Dammaj-Mutiny

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Knell

Dammaj-Mutiny

Post by The Knell »

the common roadrunner is a license pressing from par records as stated on the backcover. was it actually released by par records on vinyl? i know par recs are relatively hard to come by but ive never seen this album as an us press.

bulldozer day of wrath was an original roadrunner press, right?
Fire Down Under

Re: Dammaj-Mutiny

Post by Fire Down Under »

The Knell wrote: bulldozer day of wrath was an original roadrunner press, right?
don't own this one but as far as I'm informed the original press was on Roadrunner!
TheGreatEscape

Re: Dammaj-Mutiny

Post by TheGreatEscape »

The Knell wrote:the common roadrunner is a license pressing from par records as stated on the backcover. was it actually released by par records on vinyl? i know par recs are relatively hard to come by but ive never seen this album as an us press.

As far as I heard from Jim Cranford (O.P.M.Records), Par Records did never release this great album - but please ask Glockose, I'm pretty sure he knows more details about this.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Never seen a Par Records edition either. That "Licensed from ... Records" doesn't always mean that the album was ever pressed on that label, they only had the rights to press it and some of such record companies who couldn't afford to press the record or simply didn't believe it would sell and didn't want to waste money, simply licensed the album to any other company and this way got a bit money in their own pockets.