Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2012)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

another one that i deleted from my wanted list :cry:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

This seriously sounds even more average than Paradoxx! Complete joke ... especially that price!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I picked the Bad Axe up for $20 in 2008, serious price jump since then...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

doomedplanet wrote:I picked the Bad Axe up for $20 in 2008, serious price jump since then...
I just wonder if people actually listen before they are buying such albums. It's surely the artwork that disables their brains when clicking the "place bid"-button. Crystal Knight is another such a case, though it's far beyond these 500 $ + regions, but nothing but an average album. The Bad Axe MP3's are available in the net and everyone should listen before bidding on it. I just does not deserve that price. 20 $ for the artwork is ok, but the music isn't worth even 50 Cent ... :twisted:

(That doesn't mean I don't want it in my collection - for the artwork - but not for such a ridiculous price.)
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I do think the bad axe record contains some really great songs and would love to find a copy for a decent price!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

What Dirty Rocker said. Even the $20 was $80 less than the usual price in 2008. Just luck that time.
Dirty Rocker wrote:I do think the bad axe record contains some really great songs and would love to find a copy for a decent price!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:lets see how much this average ep will go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paradoxx-Plan-O ... 2ec21dae1c
I wonder how many copies are known to be in certain hands. Appears a bit too often for my taste for an only 50 copies pressing. Wether everyone who bought it resold it quickly or that aren't just 50 copies who left that pressing plant. There are 500 copies records that you never see somewhere but that 50 copies thing pops up 3-5 times a year. Strange ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Prowler wrote:

I wonder how many copies are known to be in certain hands. Appears a bit too often for my taste for an only 50 copies pressing. Wether everyone who bought it resold it quickly or that aren't just 50 copies who left that pressing plant. There are 500 copies records that you never see somewhere but that 50 copies thing pops up 3-5 times a year. Strange ...
Auction states: "reportedly only 50 copies were ever picked up from the pressing plant"
Given the times it shows up my guess is that someone at the plant held on to the remaining copies and therefor the full quantity is in circulation anyway, or it has been bootlegged and slipped under the radar.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Prowler wrote: Crystal Knight is another such a case, though it's far beyond these 500 $ + regions, but nothing but an average album.
It is? A few years ago this was 100-150€ tops...
Anyway, I really like Paradoxx & Crystal Knight, but Bad Axe bores me out for some reason. Nothing spectacular on all three for sure to warrant those prices, though!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote:
Prowler wrote:

Auction states: "reportedly only 50 copies were ever picked up from the pressing plant"
Given the times it shows up my guess is that someone at the plant held on to the remaining copies and therefor the full quantity is in circulation anyway, or it has been bootlegged and slipped under the radar.
That could be possible too that a worker of that plant has taken the vinyls though it's surely forbidden. But after 30 years in the basement who will start a research? :wink:
I really don't wanna think about a possible bootleg ... not again ...

I don't think that Paradoxx is that bad, it is just average Metal but there's way shittier crap available in the private vinyl area. But Bad Axe songs are kinda pretty badly executed stuff. Not very well worked out or arranged, in other words it's no Leather Nunn or Wyzard, though many guys don't like Wyzard either I've learned. But the bands itself aren't to blame for the high prices of their records. So if they play crap and someone pays 1000 $ you can't blame the band for that. lol
daniel

Post by daniel »

Paradoxx isn't bad at all, just because it always goes for so much can distort opinions. Also like Crystal Knight a lot, the A-side, B-side is quite lame... but great art as well :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I don't get why Paradoxx gets so many negative reviews.
It is a very good U.S. Metal EP, Dobbs brothers were great musicians. Also Radakka were one of my favorite bands (when they were around).

I admit that the best Paradoxx songs are not even included in the EP, if they were it would be a top release.

As for the quantity, i have researched a lot over the years and what i know is
that after the mistake of the labels on the vinyls, they just got some copies for the release party and did not get all the copies that were printed. Most of the people that i asked over the years know of less than 100 copies circulated and stimate them to 50 or 60 copies.

And of course many of the copies that were auctioned over the years were by people who bought it and resold after a few years at a much higher price. This is common for many of the rarities that circulated at Ebay. Funny thing is that one time a copy of a rarity that i sold to a Swiss collector was years later sold to a Greek collector and again years after that i saw it at a Greek record fair.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote: I admit that the best Paradoxx songs are not even included in the EP, if they were it would be a top release.
This is absolutely true. Those Comp-Trax are of a much higher musical level than the EP stuff itself. If they would have placed more of these rough Metal tunes on the vinyl it would get a much higher value than "only" 1025 $ ...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

yep, those two compilation tracks are superior, but I think the songs on the 12" are good as well, especially "Live Free Or Die" 8)
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

And of course many of the copies that were auctioned over the years were by people who bought it and resold after a few years at a much higher price. This is common for many of the rarities that circulated at Ebay.
As if someone was just trying to prove my point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Street-Child-19 ... 257622bc77

"I picked this up years ago when I had some extra cash but with the way the economy and job market has been I have not been able to add to my collection for years and am looking to use the money to get some things I need."
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail