SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Avenger wrote:
stormspell wrote:I was saddened to discover one of those sellers is a well-known underground label...
And that would be?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

original?? he had sold more 2 copies of SE before...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SOLAR-EAGLE-Viny ... 2568b041cc
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

TheMetalMan wrote:original?? he had sold more 2 copies of SE before...

Funny that all of those "original" copies still have got the shrink wrap and come at least in ex or mint condition (never heard of/seen any other hyper-rare record that comes that often in perfect condition).

If this might be a genuine one then there must be a box of remaining copies, otherwise I can't explain this mystery myself. :?
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Nasty Uwe wrote:

Funny that all of those "original" copies still have got the shrink wrap and come at least in ex or mint condition (never heard of/seen any other hyper-rare record that comes that often in perfect condition).

If this might be a genuine one then there must be a box of remaining copies, otherwise I can't explain this mystery myself. :?
found his rambling about how this being "the only spare copy, don't ask for more" somehow suspicious although he didn't write such about his other 2 copies :wink:

the innersleeve does also not look too original in my eyes, even if I don't really have a clue. most potential buyers strangely seem alarmed, otherwise an "original" Solar Eagle should easily achieve more than 400 and there is no bid on it so far..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I bought a still sealed copy (for a friend that does not have internet access) from this seller on April 2010. Later on when i heard that there were "fake" Solar Eagle vinyls, i asked my friend to bring the vinyl to my house to compare it with my copy (which i got in the late '90s). The sleeve of his copy is exactly the same with mine but i never saw the vinyl because he kept it sealed.
Anyway zannalee-breda's copy that we bought must be an original.

sagrotan wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:

found his rambling about how this being "the only spare copy, don't ask for more" somehow suspicious although he didn't write such about his other 2 copies :wink:

the innersleeve does also not look too original in my eyes, even if I don't really have a clue. most potential buyers strangely seem alarmed, otherwise an "original" Solar Eagle should easily achieve more than 400 and there is no bid on it so far..
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Is this the real one?

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SOLAR-EAGLE-1988 ... 35c72a226c

I'm not interested btw, just wondering
Long Live The Loud !!!
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Looks real to me.I think the boot was "Charter to nowhere" demo

The Sentinel wrote:Is this the real one?

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SOLAR-EAGLE-1988 ... 35c72a226c

I'm not interested btw, just wondering
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

[quote="Buried By Time and Dust"]Looks real to me.I think the boot was "Charter to nowhere" demo

/quote]

There's a boot of the EP too :-(
Hafta see the spine or inside the cover to tell for sure, but this one is probably legit; I don't think any of the boot copies were wrapped.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

YEs, there was a boot circulating some years ago.

I really hope this one along with the demo will be reissued some day. Happened to Virtue which I really thought it never would see the light of day.
Long Live The Loud !!!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

nightsblood wrote:I don't think any of the boot copies were wrapped.
They were.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yep, the recent bootleg came sealed, too.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Yep, the recent bootleg came sealed, too.
my mistake, thanks for clarifying.
anyone interested in the auction should then ask for a picture of the spine.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

It's probably the real deal, considering the text (which might be fake of course), and the reliability of the seller. Also, the shrink has holes in it, which could be an indication that the item was in fact sealed back in the late 80's.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I remember that replica/bootlegs LPs are sealed in a different way than originals were. I mean ones were sealed in the middle of the back sleeve (like the one at the auction) and the others were classic sealed at the openning.

The only problem is that since i unsealed my own original (and threw away the shrink) more than 10 years ago, i don't remember for sure but i think that it was sealed the same way like the one at the auction. Anyway the spine is the easiest way to check.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
mordred

Post by mordred »

So what's the difference in the spine between the bootleg and the original? There's another copy up on Ebay right now that shows a photo of the spine.

Anyway I hope some day the Solar Eagle EP gets reissued, maybe with the demo as bonus material. I think it's great music but the original EP costs way more than I could ever imagine throwing on a record. A bootleg is worthless to me.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D