SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

mordred wrote:So what's the difference in the spine between the bootleg and the original? There's another copy up on Ebay right now that shows a photo of the spine.

Anyway I hope some day the Solar Eagle EP gets reissued, maybe with the demo as bonus material. I think it's great music but the original EP costs way more than I could ever imagine throwing on a record. A bootleg is worthless to me.
The bootleg does not have the band, title etc . details printed.
From their photos, both Ebay copies look original.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
leifkr

Re: SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

Post by leifkr »

A few copies of what is supposed to be the original at Discogs at the moment, most of them located in London, but also Neseblod here in Norway got one. Seems like the drummer or someone related is the source. Anyone knowing something?
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

the SOLAR EAGLE musician was at Utrecht record fair and sold copies to dealers and collectors..that is the story...and he still sends some that he did not carry with him in Europe.....
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Thank you for the information, Peter. Should be the real deal then.
msp

Post by msp »

I've seen three copies in London now

There are also some copies of the demo tape floating about too.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

They're original as stated on Discogs?
Unknown

Post by Unknown »

The records in London and at Neseblod are real, and legitimate. I know this because I there when they were given to the seller by the band member, and when the seller sold them in London and at Neseblod. They are in good condition because they were kept well for 30 years without being disturbed or damaged. They were obtained directly from one of the band members with whom I've regular contact.

The original album looks like this:

The reprint looks like this:

I've been told that a counterfeiter is pressing fake copies, and selling them as originals. This is a shame, but hard to stop. It's obviously very difficult to prove authenticity, but I have a suggestion. If you end up purchasing one of these, make a note of who you bought it from, and trace it as far back as possible. There aren't many being sold, so they can usually be tracked back to the band. If anyone wants more details, pm me and I'll try to assist. While I can't prove counterfeits with just photographs, if you post photos of what you bought, I will be able to verify it with a band member.