The Olde Metal Labels Index 3.0!

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
User avatar
tbieri
Posts: 614

Post#121 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:56 pm

If you need a better one, let me know !
I've found a bigger logo in Black/White on the insert of the "Born to Metalize" Sampler.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6581
Contact:

Post#122 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:19 pm

tbieri wrote:If you need a better one, let me know !
I've found a bigger logo in Black/White on the insert of the "Born to Metalize" Sampler.
D'oh! I actually have that one. Forgot about it. Thanx anyway - might use your scan anyway to save time.
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
tbieri
Posts: 614

Post#123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:53 pm

FLAMETRADER RECORDS

ALLIED FORCES has number 1012 on the cover, but 1011 on the Label !
1011 is also on the SIREN-LP !
1012 is also on the SAVAGE GRACE - Ride Into the Night Picture-EP !

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#124 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Okay, I've taken it upon myself to finally get my lazy ass to dig through my collection and verify all the Serial Numbers/years for the following releases which I personally have on CD myself.

All Of The following match the LP versions:

Atom H:

Accusser - Who Dominates Who?
STS 8 Mission - The Mystery Of Time
Accusser - Double Talk

Aaarrg:

Last Descendants - One Nation Under God
Target - Masterproject: Genesis
Siren - Financial Suicide
Lunatics Without Skateboards - Welcome To The Asylum

Black Dragon:

Savage Grace - Master Of Disguise
Exxplorer - Symphonies Of Steel
Liege Lord - Freedom's Rise
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Savage Grace - After The Fall From Grace
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Lars Eric Mattson - Eternity
Druid - Vampire Cult
Lars Eric Mattson - No Surrender
Dofka - Toxic Wasteland

Disaster:

Exumer - Rising From The Sea
Angel Dust - To Dust You Will Decay
Mandator - Initial Velocity

Megaton:

Sacred Rite - The Ritual
Exises - S/T

Mercenary:

Sacred Oath - A Crystal Vision

New Renaissance:

Gargoyle - s/t

Shrapnel:

Racer X - Street Lethal
Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony
Racer X - Second Heat
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn
Apocrypha - The Eyes Of Time
Cacophony - Go Off!

Missed on Shrapnel list = SH-1047 Apocrypha - Area 54 CD 1990

No Remorse:

Blind Guardian - Battalions Of Fear
Grinder - Dawn For The Living
Heaven's Gate - In Control
Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind
Grinder - Dead End
Lawdy - Outlaw Invasion
Pyracanda - Two Sides Of A Coin
Grinder - The First EP
Heaven's Gate - Open The Gate And Watch
Wardance - Heaven Is For Sale
Centaur - Mob Rules The World

US Metal:

Jack Starr - Blaze Of Glory
Phantom - Dead Or Alive
Cruella - Vengeance Is Mine
Destiny - Atomic Winter
Titan Force - S/T
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6581
Contact:

Post#125 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:29 am

Forgot to say Cheers for the info--> Cheers!
Avenger wrote: Black Dragon:

Savage Grace - Master Of Disguise
Exxplorer - Symphonies Of Steel
Liege Lord - Freedom's Rise
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Savage Grace - After The Fall From Grace
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Lars Eric Mattson - Eternity
Druid - Vampire Cult
Lars Eric Mattson - No Surrender
Dofka - Toxic Wasteland
A Q about Black Dragon: does it say on the sleeves which years the CD editions were released? It seems a bit too good to be true that those early ones were available on CD from the start.

...and do I put 'Avenger' in the credits line, or..?
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#126 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:48 am

DaN wrote:Forgot to say Cheers for the info--> Cheers!
Avenger wrote: Black Dragon:

Savage Grace - Master Of Disguise
Exxplorer - Symphonies Of Steel
Liege Lord - Freedom's Rise
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Savage Grace - After The Fall From Grace
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Lars Eric Mattson - Eternity
Druid - Vampire Cult
Lars Eric Mattson - No Surrender
Dofka - Toxic Wasteland
A Q about Black Dragon: does it say on the sleeves which years the CD editions were released? It seems a bit too good to be true that those early ones were available on CD from the start.

...and do I put 'Avenger' in the credits line, or..?
Yeah, the sleeves only give the original release dates.

Although, I have been hearing conflicting opinions on when these were really released.

It's hard to say, as Black Dragon was an active Label well into the Mid 90's.

I think it's probably better to just stay on the safe side for now and leave them as is until some more information is dug up.

If you want to leave me any credit, "Avenger" is fine.

Take care man.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Noisenik
Posts: 2382

Post#127 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:52 am

As far as I can tell, most of early BD catalogue make it onto CD's in years 1993-94, perhaps only in 1994. I remember that Exxplorer, Candlemass, Heir Apparent and Savage Grace were around at that time.
I am ... the One you warned me of

User avatar
DMR
Posts: 613
Contact:

Post#128 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:04 pm

I just got the new issue of Snakepit and there's a feature on Rave-On Records. RMLP004 was supposed to be an English version of the Sortilege EP, but it was never released. RLP009 was Black Widow - Streetfighter.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6581
Contact:

Post#129 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Cheers. Updated.

Has Snakepit done any other label-features in the past that might useful? I'm not a subscriber.

Noisenik wrote:As far as I can tell, most of early BD catalogue make it onto CD's in years 1993-94, perhaps only in 1994. I remember that Exxplorer, Candlemass, Heir Apparent and Savage Grace were around at that time.
I think I've read something similar somewhere. Anyone else care to confirm?
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Noisenik
Posts: 2382

Post#130 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Acc. to old EMP and Hellion catalogues Candlemass - Epicus, Heir A. - Graceful and Exxplorer - Symphonies were rereleased in late spring of '94. And pretty expensive at that. Hegewald sold them for 35DeM, EMP for 29.90. Man, I'm dizzy everytime I hold these catalogues in my hands.
I am ... the One you warned me of

User avatar
DMR
Posts: 613
Contact:

Post#131 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:27 pm

DaN wrote:Cheers. Updated.

Has Snakepit done any other label-features in the past that might useful? I'm not a subscriber.
I'll look through my back issues this weekend and see what I can dig up.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#132 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 am

Shah - Beware was also released on CD by Atom-H in 1989 with the same catelog number.

I have a copy on it's way to me right now.

Also, At War - Retalitory Strike was released on CD with the same year/cat number.

I just checked my copy.


I will provide updates regarding more CD versions as I notice/have time.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6581
Contact:

Post#133 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:04 pm

Just uploaded discogs of Music For Nations and Iron Works. The latter has plenty of holes, so I could sure use some help with that one. Rob and Roman's time to shine again?
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Keir
Posts: 1214
Contact:

Post#134 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

I will have a look in my collection this weekend to see where I can help. I know I have some not listed, but it's so hard to remember which are Iron Works as opposed to Azra, World Metal, etc.

User avatar
Nightlock
Posts: 1309

Post#135 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Don't know if this is relevant but the test pressing on clear vinyl for Ample Destruction was originally pressed under the title "License to Kill" missing the track "The Watching" I own this and could possibly get a scan if need be. "IW-1001-A"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest