Asparez (Armenia) LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

lunaboy wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:
lunaboy wrote:OK guys.I did a bit Detective work (Used Russian Google and even Armenian Google + languages ) and at least found one FREE Song of ASPAREZ.

LINK

Look for АСПАРЕЗ - "Хелагар Дар".

P.S Nothing special to tell the truth.Very uninspiring Hard Rock.
The track with the link isn't taken from the LP. To be serious that LP is a real gem. Easily one of the best ex-russian LP's ever and has to be mentioned with Magnit, Katedra, Aria in one and the same breath!
The guitar work is in places extraordinary, especially the solos. The vocalist comes close to the first Katedra LP, some songs on the LP as well while when they speed up it's like you think that could be the speedy Magnit opener but with keyboards. I'd label it as a mix of Magnit and Katedra. There are 2 weaker trax but the rest is godly Metal. Belongs to every well sorted eastern Europe collection. :!:
C'mon!!! This band is MILES away from ARIA or KATEDRA.I've had a chance to hear full LP so I'd say that its very cheesy.Very boring(No memoralbe tracks on it , production sucks,VOCALS - SUCKS).Sorry,but this one is just your defense because you bought this LP.This one is BAD.VERY BAD.
Wahaha ... :lol:
Seriously, I need to defend a 20 $ purchase? I've bought 180 $ records and called them purest garbage in the public. These 20 $ I pay like buying a bread in a bakery. :lol:
I don't know which record you've heard, but it for sure wasn't Asparez. :wink:
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDe4_N2 ... ideo_title

Here's a youtube track from the LP plus some more MP3's taken from the vinyl as well:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RWRZENG
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The production is of traditional Soviet-thinness and the vocals are kinda corny, but I'm leaning towards LethylSteel's side in this debate - rough edges aside it sounds pretty darn great to these ears. Should definitely cater to all fans and 'experienced' listeners of CCCP-Steel.

@LS: Since I have CCCP-collecting-ADD I fucking NEED this, badly. If there's any chance in hell you'll trade it, email me your wantlist.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

DaN wrote:
@LS: Since I have CCCP-collecting-ADD I fucking NEED this, badly. If there's any chance in hell you'll trade it, email me your wantlist.
No way! :wink:
I'm in love with this album except of 3 trax that I don't like (2 are total garbage, the third I just don't like). What was the most confusing fact is that I found this LP in France (in mint condition - looked like never used!) and I know quite a handful russian guys who don't have a copy themselves. It's a true mystery what was going on in Russia in 1989/90/91. The same goes for Katedra's debut.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

LethylSteel wrote: What was the most confusing fact is that I found this LP in France
There are many Armenians in France, propably some would search for Amenian metal releases.