Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I put a bid on the brat demo a couple of days ago, just the starting price though. Hope someone overbid me. Didn't know it was him. :(
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Khnud wrote:Is Mr. P. selling his demo collection? I've learned my lesson and will stay clear from him regardless of what he offers on ebay.
As someone who never heard of this guy, despite the fact that he seems to have quite the bad rep... Why is he to be avoided at all costs?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I put a bid on the brat demo a couple of days ago, just the starting price though. Hope someone overbid me. Didn't know it was him. :(
I said it before and need to repeat, I've had NEVER any trouble with not receiving my bought ebay items from him, Never!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

It's not shocking.Great record and still on big demand.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Cyrcka wrote:
theres another copy at ebay
now nor sold for $ 100 haha :D
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Ryür wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:
theres another copy at ebay
now nor sold for $ 100 haha :D
There's a few factors :

1) Condition (G/G) .No one want to blow 99 USD for a copy with poor sound/PS.

2) Clueless seller (maybe band member??).I mean If you want to sell a record you must write proper Ad bravados like Private Metal / Obscure / L@@k / Unknown / Super rare.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

I think what "G" is because the seller does not know about records grade (it is more reasonable)
Last edited by Ryür on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

This record is not that rare. Broad Horizons Records still active and run by band member.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

lunaboy wrote:This record is not that rare. Broad Horizons Records still active and run by band member.
As far as i know already sold their copies.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yes, all extra copies have already been scooped up. The band is aware of the ebay auction so they know their record is worth $$$.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

He we go again

First this is a 4 song EP NOT a 2 song 45 so is $100 TOO much??

Then What is Rare? There are a lot more copies of Lord Ryur floating around then Hott Roxx.

Wait a year and then tell me this is Too much or this is NOT Rare

Warhead for example. The band was on this board selling copies for what? $20, Now try and find one for under $75-100, Is it Rare?
"I am NOT a collector"
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

The remaining copies have already been sold (they were no more than 10) plus one sold on ebay, few known copies , of a nice 4 songs EP . I do not think that because they have found a 8-10 record copies is an easy to pick up.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The 10 Commandments of Heavy Metal Record Prices

1. If I want a copy, it is worth $5.
2. If I don't own it but I don't want it, it is worth $5.
3. If more than 2 copies are known to exist, it is worth $5.
4. If I don't like the music, it is worth $5.
5. If I have never heard of the record, it is worth $5.
6. If the band members have not been tracked down for spare copies, it is worth $5.
7. If a dealer found four copies 18 year ago, that counts as quantity and thus it is worth $5.
8. If I am trying to buy your copy, then any condition issue drops the price to $5.
9. If the record sold for $5 back in 1991, I should still be able to buy it today for $5.
10. If I own the record and someone else wants it, it is incredibly rare and is a killer album of pure, true, steel worth a small fortune even though it skips and is missing the cover.

The Golden Rule:
If I already own it, then the insanely high price of the last ebay auction is perfectly realistic. If it's on my want list, that auction was a one-time fluke and no sane person would ever pay more than $5.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote:The 10 Commandments of Heavy Metal Record Prices

1. If I want a copy, it is worth $5.
2. If I don't own it but I don't want it, it is worth $5.
3. If more than 2 copies are known to exist, it is worth $5.
4. If I don't like the music, it is worth $5.
5. If I have never heard of the record, it is worth $5.
6. If the band members have not been tracked down for spare copies, it is worth $5.
7. If a dealer found four copies 18 year ago, that counts as quantity and thus it is worth $5.
8. If I am trying to buy your copy, then any condition issue drops the price to $5.
9. If the record sold for $5 back in 1991, I should still be able to buy it today for $5.
10. If I own the record and someone else wants it, it is incredibly rare and is a killer album of pure, true, steel worth a small fortune even though it skips and is missing the cover.

The Golden Rule:
If I already own it, then the insanely high price of the last ebay auction is perfectly realistic. If it's on my want list, that auction was a one-time fluke and no sane person would ever pay more than $5.
PERFECT :D
"I am NOT a collector"