Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Zanker

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by Zanker »

Khnud wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 pm Yup, metal prices don't even come close to psych or northern soul.
Thank g*d for that! And punk rock/hardcore early eighties have some crazy prices for first presses too.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

vasilis2112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:17 pm
Zanker wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:33 am
Khnud wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:39 pm Paradoxx most definitely real bids, I've seen it sell for much more.
Slauter Xstroyes was a little higher than what I've seen before, but it's been very long since a copy hit the market and a sealed one at that. No wonder it went for $$$.

And as expected, the YEZDA URFA from the same seller blew both of the above completely out of the water.
How much did it go that YEZDA URFA?
2225$
thanks!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Khnud wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 pm Yup, metal prices don't even come close to psych or northern soul.
I keep wondering... Since the kind of raw psych that's considered collectible nowdays wasn't that more mainstream than the 80's Metal we collect, is there a risk that 'our' records will reach the same price range in the future? The original fan-base of each scene should be about the same = same size of the 'nostalgia-market'...
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

DaN wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 am
I keep wondering... Since the kind of raw psych that's considered collectible nowdays wasn't that more mainstream than the 80's Metal we collect, is there a risk that 'our' records will reach the same price range in the future? The original fan-base of each scene should be about the same = same size of the 'nostalgia-market'...
I think the psych fan base is larger than the metal fan base. I believe that most collectors into rock (in general) would consider rare psych albums part of their field of interest. On the contrary I don’t believe those rock guys would consider the same for obscure us private metal releases. And rock collectors should be more than metal collectors.
It is like all classic hard rock/heavy metal albums.
Do people who own a Paradoxx, own a turquoise Led Zeppelin, or original (A1/B1) Black Sabbath LPs?
However, I believe prices of metal records will keep increasing. I don’t see that they will reach psych records’ prices, but they will definitely keep increasing.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are a lot more psych & soul collectors out there, because the genres appeal to a larger audience. But that in itself won't matter. All it takes is two people with a lot of money, who both desperately desire the same item.

Edit: This discussion might be better suited in the "Metal collecting: only for the rich?"-thread though.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

That PARADOXX was a "cheap" one this time. Condition was ok for such an old and rare record i think.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Lol, I've got the Ironhawk from the drummer with 2 digits less...Great dude... :D Wished he had more... Those were the days 8)
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Lol, I've got the Ironhawk from the drummer with 2 digits less...Great dude... :D Wished he had more... Those were the days 8)
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yeah, especially since the seller had audio samples posted it's a total mystery someone paid that price. Crappy psych Hard Rock with totally out of tune guitars and the B side was sounding even worse. :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

funny guy this one https://www.discogs.com/seller/europucela/profile
bids on ebay usually last minute and sells on discogs 4-5 times higher!
lixx ep for instance he bought 20usd and sells it for 77 euro - avoid!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

If you're refering to the Lixx EP that was sold last week, then it wasn't that guy. It was me ^^
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Rock-45-E ... 3853764505

I knew interest in this one has soared recently, but this is just bonkers. 4 bidders over $300!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Prowler wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 am If you're refering to the Lixx EP that was sold last week, then it wasn't that guy. It was me ^^
that was a lucky strike!! he has done it before with other records, i guessed it was him!