Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Sorry guys I got a little carried away when Prowler grinded my gears with his (and others) reocurring comments about how just about any obscure metal record is crap or overrated, how any sale price above normal retail price is "insane" and how anybody willing to fork up some cash for a record they really want has to be rich or insane or both.

Still can't think of the Brainfever 12" as a "standard record". This is the first copy I have seen for sale in two years. I know it has sold for a lot less in the past so I thought I would surely get this copy for less than half of what it went for, but I can't say I'm awfully surprised to see someone would pay 100 bucks rather than wait another year to find another copy.
Helstar wrote:Then explain me why you refused to sell me that Living Death cd ? Afterall 30 euro difference compared to what you asked is "less" than nothing, no ? :lol:
You already know the reason, I simply wanted to get enough money to replace the cd with a vinyl copy of the same album.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

On the other hand people who place some cds for 1000$ and think they'll sell are the same idiots.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

i did not know that this was so rare... http://www.ebay.com/itm/300839668003?ss ... 1435.l2649
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Cyrcka wrote:i did not know that this was so rare... http://www.ebay.com/itm/300839668003?ss ... 1435.l2649
I just sold 2 copies of this for $35 each
"I am NOT a collector"
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Glockose wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:i did not know that this was so rare... http://www.ebay.com/itm/300839668003?ss ... 1435.l2649

i have it in my wanted list... 35 is a very good price
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Glockose wrote:
Wow, last copy I've seen brought about 40 Euros ... which is standard price in my book but that 160 $ copy was kinda like that Brainfever "You" auction ... really insane price.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

mordred wrote: You already know the reason, I simply wanted to get enough money to replace the cd with a vinyl copy of the same album.
False. Even before selling the LD cd, you already got 2x the money needed to buy the 3 vinyl replacements through the selling of Dethrone+Hexenhaus alone (your words eh).
Anyway, you have apologized with the message above, so no problem =)
thrashidolatry wrote:On the other hand people who place some cds for 1000$ and think they'll sell are the same idiots.
Chebanana and some other people have proven that sometimes it works ... ^^
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

...because some comments are so stupid they demand replies even from the lurkers:

prowler- so what you're implying is that no record, whether it's a big-name release or some piece of "average crap", should ever jump up in value? You sound like one of those old geezers whining that they can no longer buy a soda for 10 cents.
And thank you so much for continuing to tell everyone what is and is not "average crap". What WOULD we do if you weren't around to dictate which albums suck and which do not?
You also seem to take it personally when someone pays more for a record than you think they should. What's the matter, are the "rich kids paying with daddy's credit cards" kicking your ass on ebay? I'm so sorry you can't win every record you want for $10 or less.

humus- Laugh all you want at rich collectors who overpay for a record, but they look at 'true fans' like you- ones who d/l mp3s from pirate sites instead of paying for original items- and they think YOU'RE the pathetic loser just pretending to really like Metal.

avenger- "only the true fans will remain"; that implies you think people who are currently paying high prices for records are just "going through a phase" and will ditch their collections in a few years. Gee, what a self-aggrandizing image your statement paints; you and 'the chosen few true brethren' coming out on top of the Collector Wars, standing tall after all the poseurs wimp out and sell you their japanese slimline cd's for pennies. FYI, real life doesn't work like Manowar lyrics dude.
Tell me this, who's the 'more true' fan: one who pays a lot to get an original press, or one who refuses to buy the album until a dirt-cheap copy comes along? And what is the price we must stay below in order to be a 'real fan'? $30 max? $50 euros? 40 GBP plus shipping?
Please enlighten us all as to your Standards of Trueness so that we might not transgress against them.

Y'all think you're showing off how collector-smart, money-savvy, and 'true metal' you are, but all I see are a bunch of smug little elitist jerks who think they should dictate the 'goodness' of every record, the price of every auction, and the 'trueness' of every fan. I don't know whether y'all are ignorant or just desperately trying to stroke your egos by putting other people down while sounding self-important.

With jerks like y'all constantly posting such garbage and 'collector bashing' tripe on this site, it's no wonder that many of the bigger collectors- most of whom are really nice people who could contribute a LOT of material to this forum- never/hardly ever post anything here. You might stop and consider that the next time you fire up the 'truer than thou' crap.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote:...because some comments are so stupid they demand replies even from the lurkers:

prowler- so what you're implying is that no record, whether it's a big-name release or some piece of "average crap", should ever jump up in value? You sound like one of those old geezers whining that they can no longer buy a soda for 10 cents.
And thank you so much for continuing to tell everyone what is and is not "average crap". What WOULD we do if you weren't around to dictate which albums suck and which do not?
You also seem to take it personally when someone pays more for a record than you think they should. What's the matter, are the "rich kids paying with daddy's credit cards" kicking your ass on ebay? I'm so sorry you can't win every record you want for $10 or less.

humus- Laugh all you want at rich collectors who overpay for a record, but they look at 'true fans' like you- ones who d/l mp3s from pirate sites instead of paying for original items- and they think YOU'RE the pathetic loser just pretending to really like Metal.

avenger- "only the true fans will remain"; that implies you think people who are currently paying high prices for records are just "going through a phase" and will ditch their collections in a few years. Gee, what a self-aggrandizing image your statement paints; you and 'the chosen few true brethren' coming out on top of the Collector Wars, standing tall after all the poseurs wimp out and sell you their japanese slimline cd's for pennies. FYI, real life doesn't work like Manowar lyrics dude.
Tell me this, who's the 'more true' fan: one who pays a lot to get an original press, or one who refuses to buy the album until a dirt-cheap copy comes along? And what is the price we must stay below in order to be a 'real fan'? $30 max? $50 euros? 40 GBP plus shipping?
Please enlighten us all as to your Standards of Trueness so that we might not transgress against them.

Y'all think you're showing off how collector-smart, money-savvy, and 'true metal' you are, but all I see are a bunch of smug little elitist jerks who think they should dictate the 'goodness' of every record, the price of every auction, and the 'trueness' of every fan. I don't know whether y'all are ignorant or just desperately trying to stroke your egos by putting other people down while sounding self-important.

With jerks like y'all constantly posting such garbage and 'collector bashing' tripe on this site, it's no wonder that many of the bigger collectors- most of whom are really nice people who could contribute a LOT of material to this forum- never/hardly ever post anything here. You might stop and consider that the next time you fire up the 'truer than thou' crap.
Great post sir.

Welcome back to the hell...
"I am NOT a collector"
humus

Post by humus »

nightsblood wrote:humus- Laugh all you want at rich collectors who overpay for a record, but they look at 'true fans' like you- ones who d/l mp3s from pirate sites instead of paying for original items- and they think YOU'RE the pathetic loser just pretending to really like Metal.
My comment is so stupid, but yours is spot on then? Just too bad my collection consists of over 5000 original items and maximum 100 MP3's. So how misplaced is the "like you" punch in your post now?

Don't you see how paradoxal your post is? You accuse me and the avenger of trying to impose our rules and deciding what is right and wrong. Only to say we are wrong and you are right.

There is no truth in metal collecting. Just opinions. If you can't express one without being called a smug little elitist jerk, well, where does it end then?

What do you think causes negative atmosphere? People expressing opinions, discussing? Or people calling other people names?
Last edited by humus on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Not at all sir.
I'm OLD and can't remember past last week..

The Past is the Past
"I am NOT a collector"
humus

Post by humus »

Maybe we should limit the forum to discussions about matrix codes, pressing informations and musical influences. because it seems as soon as we go past that people get aggrevated and start insulting.

This was a great forum in the early days, but lately all you see is people having a beef with someone else.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Actually yesterday started the thread about the insame auctions 2013, reading all that it is about insane collectors...so we should change title of thread?
And the old ones are so bad as the new ones, the new ones as bad as he old ones reading all hat here...
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Glockose wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
Great post, sir. (2)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:avenger- "only the true fans will remain"; that implies you think people who are currently paying high prices for records are just "going through a phase" and will ditch their collections in a few years. Gee, what a self-aggrandizing image your statement paints; you and 'the chosen few true brethren' coming out on top of the Collector Wars, standing tall after all the poseurs wimp out and sell you their japanese slimline cd's for pennies. FYI, real life doesn't work like Manowar lyrics dude.
Oh, you again and your ridiculous assumptions that lead to pointless storybook situations that transpire in your mind…

It's a fact that common records that have sold for consistently low prices for many years have been recently climbing in value. Do you really think with the way the music industry is headed today that this is due to an insurgence of actual fans? Like I've said to you in the past, you really need to sit down and think rationally about how you reply before typing out the first brain fart that pops into your head. That statement wasn't meant to come off as self-glorifying but rather state what I think is going to happen after taking into consideration the current state of the market. It was a general statement that had no personal relevance but I should know better then assume you wouldn’t take it so literally. Shame on me...

Regarding what prices are "fair" to spend on records, this cannot be answered with one flat rate. Obviously many factors come into play. The most important ones being: legitimacy, pressing and rarity. Why even bother to make such a brain dead comment? Common sense would indicate that not every record has the same value.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."