Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

perishinflames wrote:
nightsblood wrote: I've never heard WoS.

I ripped and uploaded it to Poisonoise as soon as I got it. If the link is dead here's another

http://www.mediafire.com/?59pamlm5e8d7cb9
Cool, thanks! Hope all is going well these days. BTW my dad's been real happy with the stereo equip you helped us pick out.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Surprise! The warped Hammer Witch is back!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMMER-WITCH-Re ... 3cdda83035
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Did he cheat on this??? Is he mad? He should be happy that someone had placed at least a 20 $ bid ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMMER-WITCH-Re ... 6016.l4276

Look like something you've seen before?
"I am NOT a collector"
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I remember correctly the only ebay copy sold for 250 - 260, but this its insane!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The first copy John sold went for over $500, perhaps even $600. Can't remember.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Yes you are right, $521 to be exactly.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Why are you that afraid? Didn't you want to sell parts of your house? You'll win that EP for sure!! :wink:

Btw. his auctions are always "funny". Last time he was able to sell a Requiem (UK) "Angel of sin" 7" for about 30 $ while the same time there was a new unplayed copy up for 10 GBP with buy-now option. :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Prowler wrote:Why are you that afraid? Didn't you want to sell parts of your house? You'll win that EP for sure!! :wink:

Btw. his auctions are always "funny".
Here we go.......
Last time he was able to sell a Requiem (UK) "Angel of sin" 7" for about 30 $ while the same time there was a new unplayed copy up for 10 GBP with buy-now option. :lol:
$30 is close to the average price for that record, and lots of folks do not check ebay.uk. But please, don't let the facts get in the way of your attempt to troll another high profile collector/dealer.
Here are some other "funny" things about his auctions:
--he's been known to send a replacement copy free of charge for some items when there's a disagreement over the record's condition and didn't even ask for the first copy to be returned.
--he starts his auctions at the insane, greedy price of $5 each with no reserve.
--he answers every question that is asked.
--he's been widely known among HM collectors as a nice and honest guy for over 20 years.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Sometimes Jim's auctions end lower than average, sometimes they end higher. Just like with most other high profile sellers.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I think you got me wrong, I didn't blame the seller but the bidders.
There is an UK guy who's selling a rest stock of these Requiem singles for almost 1,5 years and while the first copies (new, unplayed) got sold for the regular price that the single ONCE did cost, he could not even sell the latest copies for 9,99 GBP. So if I'd bid 30 $ for a used copy, why wouldn't I buy the much cheaper unplayed copy? I think the guys do not even try to search when they see something of interest, but just paying a bit more. So I cannot blame the seller for that but once some of them would search a bit they might get the one or other bargain ... :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

You're right of course - it's always possible to find a cheaper copy of everything if you have the spare time to look around a bit.

Thing is - there's often an inverse relationship between the amount of money you have and the amount of free time you have. I.e. people with lots of money and little time to do record research will flock to well labelled items sold by well known and reliable sellers, and thus drive the price up.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
lox

Post by lox »

Khnud wrote: if you have the spare time to look around a bit.
This & that: well known sellers with good reputation always get better prices, especially if the seller offers alot of rarities at the same time. See m-rulez, he sells sometimes very common stuff for 2x the price that I would get.

anywho, while Im at it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMETHYST-Take-M ... 19e96c96d7

Anyone saw that single in this PS before? The band confirmed they sold or gave it away without sleeve, later with the band pic PS. Maybe promo copies?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lox wrote:
This & that: well known sellers with good reputation always get better prices, especially if the seller offers alot of rarities at the same time. See m-rulez, he sells sometimes very common stuff for 2x the price that I would get.

anywho, while Im at it:

Anyone saw that single in this PS before? The band confirmed they sold or gave it away without sleeve, later with the band pic PS. Maybe promo copies?
Not to forget that the band still has many of these singles in stock and giving it away for free.

However seller m-rulez is a mysterium. He even could sell a stinky "Reign in blood" for 56 Euros a couple of weeks ago!!! :D
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
lox wrote:

anywho, while Im at it:

Not to forget that the band still has many of these singles in stock and giving it away for free.

However seller m-rulez is a mysterium. He even could sell a stinky "Reign in blood" for 56 Euros a couple of weeks ago!!! :D

and a spiritual healing for 100 euros, etc etc etc etc all auctions from mr rulez increased a lot in the last years, and i don´t think that are any fake bifs or something. So who are these people who give a lot for a suppose normal lp, which it can be bought for much less on ebay?