Unconfirmed/Never seen Thor (CAN) releases

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
O_Thunder

Unconfirmed/Never seen Thor (CAN) releases

Post by O_Thunder »

This thread is meant to dig up any information whatsoever on the following releases:

These releases are listed on the discography on thorcentral.com, except one which is mentioned in the booklet of the CD release of Unchained on Deadline music. I've collected Thor since sometime between 2001-2003 and no new information has popped up in this time. I'm not even sure all of these releases actually exist. So if anyone knows ANYTHING at all, please write.

Thor & the Imps - Muscle Rock EP
Year: 1976
God of Thunder records (Stated as an independent label, but I would guess it is actually a private pressing)
Information: Frank Soda from Frank Soda & the Imps played on this release, Thor got a record deal and split up with Soda naming the band Thor releasing Keep the dogs away on RCA. Soda went on to form the Imps.

Thor - Gladiator EP
Year: Autumn 1979
Label: Americana
Information: Listed on thorcentral.com

Thor - Striking Viking EP
Year: Spring 1980
Label: Lightning Records
Information: Listed on thorcentral.com, one of the songs is Ragnarock.

Thor - Lightning Strikes Again EP
Year: 1982
Label: Thunder production
Information: OK, here we actually have the songs released as bonus tracks on the Unchained CD release on Deadline music, in the booklet there is even a picture which is supposed to be the cover artwork. Clearly a private pressing if actually existing. The information though is quite specific, stating an EP was pressed in 300 copies along with 100 cassette copies. Sold at gigs when the band was touring Canada and the North US. These recordings where used to land a record deal with Mongol Horde and in 1983 Unchained was released.

Anyone? Gladiator and Striking Viking are really big question marks here. And I think one or two here on the forum have wondered about these a few times. I've been asked about them numerous times over the years because of my Thor collecting.