Aurophon Brainstorm Series

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Aurophon Brainstorm Series

Post by Avenger »

Anyone know the complete list of titles in this series?

I have a few myself and I'm interested in tracking down more.

Thanks.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Here's some of them, I don't know how many are missing here, since they were covering everything from punk through hard rock to thrash ;)

ADICTS - Fifth Overture
DARKNESS - Death Squad
DARKNESS - Defenders of Justice
GRAVESTONE - Creating a Monster / Victim of Chains
LOCK-OUT - Thelme
MIDNIGHT DARKNESS - Holding the Night
NO TROUBLE - Looking for Trouble
SACRIFICE - On the Altar of Rock
S.D.I. - Satan's Defloration Incorporated
SIX POINT SIX - Fallen Angel
STARSTRUCK - Thru' to You
TOKYO BLADE - Ain't Misbehavin
UPROAR - Never Forgive
VECTOM - Speed Revolution
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Speaking of Brainstorm / Aurophon, I just saw Darkness' Defenders of Justice copy on ebay with $40 buy-it-now price :) I saw the last copies of it on ebay a year ago, one went for $160+ and the other for $170+ :)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

sovdat wrote:Speaking of Brainstorm / Aurophon, I just saw Darkness' Defenders of Justice copy on ebay with $40 buy-it-now price :) I saw the last copies of it on ebay a year ago, one went for $160+ and the other for $170+ :)
:shock:

and I got it for $7 dlls a coupe of months ago, along with Vectom, Tokyo Blade and Sacrifice
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

metalmaster wrote:
sovdat wrote:Speaking of Brainstorm / Aurophon, I just saw Darkness' Defenders of Justice copy on ebay with $40 buy-it-now price :) I saw the last copies of it on ebay a year ago, one went for $160+ and the other for $170+ :)
:shock:

and I got it for $7 dlls a coupe of months ago, along with Vectom, Tokyo Blade and Sacrifice
It just shows you how terrible place eBay have turned out to be. A gathering of mindless people with deep pockets willing to pay crazy prices for every CD which have "hyper mega rare htf oop" written in the description.

All Darkness CDs we re-released with nice fat booklets and remastered sound and are available elsewhere for like $10-12. Why would anyone want to pay $170 for an awful one-page budget insert Aurophon release is completely beyond me :lol:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

stormspell wrote:Why would anyone want to pay $170 for an awful one-page budget insert Aurophon release is completely beyond me :lol:
B'cos it's the ORIGINAL! Still not worth $170 in my books!!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Actually, it's not original, the original is Scratch / Tales of Thrash pressing :) This one was released in '90 ...
Detente - Recognize No Authority on price killers was just sold for $200+, although there's a rerelease (I haven't seen it yet) + a bootleg from few years back, which comes with lyrics, which aren't present in price killers version :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:although there's a rerelease (I haven't seen it yet) + a bootleg from few years back, which comes with lyrics, which aren't present in price killers version :)
That's another thing too.

If you compare some of the new re-issues of certian albums to say the SPV Mid-Price Serie releases the damn back inserts don't even have a tracklisting...

It's only on the disc itself.

I wonder what genius was behind that idea?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Yeah, it is funny to see how many people think that the original cd version would be better than the releases, starting with the sound, which is not good certainly. I just bought them because of I'm a collector of GAMA bands, whose cds are very crappy, as well as many of those times, like SPV and Noise ones. But in a million years I would pay more than 15 dlls for one of those cds, which, fortunatelly I already have.

The Detente new version is better than that killer prices cd. even when it dioes not include extra tracks, the cover and back cover are included complete, with lyrcis and better sound.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Actually, it's not original, the original is Scratch / Tales of Thrash pressing :) This one was released in '90 ...
Ah... of course, yes you're right!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Korgüll wrote:
stormspell wrote:Why would anyone want to pay $170 for an awful one-page budget insert Aurophon release is completely beyond me :lol:
There's no such thing as original CD on GAMA Records - they only did vinyls. Later over the years Gunter Marek licensed all back catalog to some general non-metal labels like aurophon and laserlight which released the cds with minimalistic one-page inserts with zero info :lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:although there's a rerelease (I haven't seen it yet) + a bootleg from few years back, which comes with lyrics, which aren't present in price killers version :)
That's another thing too.

If you compare some of the new re-issues of certian albums to say the SPV Mid-Price Serie releases the damn back inserts don't even have a tracklisting...

It's only on the disc itself.

I wonder what genius was behind that idea?

It is called PRICE KILLERS for a reason - a budget series to be sold at cheap prices at retail stores. It just comes to show that collecting has nothing to do with the quality of the music or packaging - its just a lust of owning a rare piece of plastic few other own.

Ergo many praised collecting "gems" today that fetch crazy prices on eBay, in reality are very mediocre albums no one cared for in their time. :lol:

P.S. this is not a whinning post, dont get me wrong. I LOVE Price Killers and Aurophon and had made some very hefty profit of reselling some :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

For the same reason people are still paying $1000 for Leather Nunn LP, which is available on a CD with 4 GREAT bonus tracks for $15!

As Roman (OmenOfSteel) once said here: CDs for the music - vinyls for the magic! Same's here: reissues for the music, 1st cheap pressings for the magic!

Or at least that's the main reason for which I'm collecting 1st pressings and am willing to pay a lot more for a certain album, early pressings have different smell & taste and I love it :D
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

stormspell wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
There's no such thing as original CD on GAMA Records - they only did vinyls. Later over the years Gunter Marek licensed all back catalog to some general non-metal labels like aurophon and laserlight which released the cds with minimalistic one-page inserts with zero info :lol:
Well it's not the Battle Cry "re-issue", so it's the first (original) version on CD.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:early pressings have different smell & taste and I love it :D
And sound!
The way it was meant to sound!!