NWOBHM CD reissues

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

AxeCrazy wrote:I've got both of them. I think the Bashful Alley CD is quite good, while the Denigh CD is average.
What about Starfighters & Demolition on the same label as the Bashful Alley? Rule Britannia I think it's called?
Worth tracking down???
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Abyss wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
Abyss wrote:I refuse to buy from Miskatonic that guy is an asshole and I refuse to support him.
Haha, it seems you have 'bad taste' in music. If not, you wouldn't dislike him :lol:

He really is a nice guy, you just have to look past his occasional rantings.
Have you talked to him on Hellride music forums? I can honestly say I do not care to own anything from his current catalog and if not wanting 2 releases who haven't even been released yet makes me have "bad taste in music" then so be it.
I think you shouldn't think like this, for the sake of your favourite bands...after all is Metal that counts ABOVE ALL, and not personalities...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
ARC

Post by ARC »

Korgüll wrote:
AxeCrazy wrote:I've got both of them. I think the Bashful Alley CD is quite good, while the Denigh CD is average.
What about Starfighters & Demolition on the same label as the Bashful Alley? Rule Britannia I think it's called?
Worth tracking down???
Haven't heard the Starfighters but Demolition is definitely worth tracking down
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ARC wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
Worth tracking down???
Starfighters is a very AC/DC-like band. The guitarist is a nephew of the brothers Young. Not a must have, just a good band if you'd like to hear a NWOBHM AC/DC.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Abyss wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
Abyss wrote:I refuse to buy from Miskatonic that guy is an asshole and I refuse to support him.
Haha, it seems you have 'bad taste' in music. If not, you wouldn't dislike him :lol:

He really is a nice guy, you just have to look past his occasional rantings.
Have you talked to him on Hellride music forums? I can honestly say I do not care to own anything from his current catalog and if not wanting 2 releases who haven't even been released yet makes me have "bad taste in music" then so be it.
Yes. Great guy. What was the experience that made you dislike him?

He supports a lot of great underground bands and his releases are always works of passion and dedication.
boris

Post by boris »

Anyone knows where one can get these Demolition, Bashful Alley and Starfighters CD's ???
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

BlackStele wrote:
I think you shouldn't think like this, for the sake of your favourite bands...after all is Metal that counts ABOVE ALL, and not personalities...
None of my favorite bands have to do with Miskatonic.
Black Axe wrote:
ARC wrote:
Korgüll wrote: What about Starfighters & Demolition on the same label as the Bashful Alley? Rule Britannia I think it's called?
Worth tracking down???
Starfighters is a very AC/DC-like band. The guitarist is a nephew of the brothers Young. Not a must have, just a good band if you'd like to hear a NWOBHM AC/DC.
Its pretty good but I see no reason why it shouldn't be in metal archives if they have samson and saxon in there this may have have a lot of hard rock elements but Its got enough metal elements to be on par with those to bands as far as I'm concerned.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Abyss wrote:Its pretty good but I see no reason why it shouldn't be in metal archives if they have samson and saxon in there this may have have a lot of hard rock elements but Its got enough metal elements to be on par with those to bands as far as I'm concerned.
Metal Archives includes bands who have releases which are at least 75% metal. None of Starfighters releases is more than 15% metal.

Listen to Saxon's Power & The Glory and Samson's Shock Tactics, way more metal.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Boris wrote:Anyone knows where one can get these Demolition, Bashful Alley and Starfighters CD's ???
Rockadrome has both the Demolition and Bashful Alley CDs.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

I was just over at the Hellride Music forum. Rich posted that he also has a Scarab 2-CD anthology in the works. This is the Scarab that did the Poltergeist single.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Abyss wrote:Have you talked to him on Hellride music forums? I can honestly say I do not care to own anything from his current catalog and if not wanting 2 releases who haven't even been released yet makes me have "bad taste in music" then so be it.
If you do not care to own anything Miskatonic has released your taste in music is indeed SHIT. We are talking about some of the most excellent releases of later years.

Rich is OK for the most part. It's just that when he goes into ranting mode there's no stopping him and he aint likely to listen to reason. But, having seen you in action in the danish mohammed cartoon thread, I can't say I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you deserved everything he said to you.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:But, having seen you in action in the danish mohammed cartoon thread, I can't say I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you deserved everything he said to you.
Do you have a link to that? :lol:

@AxeCrazy: Looking forward to the Scarab too. But it's a 2009 release, so I'll stay focused on the DA set. It's their next release and should still be out this year...
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Anybody heard of a new Witchfinder General CD called "Buried Amongst The Ruins"?

http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/pr ... 4efdfdfbdd
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

talk to that NWN Productions guy he posts here. surprised he hasn't made a topic about it in the cold lake section.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

It came out today. I guess everyone will be getting it very soon.
AxeCrazy wrote:Anybody heard of a new Witchfinder General CD called "Buried Amongst The Ruins"?

http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/pr ... 4efdfdfbdd