80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Noisenik

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post by Noisenik »

Timpan no.1 is quite "amazing" mixture. "Venum" interview was torn out, while Eurythmics, Clash and Crammed discs are all there :shock: . Was there sth done under 'parental guidance' or "Venum" fan persuaded Clash fan that zine won't look destroyed with one page missing :P . Seems like "high school effort". And it would be nice to have "Venum" and Aksak Maboul featured in the same document.
I am ... the One you warned me of
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Not sure if you Dan care or not about it - but just a small info :

There's a guy posting direct Corroseum links of several fanzines on a group in Facebook.
Knowledge Is Power
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

rumblefist wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 pm Not sure if you Dan care or not about it - but just a small info :

There's a guy posting direct Corroseum links of several fanzines on a group in Facebook.
You mean direct links to pdf-downloads? Or to the thumbnail galleries/index-pages?
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I've seen both ways. On the beginning was just the pdf links - after 2 or 3 weeks, he mentioned Corroseum site also.
Normally he puts the Zine front cover saying it's a killing zine and on the bottom of the cover he puts the link.
After we click on his link we arrive here to the Corroseum link.
Knowledge Is Power
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

rumble's Deathscythe scan just got added to the Fanzine Archive, plus another bunch of Belgians --->see news.
humus

Post by humus »

Some page(s?) missing in Hardcore #1? Image 13 starts with the ending on a Poison feature but I can't see the beginning. Also the X-creta feature seems to be missing. One of those guys (Kurt) still frequents underground gigs by the way.

Any more Mayhem massacre's, or it's predecessor (Satan zine)? Or Deathsquadron zine? That collection of mags you got gives me a serious boner, so much great stuff that I was never able to find!
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Mighty share of these scans and now so much to look for on the more obscure bands (like line-ups or unknown demos).

Prior to these. i've olnly read the Hard 'n' Heavy #4. All the others - never.

Hope you can keep on the following months all this scanning mission of your collection...

By the way - didn't you buy most of these belgian and german zines to a brasilian fellow some years back ?
I once knew a guy who had all these (and plenty more others) and exclusive (promo) photos signed and sent by the bands (he even requested me, my old Tarantula pics scanned for him) and lots of other rare memorabilia - some years back. He was brasilian and he was selling - but the whole collection.

Tarantula in 10-6-1987 in the house of a friend of mine just before their show here in Lisbon to promote the release of their 1st LP (which was included on "the lost recordings for a unreleased live double LP" with other portuguese metal bands).

Knowledge Is Power
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@h:
Crap. Didn't notice the missing page. I checked the original and it isn't there either. At least I'll update the site about it asap..
Got none of those you asked for but plenty of other Belgian and Dutch ones still to scan.

@r: This zine haul comes from a well known German old-timer, but I forgot to ask if it was OK to mention the source so I'll have to get back to that later... With a little luck I might have another huge batch after this year's KIT.
Btw, got more scans/pdf's to share? The site is seriously lacking in classic US material.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

DaN wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 pm
@r: This zine haul comes from a well known German old-timer, but I forgot to ask if it was OK to mention the source so I'll have to get back to that later... With a little luck I might have another huge batch after this year's KIT.
Btw, got more scans/pdf's to share? The site is seriously lacking in classic US material.
US Metal (until 1986) and NWOBHM zines are also the ones i most wish.
I just uploadeded 1 more (but not classic metal)...
Knowledge Is Power
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 pm @h:
Crap. Didn't notice the missing page. I checked the original and it isn't there either. At least I'll update the site about it asap..
Got none of those you asked for but plenty of other Belgian and Dutch ones still to scan.

I'll check if I can hook you up with the missing page(s). One of my friends has the magazine for sure but he's not really up to date with technology so I'm not sure if he can scan it. Otherwise I'll ask the guy that made the mag, don't know him but he's 'friend of a friend'.

I would be very surprised if such a selection of magazines would come from someone in Brazil. Some of these mags had good distribution (Orkaan etc) but some are so local and so small scale, I can't imagine someone in South-America being able to (or wanting to, if they're written in Dutch) get their hands on them.
He's an actual German or someone who moved to Germany later on? I can read German without knowing the language, so a German can read Dutch. But I will not understand the details or nuances, just the general message.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

I known that brasilian guy, i think is name is Marcelo, and he is a pilot, 50s year old.
This Brazilian guy had a lot of European zines, especially Germans, because he had them come at the time. He said that it cost a lot of money to send them. And I believe. But this guy had financial holdings at the time, which almost nobody had in Brazil.
It was even the guy I saw with more promo material from Siren (US) fan club which he was a member. Also he had many original demo tapes as far as I can remember. He ended up selling everything, said that he did not care about Metal anymore. This was like 4 or 5 years ago. Who ended up with almost everything was a Brazilian guy named Kleber.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Yep - Hugo Cyrcka almost bought it. It was hundreds of US, German, Belgian, British and Scandinavian zines
not to forget the whole Rock Brigade collection.

After he sold the whole lot - he vanished.

lucky Kleber then because now he has a killer zine collection lots of exclusive promo pics and memorabilia and loads of original demo-tapes.
Knowledge Is Power
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Maybe you guys are already familiar with this site, but I found it recently. It has a small but interesting zine collection (and a bunch of old demos/singles/EP's to check out as well).
https://www.irishmetalarchive.com/zines/
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cochino wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 am Maybe you guys are already familiar with this site, but I found it recently. It has a small but interesting zine collection (and a bunch of old demos/singles/EP's to check out as well).
https://www.irishmetalarchive.com/zines/
Thanx a lot for the tip! Gave me an idea...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

DaN wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:41 am Thanx a lot for the tip! Gave me an idea...
Glad to contribute in any way. Looking forward to see what that idea is 8)