UNKNOWN SWEDISH METAL! SOUNDS LIKE EARLY GOTHAM CITY!

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Dirty Rocker

UNKNOWN SWEDISH METAL! SOUNDS LIKE EARLY GOTHAM CITY!

Post by Dirty Rocker »

http://www.divshare.com/download/25127808-14a

After searching every little corner of every shop, searching for it over the whole internet since about 4 years back, I finally found it. FINALLY!

Double Deuce - Soldiers in the Sun 12''.

This is some killer stuff, and I'm still amazed how something completely unknown and coming from 1992 (!!!!) can sound this good!! This sounds dead on like early Gotham City! So for the Gotham City, and Swedish metal fans, you should check this up.

And if it wasn't for DaN, I would probably never have heard anything about this MLP, since he was the one finding a copy of it and showed it to me 4-5 years ago.

Hope you enjoy it, and would love to hear what you Think about it.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I've seen this MLP this on FB where you originally posted photo and to tell the truth I was very sceptical because band photo on front cover it's not the best representative side of the band , but after hearing song I just can say WOW !!! This is Unbelievable !!! Fckn GREAT. Creme De La Creme of Obscure Swedish Steel.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

lunaboy wrote:but after hearing song I just can say WOW !!! This is Unbelievable !!!
+1

This is some hot stuff indeed! Thanks for sharing this stunning song. :D
So DaN's and your copy are the only ones to be known?
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Lunaboy: I know, the cover doesen't represent the Music what so ever, even if I like the obscurity it shines through with, haha. The Picture sleeve was misprinted so the result is that there is only a handful of copies with Picture sleeve apparently.

Dokken_uwe: Music is made for hearing and sharing. :) Glad you liked it! Yes, the only 2 copies I have Heard about is mine and Dans, even though Dan traded his copy away last year or 2 years ago for very valueable US METAL. I Think Legend - From the Fjords LP original was one of the records.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I just can't understand how a MLP this good can still be completely unknown. It makes me wonder what else there is out there and the hunt for new items like this will NEVER stop!!
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I just can't understand how a MLP this good can still be completely unknown. It makes me wonder what else there is out there and the hunt for new items like this will NEVER stop!!
Indeed! I can understand that one can find many unknown stuff in big countries like the USA or Germany, where many bands distributed their stuff locally. Still it seems unbelievable that a band from (I believe) Eksjö is not discovered before...I mean, I guess they had to promote that LP wider to get rid of all copies and still nobody knew about them.

Musically, it is indeed very good, the vocals are just not my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing this rarity!!

I found this article: http://eme.erocnet.com/eme/wp-content/u ... 920717.jpg
Is it written that they have made 500 copies?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Nightcrawler wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:I just can't understand how a MLP this good can still be completely unknown. It makes me wonder what else there is out there and the hunt for new items like this will NEVER stop!!
Indeed! I can understand that one can find many unknown stuff in big countries like the USA or Germany, where many bands distributed their stuff locally. Still it seems unbelievable that a band from (I believe) Eksjö is not discovered before...I mean, I guess they had to promote that LP wider to get rid of all copies and still nobody knew about them.

Musically, it is indeed very good, the vocals are just not my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing this rarity!!

I found this article: http://eme.erocnet.com/eme/wp-content/u ... 920717.jpg
Is it written that they have made 500 copies?
Yeah, kinda took the Words out of my mouth. :)
It says that 10 copies were sent abroad, outside of Sweden which means maybe some wanted more copies or something. It says it was pressed in 500 copies, I'm not sure if part of them were destroyed or not. All I know is that the Picture sleeve got misprinted and thrown away except for a few copies. My copy probably comes from a radio station, with dates written in small letters in the bottom of the front cover. Also signed by 2 members on the side. No band member has any copies left either.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yes the band pic isn't of avantage but take a closer look at the guitars. No Dieter Bohlen fan would play such a guitar ... :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

Prowler wrote:Yes the band pic isn't of avantage but take a closer look at the guitars. No Dieter Bohlen fan would play such a guitar ... :wink:
Don't be so sure, Bohlen played a Hamer Scarab at one point in the 80s ;)
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

did you find this in a shop?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

it does have a GC feeling, lovely guitarwork and the "plain" voice gives that extra magic touch, thanx for sharing!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Nightcrawler: No, got it from a private person.
Mex: Glad you liked it. :-) I thought it was right up your alley.. :)
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Thanks for sharing Patrick

I think it is a very good track too... nice guitar work !
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks for sharing.

Still need to check :o
Long Live The Loud !!!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thanks for sharing that - really good stuff. Loved it actually.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.