THOR - EPs

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Fire Down Under

THOR - EPs

Post by Fire Down Under »

Anyone of you seen there obscvre-as-fvkk THOR items such as "Gladiator", "Striking Viking" or "Muscle Rock"? Very mysterious that there's actually none or very little info out there, neither about the covers nor tracklistings nor.......
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Some of the greatest Metal-collector mysteries for sure.. My best bet is that Mr. Thor merely refered to these recordings as "EPs" when they were in fact tape demos. At best we're talking about test-pressings/acetates here, but that's pushing it..
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

there were a bunch of 70ies Thor 7"es on ebay a year or two ago but I dont remember the titles. I recall there was something with Gladiator but maybe I'm halucinating
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I want to remember seeing Striking Viking on auction about 3 years ago... But it had pretty much no description and no pictures so I never bothered bidding on it.

Could have been the real thing but I think it was most likely a scam to earn money of hardcore Thor collectors.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Why not trying to contact Frank Soda(former guitar player of Thor and the Imps),except Thor, who else might know more ?

http://stevebriggs.netfirms.com/franksoda/bio.html

Note that in his biography/discography he does not mention any official recordings with Thor(he only generally speaks of touring and recording,maybe he refers to some demos?),it is not surprising seeing that he is generous with details on the rest of his career and releases?
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

DaN wrote:Some of the greatest Metal-collector mysteries for sure.. My best bet is that Mr. Thor merely refered to these recordings as "EPs" when they were in fact tape demos. At best we're talking about test-pressings/acetates here, but that's pushing it..
could this be the reason why these items were deleted on metal-archives?