Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STREET-ANGEL-se ... 417b1878f4

Sure cover has a strange cut, but hey, you save 2497 $ :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lox wrote:
chatzial wrote: Damn, if the starting bid was $1,639 i would consider bidding at this one.
But for $1,639.99 i can't !!!!!!!!!
Yap, the 99 cents just broke this auction its neck... :D

Have you or anyone seen for how much this really went in the past? All I know is: this is really rare, even in Jugo states. It is also really generic modern thrash. A friend there checked the market once and told me, just a handful of copies for sale for crazy prices.
Sure it's rare, but shit remains shit. If anyone is really interested in the music he can get the tape version instead. But who's really into the music, in the age of "I collect sealed copies only" ... muhaha (Attention Nightsblood, attempt of black humor)
lox

Post by lox »

Prowler wrote:"I collect sealed copies only"
Nothing wrong with that, just like stamp collectors. Nothing to do with music.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

lox wrote:
Just me, but I think not being interested in the music is pretty hard to understand. I don't get it
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

ähm...what is "music"?
lox

Post by lox »

great_knuthulhu wrote: Just me, but I think not being interested in the music is pretty hard to understand. I don't get it
Not that hard. I know a guy who collects albums with interesting stickers on it (tour dates, promo blabla....). He surely likes some of the stuff he buys but he rarely listens to the records. Or some people buy certain labels only. It takes all kinds I guess. Not weirder than collecting terrible sounding 1st press CD's from the 80's. :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
lox wrote:
Just me, but I think not being interested in the music is pretty hard to understand. I don't get it
Neither I do, maybe the guys who bought a sealed 500 $ LP that they've never heard before and never unsealed it. Just put it into the shelf and there it's standing untouched, unloved, unheard. They could answer questions like "How does that album sounds like?" if they'd only unseal and play it. :wink:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Fils Du Metal wrote:
ähm...what is "music"?
answer:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

That guy was selling the Rapid Force LP for some $700 2-3 years ago, and it was constantly offered with some 20-30% discount, so you could buy it for some $400-$500 ... I guess that's the new marketing, if you can't sell it, raise the price :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Not that insane but sometimes you get this for 2 Euros ...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Iron-Maiden-PIEC ... 20dec7c2a0
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:Not that insane but sometimes you get this for 2 Euros ...
2 Euros in mint condition?? i doubt.

all "normal" lps this days aren´t cheap anymore. I see on ebay being sold at auction by ridiculous and absurd prices, in the last two years or so. I really don´t know who buys them, maybe some rich kids or maybe much older guys who want to have again the records as a souvenir. Who knows!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:

all "normal" lps this days aren´t cheap anymore. I see on ebay being sold at auction by ridiculous and absurd prices, in the last two years or so. I really don´t know who buys them, maybe some rich kids or maybe much older guys who want to have again the records as a souvenir. Who knows!
I've just bought an Iron Maiden 3 LP pack all in mint condition for about 15 Euros ... that's 5 E per record. And I've even got a few IM LP's earlier for 1 E. I mean there are thousands of them, in Rock, Pop, Electro categories ... at the moment I have 3 "Seventh son of a seventh son" here that I bought this month all for 2-5 Euros each. Two of them in great shape, the third one was missing the inner sleeve.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:

I've just bought an Iron Maiden 3 LP pack all in mint condition for about 15 Euros ... that's 5 E per record. And I've even got a few IM LP's earlier for 1 E. I mean there are thousands of them, in Rock, Pop, Electro categories ... at the moment I have 3 "Seventh son of a seventh son" here that I bought this month all for 2-5 Euros each. Two of them in great shape, the third one was missing the inner sleeve.

well now you can open a record shop :lol:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:
Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:

Yep, Iron Maiden + Metallica LP's are selling like fresh donuts any time ... :wink:
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
Yep, Iron Maiden + Metallica LP's are selling like fresh donuts any time ... :wink:[/quote]

still missing some maiden and tallica eps, so if you find them a 2 euros maybe you could sell it to me for some 5€ :D