the moment).

Any chance of an upload?????
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Sorry doomedplanet, your memory is a bit off (I didn't trust to memory at all - I had the book nearby). It's the exact same tracklisting in McMillan's book and he gives it as an Ebony release too. I've seen this for sale a couple of times (or was it volume 1?) but let it go since McMillan calls it pointless and a "feeble exercise".
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Satan is Our Pal

great_knuthulhu wrote:Sorry doomedplanet, your memory is a bit off (I didn't trust to memory at all - I had the book nearby). It's the exact same tracklisting in McMillan's book and he gives it as an Ebony release too. I've seen this for sale a couple of times (or was it volume 1?) but let it go since McMillan calls it pointless and a "feeble exercise".
I can't understand why you would dismiss this album on the words of McMillan, judging by the music that i've actually listened to I would say it's one of the best Ebony compilations and I own them all.

I'm going out to a friends house I'll use his scanner and put up a couple of pics. Doomedplanet I can;t upload at the moment, I will try and sort something out.
Last edited by Satan is Our Pal on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan is Our Pal

Back cover.

ImageImage

Side 1.

ImageImage

Side 2.

ImageImage
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Avenger wrote:
omen of hate wrote:
DaN wrote: I would guess the cover at MA is the original, while the one at the blog is the bootleg.
I'm sure that the CD I've seen in that shop has the M-A cover, I'll buy it this monday.
Can you post a scan of the CD once you purchase it please?

Or at least post the Label / Matrix #?

I think that may be a bootleg.
Bullshit, I hadn't have the time yesterday to return to the shop to buy the CD, I wanted to buy it today and the fucker had already sold it !!
According to him, this is not a bootleg, but I don't think his metal knowledge is good enough to recognize a boot.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

omen of hate wrote:
Avenger wrote:
omen of hate wrote:
I'm sure that the CD I've seen in that shop has the M-A cover, I'll buy it this monday.
Can you post a scan of the CD once you purchase it please?

Or at least post the Label / Matrix #?

I think that may be a bootleg.
Bullshit, I hadn't have the time yesterday to return to the shop to buy the CD, I wanted to buy it today and the fucker had already sold it !!
According to him, this is not a bootleg, but I don't think his metal knowledge is good enough to recognize a boot.
And the hunt continues...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

According to seller:

NOTE; THESE ARE NOT PRESSINGS FROM 1994. THESE ARE THE FIRST METAL BLADE ONLY PRESSINGS WHICH CAME RIGHT AFTER THE ENIGMA/METAL BLADE PRESSINGS.

Can this be true? I've had 1996 version of A Distant Thunder album before and it looked like this ... on the other hand the same seller was selling two Hallows Eve CDs, and he mentioned that they were 1994 reissues, however the CDs looked like those two ...

According to musik-sammler there were two pressings of this albums on Metal Blade with serial numbers 7 73403-2 and 7 73419-2, so they should be MB/Restless releases?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

sovdat wrote:Image

According to seller:

NOTE; THESE ARE NOT PRESSINGS FROM 1994. THESE ARE THE FIRST METAL BLADE ONLY PRESSINGS WHICH CAME RIGHT AFTER THE ENIGMA/METAL BLADE PRESSINGS.

Can this be true? I've had 1996 version of A Distant Thunder album before and it looked like this ... on the other hand the same seller was selling two Hallows Eve CDs, and he mentioned that they were 1994 reissues, however the CDs looked like those two ...

According to musik-sammler there were two pressings of this albums on Metal Blade with serial numbers 7 73403-2 and 7 73419-2, so they should be MB/Restless releases?
Those pictured are identical to all the other '94 Metal Blade re-releases... the plain black discs, no restless branding... reissues.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Image

According to seller:

Those are the 1994 re-issues simply without the 1994 date printed anywhere.

Proof of this is the Metal Blade logo which to my knowledge was changed to that design in early 1993.

That seller is ignorant.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

A Distant Thunder rerelase (numbered) was from 1996, and there was a year on the back insert. Bidderwars also didn't mention anything here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0074450692

Here's a picture of my 1996 version (I later sold it):

... I just saw that there's a small difference on the right of the CD ring between mine and that ebay copy ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:A Distant Thunder rerelase (numbered) was from 1996, and there was a year on the back insert. Bidderwars also didn't mention anything here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0074450692

Here's a picture of my 1996 version (I later sold it):

... I just saw that there's a small difference on the right of the CD ring between mine and that ebay copy ...
I'd say that was an innocent mistake made by Ethan. He did the same thing with the Hallows Eve re-issues...

He's sold off 95% of his old collection and he's only left with some random stuff that isn't of much value.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Ethan = Bidderwars? I haven't bought anything from him, the best I could is that I was the 2nd highest bidder on INC - Razorback auction :))

What's up with all those Agony for $115 and Assorted Heap for $190 he purchased in the last months?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Anyone know anything about CRABTREE - Metal In The First Degree LP '82?

Apparently an American private pressing. Saw a description saying something like "obscure mix of early hard rock and punk".
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Not metal at all.
More Punk / Power pop and not good even for that.
I see copies all the time for $2 and pass.