Non-urgent Vinyl Inquiries - READ THE FIRST POST

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The two first Tokyo Blade 7 inches, does anyone know about a bootleg made with white labels?
If anyone has the Ghengis Khan EP, does the matrix code has the word "Orlake" carved into the vinyl too?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:The two first Tokyo Blade 7 inches, does anyone know about a bootleg made with white labels?
If anyone has the Ghengis Khan EP, does the matrix code has the word "Orlake" carved into the vinyl too?
as far as i know, and i had both singles in my collection (not anymore), they are the same has GK, and theres no bootlegs. I think there written somewhere, that the band used the same GK singles and glued some white labels when the band chenged name to TB.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:
Prowler wrote:The two first Tokyo Blade 7 inches, does anyone know about a bootleg made with white labels?
as far as i know, and i had both singles in my collection (not anymore), they are the same has GK, and theres no bootlegs. I think there written somewhere, that the band used the same GK singles and glued some white labels when the band chenged name to TB.
It's everywhere written that the band glued NEW labels on the vinyls but I thought that it had been real printed labels. Though both singles don't look either like bootlegs, but who can really say this nowadays?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:
It's everywhere written that the band glued NEW labels on the vinyls but I thought that it had been real printed labels. Though both singles don't look either like bootlegs, but who can really say this nowadays?
The original Gengis Khan 2x7" had real printed labels. http://www.popsike.com/GENGHIS-KHAN-rar ... 30260.html

After the namechange they printed Tokyo Blade sleeves and pasted new labels over the Genghis Khan labels (although the lettering of the old label was still visible):
http://www.popsike.com/TOKYO-BLADE-GENG ... 20607.html

Around 1996 some white label copies appeared with white labels (one is kind of green-ish). And many years after that appeared Tokyo blade vinyls with again the same white labels. My guess is that someone associated with the first release had copies of the picture sleeves of Genghis Khan release and of Tokyo Blade releases (because the sleeves are identical to the original releases and especially the Tokyo Blade sleeves are difficult to reproduce) and he printed again the vinyls in "white label" format
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yep, could be an explanation. The sleeves indeed are a kinda "different" paper than usual old singles have.
My guess was that some who have the EP's with printed labels or the GK 7" could confirm that "Orlake" word in the matrix code to get sure.
I bought them in England btw.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:Yep, could be an explanation. The sleeves indeed are a kinda "different" paper than usual old singles have.
My guess was that some who have the EP's with printed labels or the GK 7" could confirm that "Orlake" word in the matrix code to get sure.
I bought them in England btw.
When the "white label" Genghis Khan were first sold back in 1996, they were sold by an English seller (for 10 U.K. Pounds), at first through an ad at Record Collector magazine.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Very nice. You are 100% correct
"I am NOT a collector"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

http://s104.photobucket.com/user/renega ... 1602123795

The description of the seller. Sounds plausible too ... like every fairytale ...
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Is there a counterfeit of the Trop Feross 12''? As you may have noticed there's a few sealed copies that have shown up lately which sort of reminds me of the Solar Eagle case. Or has a "new old" stock been unearthed?
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

LaGouille wrote:Is there a counterfeit of the Trop Feross 12''? As you may have noticed there's a few sealed copies that have shown up lately which sort of reminds me of the Solar Eagle case. Or has a "new old" stock been unearthed?

it seems who is selling is the guitarists brother, and are original
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

I have a question to Manilla Road experts:
I've been to a record store in southern Germany recently and picked up a Crystal Logic Black Dragon press for having a spare copy to trade with etc. I only checked the condition and did not pay attention to the colour of the LP (maybe this was due to a few beers I've drank before :( ). Now when I wanted to check it audiowise, I realized it's a black vinyl instead of blue:

My question is: Is this a bootleg? Or a testpressing? The blue label is different from other Black Dragon records and the tracklist is not correct either. I've never heard of a bootleg before, but there is this entry at musik-sammler:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/324473

I'm thankful for any info provided!
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

thats not a bootleg, i think maybe only a few copies exist
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Cyrcka wrote:thats not a bootleg, i think maybe only a few copies exist
Actually this is a late '90s release (or very early '00s, i don't remember the exact year) and it was printed by Black Dragon after an order by a seller/collector.
They printed 500 copies (again this is the number that i remember).
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

Thanks for the info! According to the SMB, it was a Greek collector who did that in the late 90s, but supposedly only a few copies were made. If there were 500 copies, I believe there should be known more about that. I don't know if this is the one I have, because I've never seen any pictures of those. There's this test pressing in black vinyl as well, no idea how that one looks like either.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Decibel_Rebel wrote:Thanks for the info! According to the SMB, it was a Greek collector who did that in the late 90s, but supposedly only a few copies were made. If there were 500 copies, I believe there should be known more about that. I don't know if this is the one I have, because I've never seen any pictures of those. There's this test pressing in black vinyl as well, no idea how that one looks like either.
I can confirm that your copy is the one that was printed in the late '90s (used to have it). And yes there were 500 copies printed, most of them sold here in Greece.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail