Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1689

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#556 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 am

Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 347

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#557 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:51 am

The Ripper wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm
funny guy this one https://www.discogs.com/seller/europucela/profile
bids on ebay usually last minute and sells on discogs 4-5 times higher!
lixx ep for instance he bought 20usd and sells it for 77 euro - avoid!
It's the same seller. He sells on ebay and Discogs..great seller to deal with!

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 347

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#558 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:56 am

Prowler wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 am
Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
True, but on the other side you can have good deals too as people don't always take the risk to buy now. If you have patience for your packages to arrive..it could be ok. I have a pakcage stuck in the UK now too..but if borders will open, all will be ok.
As a seller it's not a good time now i think if you want top money for it. That EZRA is indeed insane...got mine for about 20USD a few years ago.

Zombie Dance
Posts: 197

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#559 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Prowler wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 am
Yes, I was surprised myself but I guess it was due to Corona madness. Now that they closed borders for Great Britain I wonder if at least the mail will be delivered or could be received. I stopped all Ebay seller activities too as too many crap got returned due to Corona. Not a good time for people who wanna sell worldwide.
The whole corona crisis was a big disappointment collector-wise. I was expecting plenty of people to go bankrupt and have to sell their rare records fast and for cheap. Instead they got support from the government and stayed home and bought more records and prices kept going up. If even economic crisis can't keep their promises where is this world going!!!

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1689

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#560 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:01 am

That's not really true in every case. Many record shops had to close and only keep selling at Discogs therefore. I made some great deals there by offering prices with a discount of up to $ 50 sometimes on the usually expensive records. But basically they need to sell their records as their daily customers are all gone at the moment, so besides having the shop closed and earning no money at all, they rather accept discounts from $ 25-50 just to sell at least something. I made some great deals during Corona as buyer, but as seller I had only trouble with postage being paid twice because every second parcel got returned due to "country closed borders for european mail/goods" etc.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
GulliverFoyle
Posts: 134

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#561 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:09 pm

The Ripper wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm
funny guy this one https://www.discogs.com/seller/europucela/profile
bids on ebay usually last minute and sells on discogs 4-5 times higher!
lixx ep for instance he bought 20usd and sells it for 77 euro - avoid!

Apparently you 're a new member here... :lol:
Music that would be at times LARGER than life and DEEPER than the Ocean…(Jon Drenning)

runningwild
Posts: 58

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#562 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Thats seller is me.

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1689

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#563 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:12 pm

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 347

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#564 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm


User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2440

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#565 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:02 pm

Zanker wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm
seriously???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621326436
Last two copies sold at $303 and $399. Don't know what's happening here to be honest. New collectors entering the market?
Laugh at you in ecstasy, wallow in the gore.
Blast you with their twisted minds, behold the Dogs Of War.

vasilis2112
Posts: 447

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#566 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Khnud wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:02 pm
Zanker wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm
seriously???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621326436
Last two copies sold at $303 and $399. Don't know what's happening here to be honest. New collectors entering the market?
It’s been really crazy out there lately!

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1689

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#567 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm

I never understood what's the deal with Gotham City? The MLP apart from the bad vocals is quite good, but the album ... meh ... 20 Euros and not a single Cent more ... Sweden had MUCH better bands to offer than Gotham City! :roll:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
The Ripper
Posts: 46

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#568 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Prowler wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm
I never understood what's the deal with Gotham City? The MLP apart from the bad vocals is quite good, but the album ... meh ... 20 Euros and not a single Cent more ... Sweden had MUCH better bands to offer than Gotham City! :roll:
Yes, totally agree...overated band , some good songs but the terrible vocals and bad production ruined it all.

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1739

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#569 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:32 pm

I’m glad I bought it when it actually was 20 to 25 euros, because The Unknown is the best traditional heavy metal album ever released by a Swedish band.
Find me a Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP, please

User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2440

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post#570 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:14 pm

I wish I had bought it when it was around 25 Euros, because The Unknown is one of the best traditional heavy metal albums ever released by a Swedish band.

The 7'' single, however, is a different story. Bad production and very poor vocals. The sums it fetches is beyond my belief.
Laugh at you in ecstasy, wallow in the gore.
Blast you with their twisted minds, behold the Dogs Of War.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest