The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FWOEHM Singles

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FWOEHM Singles

Post by DaN »

Hi again. Here's something I've been working with on and off (mostly off) for the last couple of years:

I'm quite pleased with the result, only wish it would have finished sooner. Let me know what you think! I'm in dire need of some feedback, especially in these areas:

The song translations. Any native speakers are more than welcome to suggest improvements.
Do you think something is missing? Know of any crazy obscure stuff I've missed out on? Please do share.
Any facts I've got mixed up or glaring errors in general, feel free to point them out.

Happy reading + check out the sampler at the bottom of the page, it's awesome.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Thanks !!! And wellcome back :D
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Welcome back on your own forum LOL!

honestly I didn't see you coming anytime soon.

Will check out everything. 8)
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Ah, it dawned on me now why you asked for Epidemic Zone 7'. You actually obtained it? Shame you didn't include it in the sampler. I haven't heard it for 24 yrs.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Hooray, it's him! Hello, him.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Holy crap... DaN is alive!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yep, still breathing + hoping to stay around for a while :)
Noisenik wrote:Ah, it dawned on me now why you asked for Epidemic Zone 7'. You actually obtained it? Shame you didn't include it in the sampler. I haven't heard it for 24 yrs.
Yes, I finally found it - actually I have 2 copies now, so one's up for trade. I originally planned to feature a track from it on the sampler, but then I heard that last POP MASINA single and had to rearrange my priorities..

Funny thing, I only recieved the DRUGI PROGRAM 7" yesterday and it turned out to be one of the most interesting ExYugo singles - funny it's never been mentioned here before. Must be quite rare, eh?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Hi Dan!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Wow ! Congrats for this impressive and massive work !!! I'll read the whole this week end !

PS : Glad to see you back !'
GJ

Post by GJ »

Nice work! And a very suitable distraction while all the other lads and lasses are having a ball at KIT. Cheers!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN, you have pm.
Yes, I finally found it - actually I have 2 copies now, so one's up for trade. I originally planned to feature a track from it on the sampler, but then I heard that last POP MASINA single and had to rearrange my priorities..

Funny thing, I only recieved the DRUGI PROGRAM 7" yesterday and it turned out to be one of the most interesting ExYugo singles - funny it's never been mentioned here before. Must be quite rare, eh?
regarding their rarity: this items are completely forgotten. Ppl actually never really cared, vinyl was always only consumer material, when they ceased fit to the fashion, they weren't aware that these might retain its historical value, for example many of otherwise not so many EZ 7' ended on the closest dumps. Oh' causes pain already. :evil:

oh, and EZ pics cannot be enlarged.
Last edited by Noisenik on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cheers to Nenad for the Yugo-translation help. Did some corrections incl. the EpZone pics.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote:Cheers for the tip! I thought I was rather thorough when digging in the ExYugo 70's but that one passed me by. I agree with "Duh" being a great tune and this one goes on my want list, but at the moment it's probably too much 'hard prog' to qualify for the page. I've discovered lots of great '75-'80 hard rock 7"s from there that definitely needs to be brought up here in some form. I'll start a thread about it soon...
Glad you enjoyed Nirvana's 'Duh' DaN, it's not very often that i get the chance to introduce you to something!
Are there any forum users from the former Yugoslavia who might be able to impart the gist of the lyrical themes of 'Duh'?
The 70's Eastern Hard Rock 7"s thread sounds like a really interesting idea.
Over the last few years i've been digging deeper into global HR/HM/Proto 45s from the 70s, and many of the most interesting & surprisingly heavy records i've come across have been from Eastern European countries.
The likes of Grupa SOS (check out their Tražim/Magnovenje 7"!), Yu Grupa & Time all made some fine records during that era, and i look forward to getting schooled some more in that era/area.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Great work :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Great! I like a lot these stuff. Thanx DaN.

Nirvana 7" is excellent!!