Vinyl price survey

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.

Would you pledge $50 for limited vinyl + a test pressing as bonus

Yes, I will
50%
No, I wont
50%

Total votes: 28

Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

LethylSteel wrote:But the charm of a testpressing is mostly the fact that just a handful do exist. If you manufacture hundreds of them then the charm is lost and I'd rather order the real record and ignore "the blank one". I buy underground testpressings because I know there are just 10 copies made.
Dude, if we could get "hundreds" in preorders I'd have made gazillion vinyl releases by now...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Yes, 10 copies really should be the maximum.
If we make 10 test pressings then I'd rather give half to the band and keep the rest for myself and close friends.

We're offering a package of regular LP + Test pressing for $50 which also includes free shipping worldwide - basically we ARE giving the test pressing as bonus for a handful of bucks. Why should we limit it and then watch it resold for fucking crazy price on eGay?

Screw this, if we do it we will make as many as needed so people which are after test pressings will not have to sell a kidney to get one. There wouldn't be more than 15-20 pre-orders for the package anyway, so they will be limited enough.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

But if 10 are made or 20 are being made doesn't differs in the expected ebay price, eh? :wink:
Thought you are talking about 100 copies or so...and they will end up at ebay anyway. There's no way to avoid that. So if you want to cut down the ebay connection and expected profit you'll have to press 300 testpressings that noone would show interest in 'em. That's the only way to avoid that. :roll:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

LethylSteel wrote:But if 10 are made or 20 are being made doesn't differs in the expected ebay price, eh? :wink:
Technically yes, but at least we would have given a chance to everyone interested to get one cheap.
Thought you are talking about 100 copies or so...
If there are 100 people interested in pre-ordering, we will make 100 test pressings. although with 70+ releases under my belt I know what's realistic to expect.
and they will end up at ebay anyway. There's no way to avoid that.
That's fine. It is an open economy and if there are resellers interested in buying stock to resell on eGay - more power to them. I only gave eBay as example if we limit to something ridiculous. If the offer is open to everyone, eBay speculations would be far less.
So if you want to cut down the ebay connection and expected profit you'll have to press 300 testpressings that noone would show interest in 'em. That's the only way to avoid that. :roll:
That wasn't my intention at all. If no one pre-orders the test pressing package - we make only 10 tests for our own use - problem solved.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I vote to stay a CD label and not sell-out to vinyl.

I bet half of your sales go to vinyl collectors anyway.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'll have my hand on a vinyl release, even if just for once. The question is when...