RYCHUS SYN picture disc.

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
krokus

RYCHUS SYN picture disc.

Post by krokus »

Checking out the page by labels on Corroseum this picture disc from 1989 is not on the AZRA(IRON WORKS label) page. I like to know the value of this item please and also i like to know if its a rare one. Thankssssss.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Value? Around $35. Different sources claim either 500 or 1000 copies pressed. Only Dave Richards knows for sure.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
krokus

Post by krokus »

Khnud wrote:Value? Around $35. Different sources claim either 500 or 1000 copies pressed. Only Dave Richards knows for sure.
Thanks for the info. I thought the value was more to be honest. Anyway, nice to get some info. Take care.
Rene.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

500 copies are more real. I remember he told me once that the Pic vinyls are made as 500 copies editions.
I've seen some 20 $ copies of this too.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
krokus

Post by krokus »

Thanks for the info. To be honest i thought this picture disc had more value. Its maybe only limited at 500 copies, its from the late 80s, on a cool label and most important, the music is great. Why is this item than only 20 dollars or a little more?. Dont understand this.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Well, my own copy was even cheaper (10 E) and I guess most guys who want it already got their copy. So the price won't go up as earlier coz there's no concurrence anymore. And I personally don't like it that much (1 great track, rest is average). There's better Azra/Iron Works stuff on the market that sells for less.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Well, my own copy was even cheaper (10 E) and I guess most guys who want it already got their copy. So the price won't go up as earlier coz there's no concurrence anymore. And I personally don't like it that much (1 great track, rest is average). There's better Azra/Iron Works stuff on the market that sells for less.
krokus

Post by krokus »

Prowler wrote:Well, my own copy was even cheaper (10 E) and I guess most guys who want it already got their copy. So the price won't go up as earlier coz there's no concurrence anymore. And I personally don't like it that much (1 great track, rest is average). There's better Azra/Iron Works stuff on the market that sells for less.
Okay, i understand. Thanks. Anyway, one more cuestion, the SEXX picture disc, is it more rare?. I really like that release too.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Sexx? You can find copies for 5 $ easily ... search at ebay! It's easy to find (and pay).
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Sexx? You can find copies for 5 $ easily ... search at ebay! It's easy to find (and pay).
krokus

Post by krokus »

Prowler wrote:Sexx? You can find copies for 5 $ easily ... search at ebay! It's easy to find (and pay).
Fuck, i payed more. I never saw copies of SEXX picture disc for 5 dollars to be honest. Anyway, if i believe your words, i can see that those azra picture disc have no money value, but i like the music on it, and thats the most important thing always, to keep them in my collection. Thanks.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

krokus wrote:
Prowler wrote:Sexx? You can find copies for 5 $ easily ... search at ebay! It's easy to find (and pay).
Fuck, i payed more. I never saw copies of SEXX picture disc for 5 dollars to be honest. Anyway, if i believe your words, i can see that those azra picture disc have no money value, but i like the music on it, and thats the most important thing always, to keep them in my collection. Thanks.
I've never seen it for $5 either. I think I paid $10 for mine. I think some of the problem is you never know really how many were made. Dave always seems to be pulling something from the Azra garage even after all these years which seems odd and makes me wonder if there is not a lot more out there then what he says. I personally have a low opinion of him, he was supposed to send me some Jag Panzer stuff for me to forward to Mark Briody and it's been a few years and still nothing even though I have prompted him several times in that period (Mark wants no contact with him so that says a lot, he more or less said "don't hold your breath"). He also has a history of dicking the bands that were signed to his labels. Methinks that if he had been more about getting quality acts and marketing them so they made money instead of PAYING money to Dave and getting little support in return, Azra/Ironworks could have grown to the level of Metal Blade. Greed killed Azra, not to mention all the wierd non-Metal crap music that was released also. He lost a few good bands that went on to greater things
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

There's a 35 $ copy up on ebay right now. And you make offers ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Private-Press-M ... 35cf8a2600
Metal Knight

Post by Metal Knight »

on discogs there's a seller from poland who sells 7 copies of the RYCHUS SYN at 20€ each..
Prowler

Post by Prowler »