Messiah test pressing 1985 - Unreleased version of Final warning?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Priamos

Re: Messiah test pressing 1985 - Unreleased version of Final warning?

Post by Priamos »

Prowler wrote: Not sure on which drug(s) you actually are :lol:, but doesn't matters
They are good, aren't they? :lol:

You didn't answer my question, though. Why someone who didn't bother to release a boot of the original version so far, would prefer to do so for an alternate version?

Anyway, I think you might discourage Dirty Rocker with your statements, from uploading the stuff and many will hate you for this! :twisted: So maybe you should agree with me after all and let things flow... :wink: :mrgreen:
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The funny fact of it all is that I haven't even said anything about uploading it anywhere. :lol:
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Dirty Rocker wrote:The funny fact of it all is that I haven't even said anything about uploading it anywhere. :lol:
:x Shit!!! Turn off the pressing machines immediately!!!! Final Warning/version2 bootleg is postponed!!! Now, we either wait for a version 3 to appear or we have to do the new Metallica instead!!!
:lol: :lol:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I might have a version 3 and maybe even a version 4 since I have two acetates of the final warning lp as well that I haven't had the time to listen to yet, hahaha!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Send them all over to me. I'll press them all as Messiah vinyl box!!! :twisted:
That'll bring enough money to get a Ferrari for both of us! Think about it! haha
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote: You didn't answer my question, though. Why someone who didn't bother to release a boot of the original version so far, would prefer to do so for an alternate version?
I wasn't sure wether you are inverting the inverted opinion that you wanna say or if it was just an inverted opinion of an inverted opnion that was already inverted. :D

I think that boot would sell quite well though ... just like the new Metallica album! Hopefully all of their new songs will sound like the advance track on youtube.
Priamos wrote: Anyway, I think you might discourage Dirty Rocker with your statements, from uploading the stuff and many will hate you for this! :twisted:
Haha ... that's a good one ... as if they would like me right now! haha ...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Prowler wrote:Send them all over to me. I'll press them all as Messiah vinyl box!!! :twisted:
That'll bring enough money to get a Ferrari for both of us! Think about it! haha

Oh damn!!!! The first one already comes at your place with your personal chauffeur!!! :lol: :P
Prowler wrote: I wasn't sure wether you are inverting the inverted opinion that you wanna say or if it was just an inverted opinion of an inverted opnion that was already inverted. :D
Shit!! You found the shit I was under, and you are taking it excessively!! :lol:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote:
Shit!! You found the shit I was under, and you are taking it excessively!! :lol:
Yep, really good shit! Those colors are incredible ... :twisted:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler your tangents become increasingly more ridiculous as time goes on :lol:

I can't tell if you're serious or joking.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

They made some of the tracks that landed on "Final Warning" already in the late 70's, and these are included as bonus tracks to the "Going Insane" CD.
The very "Going Insane" EP contained two tracks from the LP that were rerecorded and those came off much, much different.
And now we have this ultimate treasure trove of metallic archaeology which reportedly sounds yet different.
Looks like the band had very hard times trying to decide which versions are best or were just unsatisfied with the very last versions.
Not necessarily a bad thing- after all you can choose which ones suit you most.
Sometimes I feel that some songs would be just awesome had they been just slightly polished or rearranged. A few Satan's Host tracks come to my mind first, but there is definitely many more.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Herkus Monte wrote:Satan's Host polished
No.
Herkus Monte wrote:Satan's Host rearranged
And no.

It's one of those albums that you either take it as it is or you leave it. A different - more "listenable" - recording wouldn't have had the same impact on me. And I didn't have to hear the damn thing a dozen times to understand what was happening. The RAW power it has was felt from the very beginning. And I think the same happened to all those who worship this album.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Damn I love this place :D Btw Prowler, have you done boots before or am I reading wrong?
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Did you rip it yet?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

whiteravenmetal wrote:Damn I love this place :D Btw Prowler, have you done boots before or am I reading wrong?
I don't press bootlegs ... I'm have been in several bands myself and know what damage for the bands wallet bootlegs do cause! :!:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Prowler wrote:
whiteravenmetal wrote:Damn I love this place :D Btw Prowler, have you done boots before or am I reading wrong?
I don't press bootlegs ... I'm have been in several bands myself and know what damage for the bands wallet bootlegs do cause! :!:
:?:

which bands? Are they in MA?
I am ... the One you warned me of