The Heavy Metal Mania - The German HR/HM guide

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

The Heavy Metal Mania - The German HR/HM guide

Post by DaN »

It is unleashed! After a mere 5-6 months from the seed being planted as a mere side-comment in a random thread here on the forum, we now feel ready to present one of the largest projects of The Corroseum website thus far. Bar design & hosting, this is 99% the work of forum member Prowler, so practically all creds go to him.

It's obviously a work in progress, and as far as demo-bands go, we're well aware of 100's of missing bands but they will be added in due time. What we need from you is help with fattening band-slots where info is sparse, tips on really obscure bands and last but not least help with exposure. You can all help out a lot by reposting the link through whatever channels are at your disposal. (Contact can be made through the forum contact form and writing in German is ok since I'll pass on such messages to Prowler..)

...and as usual don't miss out on the awesome taster-samplers! (I spent hours on them, dammit..)
Noisenik

Re: The Heavy Metal Mania - The German HR/HM guide

Post by Noisenik »

Holy cr... this is huge indeed. Now I see, why Prowler was absent so much.

Gigantic thanks to both Prowler and DaN! You know how I love all things Corroseum!

Will took me months to sniff through as it pertains it.

+
I love that German flag Corroseum logo design, LOL!
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Glad you like it, Nenad! So... U up for doing a Slovenian version? :wink:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cor! Thank you both!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Interesting feature, will have to check through it in more detail later.

According to my collection these 2 CDs are missing, I don't know much about these bands though:

https://www.discogs.com/Sophistication- ... se/3662745
https://www.discogs.com/Ape-Human-Greed/release/5461177 (Might be considered American, although featuring German members, and seemingly released in Germany)

There's also a band called Aiming High with may or may not have been active in this time period, released Geraldine, The Witch at SOME point in time but probably after 1993. (Reissued in 2014 on Karthago)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:16 pm Glad you like it, Nenad! So... U up for doing a Slovenian version? :wink:
To be honest, I am rather repelled by idea, cos it means a lot of work for relatively meagre results. For example, quite a lot of bands that never recorded anything, even if they were somewhat promising or gigged regularly, or perhaps did some rehearsals, that all went down the drain. + It immediately reminds me of all the vinyl and tapes that ppl archived on city dumps landwide and causes headache. But on the other hand it is true, a few years more and there would be no results. :|
I am ... the One you warned me of
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:51 pm There's also a band called Aiming High with may or may not have been active in this time period, released Geraldine, The Witch at SOME point in time but probably after 1993. (Reissued in 2014 on Karthago)
Aiming High was active in that time frame, and they are on the list, but we started with mainly bands with vinyl, and CD features to get the site started quickly.
Thanx for the other 2 suggestions ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Prowler wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:41 pm Aiming High was active in that time frame, and they are on the list, but we started with mainly bands with vinyl, and CD features to get the site started quickly.
That's fair.
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

HEILIGE SCHEISSE, IST DAS GEIL!!!

Another beyond-awesomness project on The Corroseum. It's nerdy in depth stuff like this that seperates the cool sites/projects/people from the rest. This fu%&ing rules!!!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Great job! Should be a very interesting read (and listen) indeed.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The main goal was to feature all bands with "heavy guitars" so noone has to switch between 5 different sites (for 5 different styles) anymore to search the info he is looking for. More is coming soon and recent articles will be updated too as soon as we find more info. We aren't done with checking all the old Mags yet. So stay tuned ... :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
msp

Post by msp »

Amazing. Looking forward to checking it out
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Blimey, that's quite the labour of love you've unleashed. Huge thanks & much respect for taking on a project of such scope.
I've been vocal here on a couple of occassions about my relative ambivalence to the olde German scene, but i'm more than happy to have my assumptions & prejudices proven wrong by the inevitable new discoveries that this will surely provide me.
Extra kudos too for your positive assessment of the Jackpot album which is overlooked by most, but is one i've long enjoyed.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Looks like tremendous work! Congratulations, can't wait to dig into that!

The only problem I have with these sort of articles is that they tend fatten my Wantlist like crazy!
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I'm sure i will keep coming frequently to this work,
Congratulations for it's quality.
So, this is what kept you busy all this time ? Now, i got you.

herr Prowler, the Feedback with female singer with the 1983 demo was from Werne not much far of Dortmund.
Not the same band as the other that realesed a demo in 1991 and that was based in Hesse not far from Wiesbaden.

you could have asked me this way before.
I brought this to TMag back in May of 2010 and since then i discovered a few more things on the band

Let's do this post a bit more pretty :

Knowledge Is Power