The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

by the way, 1.Rock-Fabrik Festival-84' LP 1984 is not live at all , it's just studio tracks with live noises and (english?) announcements added. What a ripoff...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Thanks for all the positive comments.
The Knell wrote:What about tape only compilations? like Polmark's Metal Attack 88 & Polish Heavy Metal '87. All classic polish metal in interesting live versions.
To be honest, Dan and I both focus on vinyl so it's not really our specialty. That's not to say they shouldn't be included on the site. I did a couple (Tampa Bay's Metal Mercenaries and Metal Meltdown 4) and there are certainly plenty more interesting tape only comps like the ones you mentioned, and I know of a few from South America too.
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
DaN wrote:Roadrunner is a Dutch label, isn't it? The country-field states the origin of the pressing.
You're judging just by the origin of the label? Like it says in the info bar it's presented by Rock Hard, which is a German magazine and the bands are all German (as far as I know). Isn't that more important than the origin of the label releasing it? It wasn't just released in Holland either, it was a international pressing.
Well, it is how records are mostly listed - the country specifies where the label is situated, i.e. where it was made and/or distributed from. For the most part the bands are from the same country but there are of course exceptions. If so, these details should be in the info-fields. (Teutonic Invasion 2 has some Dutch bands on it for instance...)

It IS a tricky subject though. Many Metal Blade releases where manufactured in Canada, Music For Nations and some other UK labels had theirs done in France, many of the current vinyl labels all over the world are printing their releases in the Czech Republic... Perhaps an issue for a different thread?
I wonder if we shouldn't just remove that field to avoid confusion. If the country of origin is uncertain from the label, title or the bands, we can just use the Info field.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Why don't you guys just do it like musik sammler does and for country put where it was manufactured. If unknown, put a question mark or blank and if there are multiple different pressings from different countries put all of the known ones.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:by the way, 1.Rock-Fabrik Festival-84' LP 1984 is not live at all , it's just studio tracks with live noises and (english?) announcements added. What a ripoff...
News to me, but not very surprising I guess. Source? Or are they just the regular LP versions + noise?

About tapes: I have one of those Polish ones on mp3 + a few others from all over the world so I'm sure they'll be added eventually.

About pressings/countries:
I think this current method is the simplest (or "least complicated") - country = home of the label. Putting "Canada" or "?" next to the Metal Massacre comps would just feel ...wrong. On the few comps that exist in multiple pressings I've added the specs of both versions.

Most people should know Roadrunner were from Holland, that "Teutonic Invasion" were mostly German bands etc.. In the long run I think this method will cause less confusion than the alternative.
GJ

Post by GJ »

The Knell wrote:by the way, 1.Rock-Fabrik Festival-84' LP 1984 is not live at all , it's just studio tracks with live noises and (english?) announcements added. What a ripoff...
Yup! I remember back when I got this (ten years ago?) I was so excited finally getting to hear some live stuff from Tyran Pace and ended up being so disappointed. Major ripoff, indeed. And I am not gonna tell you what I paid for it. :oops: Enough to justify going back and gently kick the seller's balls a few inches skywards - probably.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

The unlisted instrumental track on Speed Metal Hell III is Regurgitation's "Laryngitis". It's the Organic Backwash demo version.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:The unlisted instrumental track on Speed Metal Hell III is Regurgitation's "Laryngitis". It's the Organic Backwash demo version.
Fanks! Will update asap...
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Ok i read tons of reviews,thanks a million,you guys took 30 things off my wantlist (and added like 50!! spikes and fists and german kaiser helmets and skulls)
you couldnt go wrong with adding some more like these:
first 2 esquadron metalico and metalmania- mexico
just say no-france
heavy touch-holland
first chicago metalworks (that one must be the only comp lp ever thats done live a live radio show)
massachussets metal
Greece attacks
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MassOfKthulu wrote:you couldnt go wrong with adding some more like these:
just say no-france
heavy touch-holland
first chicago metalworks (that one must be the only comp lp ever thats done live a live radio show)
massachussets metal
Greece attacks
Massachussets Metal is being worked upon.

These I have on mp3 but need cover photos of:

first chicago metalworks
Greece attacks

These I don't have in any shape or form - you know what to do! :)

just say no-france
heavy touch-holland
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

ok i will get to it!
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

TYRANT - The Battle Of Armageddon
Would be an awesome epic speed metal song if they hadn't stolen the bass riff from JUDAS PRIEST's Here Come The Tears. Then again, maybe it would've sucked if they didn't. Different to LP version.
WHOEVER WROTE THAT MUST BE EXECUTED IMMEDIATELY

Just kidding :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Keir

Post by Keir »

:lol: C'mon, you have to admit that was a bit of shameless thievery. I do like Tyrant though.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nice to see my scans came to good use!
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:Massachussets Metal is being worked upon.
I’ve actually put off finishing this one until I can get the WCOZ Boston’s Best LP and confirm that it is the same THRUST on both comps.