Question about Paradoxx - Plan of Attak

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
johnnysteel

Question about Paradoxx - Plan of Attak

Post by johnnysteel »

Has anyone here ever seen or heard of a version of the Plan of Attak EP with no white border on the back? I had a chance to get a copy recently, but the back cover has me a little concerned.

Here is the regular back cover:
rps20160224_152334.jpg
rps20160224_152334.jpg (62.34 KiB) Viewed 11090 times
And here is the copy in question:
rps20160224_151055.jpg
rps20160224_151055.jpg (84.86 KiB) Viewed 11090 times
You can also see on the second copy the handle of the sword at the top of the cover is cut off.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Avenger

Re: Question about Paradoxx - Plan of Attak

Post by Avenger »

I smell a bootleg. I doubt such a tiny label released two different versions of this.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Avenger wrote:I smell a bootleg. I doubt such a tiny label released two different versions of this.
I'm afraid, I thought so too...However, the only way to be sure is to wait for another similar sealed copy to appear soon. "Lonely" bootlegs are not a usual phenomenon.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

That second one has counterfeit written all over it.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but of course that's what had to assume. The guy who owns it claims he got it about 5 years ago, through eBay. Apparently he worked out a deal with the seller and the auction was ended early. If that's true I'm just surprised that no one has seen another copy yet.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

That is strange another one like it has not turned up, leading me to believe it might be something made very recent. Don't usually see boots in shrink but i guess all it takes is a shrinkwrap machine.... Have you sent photos to other Paradoxx owners? I haven't held a copy in my hands for over 20 years so I'm not help with comparing to a real one.

You should show photos of the label. The key is always the matrix code and also how the matrix is imprinted in the dead wax, that is very difficult to replicate if they managed to pull off the rest.
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

I've contacted at least 5 other collectors with confirmed originals and all had the white border. So far I haven't found anyone who has seen one like this without the border.

I'm waiting to hear back from the guy about the matrix info, will keep everybody updated of course.

I have a picture of the label, and I was able to get one from the discogs page for the EP (I can't guarantee this photo from discogs is legitimate) but in a side by side comparison there are definitely some differences.

On the left is the label from the discogs page, on the right is the copy in question. A couple differences I see right away are:

A. The fin in the Silver Fin logo is black on one copy (discogs) while the other one (mystery copy) is white.

B. If you look at the circle around the center hole, the second X in the first copy barely touches the circle, while the second X on the other copy is almost entirely inside that circle. Same thing with the word "Plan" ...
_20160217_143338.JPG
_20160217_143338.JPG (62.24 KiB) Viewed 10980 times
The difference in the color of the labels (red vs. pink) doesn't concern me as much because that could just be from the lighting when the two pictures were taken.

If anyone has a copy and would be kind enough to upload a photo of their labels, back cover front cover, matrix info, etc. that would be much appreciated.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Mint copies have shown up on Discogs lately...
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Whoah, someone wants 5000euro for theirs on discogs. If there is pirate copies around they just have to sell one at that price to justify the cost of the entire pressing.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I also noticed the copy on discogs and threw away a message to the seller some days ago asking if he had pictures of the back sleeve and labels. No reply yet.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ok, in other words we need a victim who can afford to buy such a copy only to check out if it's a bootleg indeed?
C'mon DirtyRocker ... don't be shy. It's for a good cause ... :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote:Ok, in other words we need a victim who can afford to buy such a copy only to check out if it's a bootleg indeed?
C'mon DirtyRocker ... don't be shy. It's for a good cause ... :lol:
:lol:

Come to think of it... technically this possible counterfeit could be even more rare than the original. Yep, sounds like a must-buy for Putte..
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Correct me if I'm wrong, they only got 1 box with records, didn't like it and never got the rest of the edition. What if they or the pressing plant (for the reason that something with the first edition was wrong) ordered/manufactured a second edition with all corrections done on it?
Of corpse I think it's a bootleg too (just alone the fact that the seller didn't answer for the matrix codes speaks for itself, I'd creep deep into someone's butt if I smell the stench of 5000 Euros :wink: ) but it could be a plausible story too.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Prowler wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, they only got 1 box with records, didn't like it and never got the rest of the edition. What if they or the pressing plant (for the reason that something with the first edition was wrong) ordered/manufactured a second edition with all corrections done on it?

That's exactly why I started this thread. I had a chance to get that copy (no white border) in a trade... I was secretly hoping to discover that it was some ultra limited unknown legitimate version. Obviously I didn't go through with the trade though. All signs point to bootleg.

I messaged that guy on discogs too and haven't heard back yet. Also very suspicious to me. If I was selling a legitimate copy for $5K I'd be responding to those messages damn quick.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just got a reply from the discogs seller. The one he has for sale is the version with the white border on the back sleeve.