Future Tense - Crossing the Swords...Again

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Destrozer

Future Tense - Crossing the Swords...Again

Post by Destrozer »

Is this to be found anywhere? Why is Metal this good so limited? :(
Well, should blame myself for trading my copy away...
Thanks!
lynx

Post by lynx »

Keep in mind that it came out in 2004, so it was a while ago.

I've finally come to the conclusion that pressings of 500 are not really limited, they are standard for underground releases of any style. Pressings of less than 500 are usually a lie because they cost much more to press per record and most plants will not even do them. I do think that these days with some metal releases (not necessarily this one) some people often keep 50-300 and don't sell them so that they can sell them later for ridiculous amounts of money.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

lynx wrote:Keep in mind that it came out in 2004, so it was a while ago.

I've finally come to the conclusion that pressings of 500 are not really limited, they are standard for underground releases of any style. Pressings of less than 500 are usually a lie because they cost much more to press per record and most plants will not even do them. I do think that these days with some metal releases (not necessarily this one) some people often keep 50-300 and don't sell them so that they can sell them later for ridiculous amounts of money.
Any examples? Because i don't buy into that, if you have a label i'm pretty sure you want to sell out as fast as possible and just keep very few copies for exeptional reasons. You have zero garanties that there is a demand for your release if you keep half of your edition stocked in the attic for ten years or so.

On topic: yes, this is a fantastic LP, maybe my favorite from Doomed Planet together with the two SLOUGH FEGs. I did get it recently from Fils Du Metal who used to have the whole back catalog of that label, ask him!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Ι think that yes,they do keep a few copies,less than the number you mention above,but it is likely that they press less than 500 indeed,500 might sound too little,but you can't find 500 people who would buy a record that easy,no matter how low this number might sound to be!Unless it is a KILLER record,it won't sell rapidly.Future Tense is not in the KILLER bands league,I like the band very much but the same doesn't go for most of the fans out there.Rellik or Apollo Ra played a more popular style and almost sold out all copies but it's not the same with ANY band.
Never trust the Goblin King....
doomedplanet

Re: Future Tense - Crossing the Swords...Again

Post by doomedplanet »

Keep in mind that when I released this lp, there wasn't the craze for vinyl like in the last years. It took me quite some time and effort to sell all these 500 copies, so 500 was just enough. It is a killer record and I sold it well enough to justify the HUGE effort it took to release this one. I guess If I had made 1000 copies I would still be flogging it to this day. Keep in mind a couple of killer releases at the end of my label still remain in stock, this is because many metalheads really aren't into buying old underground metal releases, even if they say they are. They don't put their money where their mouth is and actually buy these cult type records, they want the high profile bands.
Destrozer wrote:Is this to be found anywhere? Why is Metal this good so limited? :(
Well, should blame myself for trading my copy away...
Thanks!
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

doomedplanet wrote:Keep in mind that when I released this lp, there wasn't the craze for vinyl like in the last years. It took me quite some time and effort to sell all these 500 copies, so 500 was just enough. It is a killer record and I sold it well enough to justify the HUGE effort it took to release this one. I guess If I had made 1000 copies I would still be flogging it to this day. Keep in mind a couple of killer releases at the end of my label still remain in stock, this is because many metalheads really aren't into buying old underground metal releases, even if they say they are. They don't put their money where their mouth is and actually buy these cult type records, they want the high profile bands.
I know it is off topic but which ones are still available?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I think my favourite DP release is the TRAMONTANE LP :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I bought my copy on german Ebay last year I think. Dont think Ive seen any copies before or after that.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

By the way, what about the discography on Austral Holocaust?

When I got in touch with the label I got no answer to the first 5-6 emails sent during the past year
A few weeks ago (exactly a the end of march) I wrote again and he said that I bothered him and that the CD was going to print right the next monday.

But I haven't seen anything yet, not in distros nor on ebay....
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

chatzial wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:Keep in mind that when I released this lp, there wasn't the craze for vinyl like in the last years. It took me quite some time and effort to sell all these 500 copies, so 500 was just enough. It is a killer record and I sold it well enough to justify the HUGE effort it took to release this one. I guess If I had made 1000 copies I would still be flogging it to this day. Keep in mind a couple of killer releases at the end of my label still remain in stock, this is because many metalheads really aren't into buying old underground metal releases, even if they say they are. They don't put their money where their mouth is and actually buy these cult type records, they want the high profile bands.
I know it is off topic but which ones are still available?
I'll hazard a guess here: Jack the Ripper and Ikki Crane are both hard to sell on ebay, even for a few $, so those are probably still in. Strange, as both are pretty good.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Arson, Aceium and Invicta are the only in stock releases, all others sold out long ago. In the EU I suggest you buy from this seller who bought a pile of copies from me some months ago:
http://rock-lion.nl/
He seems to charge 25 euro for them which seems high, but I guess that is approximately what they would cost from me including the postage from the US unfortunately. Mario got them for much cheaper than that but I guess he wanted to stock a lot of copies for the future?
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

jnfernal wrote:By the way, what about the discography on Austral Holocaust?

When I got in touch with the label I got no answer to the first 5-6 emails sent during the past year
A few weeks ago (exactly a the end of march) I wrote again and he said that I bothered him and that the CD was going to print right the next monday.

But I haven't seen anything yet, not in distros nor on ebay....
This is what I got in the mails today:

FUTURE TENSE
(The Netherlands)
"The Final Cut"
Digipak 016

This band needs no introduction for those in old school Heavy Metal! this is compilation with ALL! the works, official and rare stuff recorded during all the bands years!

Satanic Heavy Metal is what you can expect here! Not for Power gay faggots! Just pure Obscure cult Heavy Metal!

An obscure artwork was made exclusively for this release in hands of artist Alan "Corpse" fits perfectly this ritualistic Heavy Metal Masterpiece!
Tons of pictures from 80's and from the last reunion gig the band gave in Holland! + lyrics, all packed in noble Digipak!

Satan’s gonna get you
There’s nothing you can do
There’s one thing we demand of god
...Go to Hell!!!

Also Available in 250 limited Die Hard box including CD + Patch + Poster and 12" Box!!
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Not for Power gay faggots!
Oh dear.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Not for Power gay faggots!
Oh dear.
I think it's a reference to the modern sub-genre.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

so,again, who i have to write to get this?