Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by Prowler »

Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

The Ripper wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm funny guy this one https://www.discogs.com/seller/europucela/profile
bids on ebay usually last minute and sells on discogs 4-5 times higher!
lixx ep for instance he bought 20usd and sells it for 77 euro - avoid!
It's the same seller. He sells on ebay and Discogs..great seller to deal with!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Prowler wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 am Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
True, but on the other side you can have good deals too as people don't always take the risk to buy now. If you have patience for your packages to arrive..it could be ok. I have a pakcage stuck in the UK now too..but if borders will open, all will be ok.
As a seller it's not a good time now i think if you want top money for it. That EZRA is indeed insane...got mine for about 20USD a few years ago.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Prowler wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 am Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
The whole corona crisis was a big disappointment collector-wise. I was expecting plenty of people to go bankrupt and have to sell their rare records fast and for cheap. Instead they got support from the government and stayed home and bought more records and prices kept going up. If even economic crisis can't keep their promises where is this world going!!!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

That's not really true in every case. Many record shops had to close and only keep selling at Discogs therefore. I made some great deals there by offering prices with a discount of up to $ 50 sometimes on the usually expensive records. But basically they need to sell their records as their daily customers are all gone at the moment, so besides having the shop closed and earning no money at all, they rather accept discounts from $ 25-50 just to sell at least something. I made some great deals during Corona as buyer, but as seller I had only trouble with postage being paid twice because every second parcel got returned due to "country closed borders for european mail/goods" etc.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

The Ripper wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm funny guy this one https://www.discogs.com/seller/europucela/profile
bids on ebay usually last minute and sells on discogs 4-5 times higher!
lixx ep for instance he bought 20usd and sells it for 77 euro - avoid!

Apparently you 're a new member here... :lol:
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

Thats seller is me.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Zanker wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm seriously???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621326436
Last two copies sold at $303 and $399. Don't know what's happening here to be honest. New collectors entering the market?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Khnud wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:02 pm
Zanker wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm seriously???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621326436
Last two copies sold at $303 and $399. Don't know what's happening here to be honest. New collectors entering the market?
It’s been really crazy out there lately!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I never understood what's the deal with Gotham City? The MLP apart from the bad vocals is quite good, but the album ... meh ... 20 Euros and not a single Cent more ... Sweden had MUCH better bands to offer than Gotham City! :roll:
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Prowler wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm I never understood what's the deal with Gotham City? The MLP apart from the bad vocals is quite good, but the album ... meh ... 20 Euros and not a single Cent more ... Sweden had MUCH better bands to offer than Gotham City! :roll:
Yes, totally agree...overated band , some good songs but the terrible vocals and bad production ruined it all.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I’m glad I bought it when it actually was 20 to 25 euros, because The Unknown is the best traditional heavy metal album ever released by a Swedish band.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I wish I had bought it when it was around 25 Euros, because The Unknown is one of the best traditional heavy metal albums ever released by a Swedish band.

The 7'' single, however, is a different story. Bad production and very poor vocals. The sums it fetches is beyond my belief.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight