Shrink Wrap

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Shrink Wrap

Post by nightsblood »

If the shrink wrap is too tight and causing the cover to slightly bend/warp, do you remove the shrink wrap? Some folks seem to prefer covers in shrink wrap, but when it's too tight it seems like you should remove it.

Not the most scintillating question I realize, but I noticed a couple of shrink-wrapped covers on the shelf are starting to bend, so it got me to thinking :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
daniel

Post by daniel »

I always remove the shrink wrap, I might keep the actual wrap somewhere but I'd never leave it on the record and don't see why you would?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Since I put all my records in PVC sleeves, I don't see the point in keeping the shrink wrap.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Usually I remove it.

I dont see why anyone would keep the shrink on a gatefold LP.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I only keep it when there's a sticker (this band contains members of Anthrax with the mega hit ...) on it. It's not only the sleeve that gets damages but also the vinyl itself gets warped like hell.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I remove the shrink and put it in a PVC sleeve if it appears too tight, otherwise I keep it on until I feel like listening to the vinyl (saves me a PVC sleeve for a while, because I always have too few), unless something feels fishy of course, then I take it off immediately.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Shrinkwarp is kinda Annoying.I mean not so many records comes today with S/W (Except some unsold major labels copies).0/10 percent.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

maybe some people tend to think they keep the sleeve nearer to mint ;) but shrink wraps suck indeed. there's always something wobbly when cut open on one side to get the record out and there is really no point in them when using protective PVC sleeves
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:Since I put all my records in PVC sleeves, I don't see the point in keeping the shrink wrap.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Wasn't it an issue with shrink wrap that it constricted over time and warped the sleeve? I always take mine off.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

A bought a childrens book today that was sealed because it came with a CD insde of it. For a split second i thought about opening it only on the right side and leaving the shrink wrap around it. :lol:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80