Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Kraignoss666

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by Kraignoss666 »

I also consider « The unknown » as one of the greatest swedish LPs (along with Universe, Parasite, last Heavy Load...). The songwriting is truly great on this album. It
still doesn’t justify it reaches such high prices...
mordred

Post by mordred »

You need to let go of the notion that quality of music is supposed to justify a price tag. It doesn’t. Supply and demand justifies a price tag. Question number 1 is do you want a record at all, and if yes are you prepared to pay what it costs.

My favorite record of all time is Painkiller, but if I lost my copy I would quite naturally not be prepared to pay anywhere near the most I ever paid for a record just because I know of no better music. If I lost my Redeemer or my Commander I would be prepared to pay top dollar again although they aren’t as good.

If I lost my copy of The Unknown, now that would be just way too scary!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

Khnud wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:14 pmThe 7'' single, however, is a different story. Bad production and very poor vocals. The sums it fetches is beyond my belief.
Oh, come one. Their theme song is a perfect song and recording quality etc is exactly the DIY quality you could expect from a DIY release, no more or less.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

mordred wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 pm You need to let go of the notion that quality of music is supposed to justify a price tag. It doesn’t. Supply and demand justifies a price tag. Question number 1 is do you want a record at all, and if yes are you prepared to pay what it costs.

My favorite record of all time is Painkiller, but if I lost my copy I would quite naturally not be prepared to pay anywhere near the most I ever paid for a record just because I know of no better music. If I lost my Redeemer or my Commander I would be prepared to pay top dollar again although they aren’t as good.

If I lost my copy of The Unknown, now that would be just way too scary!
I completely agree with what you say, but it’s just where I find it hard to let go this notion. I think we’re all here because we truly love that kind of music, and that’s just the reason why we dig obscure stuff and try to find the next record that we’ll love so much. Then you meet the laws of supply and demand, which leads sometimes in my mind to such paradox: do I have to pay that amount of money for this particular record? That’s where love meets the market rules... Loving and owning, you know, that kind of philosophical question ;)

And about the Gotham City EP, there is a complete DIY (almost punky) charm in it, that truly truly works for me.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I don't know about you guys, but I personally have a much easier time forking out top dollar for a record that's both rare and great, than for a record that's just rare. :mrgreen:
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Nothing to add, except that it’s even better to spend a few bucks for a killer record ;)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

But definitely not on Gotham City :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Dragonfly (UK, NWOBHM) shaped 7" :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164689068958
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Seen it ... that someone even has the balls to offer something like that is ... :!:
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Prowler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm Seen it ... that someone even has the balls to offer something like that is ... :!:
Yes indeed!! Ok for the sleeve maybe but then throw away that piece of vinyl in the trashcan.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Prowler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm Seen it ... that someone even has the balls to offer something like that is ... :!:
I have a Ronnie and the red caps conquest 7”, broken but playable (with an old stylus!)!
Been thinking of selling at some point but did not due to this fact! I felt it was not “ethical” selling a broken record, even if I make the problems of the record crystal clear.
Maybe I will think it again in the future! :lol:
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Fact though is that seller is honest starting it at 0,99!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I own a cracked record myself that is playable nevertheless, coz it's just cracked like 2-3 cm at the border, but cracked and broken/mutilated are 2 different shoes. And the sleeve either looks fair- :roll: :lol:
I'd personally throw that piece of trash away or give it away for free with any random order. But even asking 99 Cent is too much. In the end it's up to the people who bid on it, so they can't complain later.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Does anyone know about this seller? Just seems like shill bidding if you allow a previous buyer that didn't pay to bid again.

This Morpheus Descends sold last year to this one bidder

http://www.valueyourmusic.com/items/233 ... e-cassette

And now it is back on eBay and first bidder seems to be the same (they have more feedback now)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333882722494
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Wow it is at $172 the Morpheus Descends and highest bidder has 100% feedback with that seller. Smells like shill bidding big time!