Making the Corro-review-pages more useful..

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Making the Corro-review-pages more useful..

Post by DaN »

Here's a test of a possible new function for the Reviews at the site, hopefully making the archive more useful. The final design might change, but do let me know what you think... I won't have time to finish it before vacation.

http://thecorroseum.org/rev/aaronsrod-i ... s-kill.php (see bottom of page)

Note that the links all lead to pages specific to the release (if available) and not just the main site pages...
Noisenik

Re: Making the Corro-review-pages more useful..

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:02 pm Here's a test of a possible new function for the Reviews at the site, hopefully making the archive more useful. The final design might change, but do let me know what you think... I won't have time to finish it before vacation.

http://thecorroseum.org/rev/aaronsrod-i ... s-kill.php (see bottom of page)

Note that the links all lead to pages specific to the release (if available) and not just the main site pages...
Simply stated, I like that already. Another step for The Corroseum towards becoming a ... perfect site. Perhaps all-embracing is better word. One album * many options * many more albums = almost infinity. All four thumbs up!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Handy indeed. Thanks!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thanx! Yes, the point is that once you're curious about an obscure old HM release, you always end up going to the same old places to look for more info - might as well have all the search-queries linked & ready in one place.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:30 pm Thanx! Yes, the point is that once you're curious about an obscure old HM release, you always end up going to the same old places to look for more info - might as well have all the search-queries linked & ready in one place.
Yup, absolutely agreed, It's a great idea to have all those search options right there.
Why not go the whole hog & add a google, bing or similar search function option too?
I probably wouldn't use it as often as the others, but it might be handy on the odd occasion where none of the tried & trusted options yield results.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Cool function indeed!!! That’ll save me from some thumbs cramps, as I often navigate between the linked sites.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

bigfootkit wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 pm Why not go the whole hog & add a google, bing or similar search function option too?
First I thought Google = boring & obvious, but I got an idea. Check updated page :wink:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:53 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 pm Why not go the whole hog & add a google, bing or similar search function option too?
First I thought Google = boring & obvious, but I got an idea. Check updated page :wink:
Checked. LOL! Perfect.
I am ... the One you warned me of
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Ah fuck, it's great !

Keep it just like that, incl. the Panic Button :lol:
We praise the blood that metal brings
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Panic style!!! ✊
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:53 pm
Perfection!!!
:lol:
An elegant solution indeed. Kudos to you sir.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It is done.

This was a bit more technically challenging than I expected, but I eventually worked it out and I'm quite pleased with the result. Maybe I went a bit overboard w/ the graphical design-details, but those wheels are hard to stop once I've put them in motion. Please visit the archive, play around with it and let me know if you find any bugs..

NOW.

I'm thinking about doing something similar with the labels-pages, i.e. add another column to the tables w/ links like theses. Yay or Nay?
Hans

Post by Hans »

Wow nice feature, cool work. Who needs other sites!, sometimes I check RateYourMusic for reviews, but thats mostly for more common records. oh and nice graphic button.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I think there might be a problem with this feature: https://thecorroseum.org/rev/27north-st ... ns-hot.php
I see the link section twice. And the panic button isn't working?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Warepire wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:53 pm I think there might be a problem with this feature: https://thecorroseum.org/rev/27north-st ... ns-hot.php
I see the link section twice. And the panic button isn't working?
Excellent beta-testing.
27North was an early test-page, so it got an extra banner when I added it to all the pages at once, and apparently Google search-urls don't like special characters - the ' in "Iron's" for instance...
Both fixed.