Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Anyone who comes to Sweden with the hope of vacuum cleaning record stores with Swedish metal rarities for cheap is bound to become severely disappointed. In ten years of collecting, the only real score I've made in that field was when I found the Trouble "Warrior" LP for about 8 euros.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

mordred wrote:Anyone who comes to Sweden with the hope of vacuum cleaning record stores with Swedish metal rarities for cheap is bound to become severely disappointed. In ten years of collecting, the only real score I've made in that field was when I found the Trouble "Warrior" LP for about 8 euros.
...And that album isn't worth much more either, I'm afraid. I sold my copy for 200 euros. Better buy the originals by the band they ripped off.
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Khnud wrote:
Prowler wrote:You can find swedish stuff everywhere in Sweden for peanuts too while the rest of the world has to pay the full disaster ... :wink:
Haha, I wonder which world you live in. I've never found anything rare in a Swedish second hand shop, and I've been to quite a few. ;-)
And why my swedish friend always is presenting me all the swedish obscure singles that he scored for 4 or 5 Euros every month? :cry:
Ok, I don't wanna cry, he's getting me this or that cheaply of couse but seen by what he scored I got just 1/5 of the stuff ... haha
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
mordred

Post by mordred »

You sure he gets them in stores? Either he knows some amazing waterholes or he has good 1st hand contacts. I'd bet on the latter.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Which swedish singles are we talking about?
Singles with lets say heavy load, crystal pride, some pang records singles etc is pretty easy to find and cheap too, but stuff like sacrifice, jackwave, scratch, depzon, acis, gotham city, 220 volt first single, hiroshima etc just doesen't turn up, and when those singles do they're ALWAYS expensive (99% of the cases)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I was about to buy it for 190 euros at last years KIT but didn't.. Wonder if it has been sold by now.
No, guess not ... I had it in my hands again this year at the KIT / Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, one corner has a BIG bend and the overall condition is not top, so the price is a reflection of the condition.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Which swedish singles are we talking about?
Singles with lets say heavy load, crystal pride, some pang records singles etc is pretty easy to find and cheap too, but stuff like sacrifice, jackwave, scratch, depzon, acis, gotham city, 220 volt first single, hiroshima etc just doesen't turn up, and when those singles do they're ALWAYS expensive (99% of the cases)
Yes mainly that Pang stuff, but he also found Depzon, first 220 Volt, Zone Zero, Wizzard, Syrus, etc, all kinds of swedish Metal connected stuff (Hard Rock, AOR). I remember when I sent him my list the first time he said that he had to walk down into the city and 3 hours later I was owner of an Acis "Lawbreaker" 7", completely for free. I remember he said, he gets the stuff from local record fairs, and mostly from obscure internet stores, earlier from Tradera, but it's overcrowded with foreign bidders now as you know. Seems like albums are even easier to find ... we have had quite a huge number of trades. I'm sitting on the alcohol source ... you know? Swedish guys do everything for booze! lol
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

If I were you I'd quit my job, and start selling Swedish metal records to German collectors full time. Seems like it'd pay off well. :D

Oh, and I've been scouring the shops/fairs in southern Sweden for those releases since 2008, but I've never seen a single copy of any of those singles. I guess I'm blind!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Prowler wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Which swedish singles are we talking about?
Yes mainly that Pang stuff, but he also found Depzon, first 220 Volt, Zone Zero, Wizzard, Syrus, etc, all kinds of swedish Metal connected stuff (Hard Rock, AOR). I remember when I sent him my list the first time he said that he had to walk down into the city and 3 hours later I was owner of an Acis "Lawbreaker" 7", completely for free. I remember he said, he gets the stuff from local record fairs, and mostly from obscure internet stores, earlier from Tradera, but it's overcrowded with foreign bidders now as you know. Seems like albums are even easier to find ... we have had quite a huge number of trades. I'm sitting on the alcohol source ... you know? Swedish guys do everything for booze! lol
Seems like a good guy. Give me his email adress? :lol:

I have seen most of these over the years in stores here in Stockholm too, but they have ALL been very expensive (ebay prices).
I have got most of my swedish singles from contacts around the world (MOST of them from Sweden though) and also alot from tradera through the years and alot from before it got crowded with foreign bidders.
Swedish metal singles is not as common now as they were 5-10 years ago. I guess most of them is in collections outside of Sweden now.

Now, I need to go find myself the last 8 swedish hm/hr singles I really need for the collection. :( You got any of these?

HIROSHIMA - SOLDIER OF THE WORLD 7'' w/PS
KEEN HUE - ONE OF TWO 7'' w/PS
EXCITERS - MY BAD STARS 7'' w/PS
PUBLIKFÖRAKT AB - THE NIGHT OF HORROR 7'' w/PS
R&R - ADVENTURES BEHIND THE EYE 7'' w/PS
VAMPA - VAMPA 7'' w/PS
ALEXANDER LUCAS - SPEED 7'' w/PS
GÖRAN NORDH - DIE IN TWO DIFFERENT CENTURIES 7'' w/PS
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

All discussion about Solar Eagle bootleg records has been split and merged with the thread from 2011 where this has already been discussed in detail. Please continue in the appropriate thread. /Mod
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEN-Battle-Cry ... 4ac4504c64

How is this sealed when the labels are photographed?
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Heavy wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEN-Battle-Cry ... 4ac4504c64

How is this sealed when the labels are photographed?
wow what a price! I know the seller...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Not insane perhaps, but still crazy:

On a recent auction only two bids were issued, mine and the guy who won. Thing is - we both submitted our bids at the exact same time, and we both entered the exact same amount. Still, he (or she) won and I lost. Makes me wonder if ebay counts in 1/100 of a second too.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I think, for other bidder, if their actual bid is higher but the final increment/bid is the same between the 2, the higher bidder gets it. or something like that...
Khnud wrote:
On a recent auction only two bids were issued, mine and the guy who won. Thing is - we both submitted our bids at the exact same time, and we both entered the exact same amount. Still, he (or she) won and I lost. Makes me wonder if ebay counts in 1/100 of a second too.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Not eBay, but possibly the most ridiculously priced item I've ever seen:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used