Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
roihlem

Post#16 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 am

I guess you mean Conexiuni....saw it a few times on Ebay. But I have in my mind that the cover had brown colours and showing the bandmembers...but maybe this was the backcover then...

perishinflames

Post#17 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 am

Just noticed the b-side label of my Ground Zero - Etherealize 7" says "NOT FOR SALE", is it a promo or something? It's not a stamp, but is printed on the label as normal. Just wondering as none of my other Explosion stuff is like this.

doomedplanet

Post#18 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 am

Commando "Templul Placerilor" I got it in a trade back in the 90's, very obscure piece. It is worth getting for the great cover alone. I can't comment on the music since I forget what it would like and my cartridge is out for repairs.
lunaboy wrote:Today at record fair I came across one unknown band from Romania.This LP is released on Electrecord records 1992 (yellow cover).On back is band photo (guys looks like hard/heavy/glam maniacs) but cant remember name of this band.The first letter is C and it sounds like COMANDORES or something like that... Tryed to find some info on Discogs but no luck ...

lunaboy

Post#19 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

doomedplanet wrote:Commando "Templul Placerilor" I got it in a trade back in the 90's, very obscure piece. It is worth getting for the great cover alone. I can't comment on the music since I forget what it would like and my cartridge is out for repairs.
lunaboy wrote:Today at record fair I came across one unknown band from Romania.This LP is released on Electrecord records 1992 (yellow cover).On back is band photo (guys looks like hard/heavy/glam maniacs) but cant remember name of this band.The first letter is C and it sounds like COMANDORES or something like that... Tryed to find some info on Discogs but no luck ...
Yeah.This is the same band.Anyone can upload some samples???

http://www.okazii.ro/catalog/28245507/V ... ml#galerie

Pestkrieg

Post#20 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Protector - Urn the Mad - Promo LP

Not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to be a white label promo/test press of this LP on H-Bomb, just in a white inner sleeve. Any ideas on value/rarity?

Rick

Post#21 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 am

Recently I got a Kreator's 'Behind the Mirror' picture 12" but without the die cut sleeve; it comes in a white paper sleeve and a thick plastic transparent one. I think some were released without the die cut sleeve. Can anyone confirm this?

MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post#22 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 am

quick question, was Griffin first album released on tape too when it came out?

The Sentinel

Post#23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

MANIA: No Lullabies LP

Is this one worth getting? Something in the vein of Max Lynx?
Long Live The Loud !!!

perishinflames

Post#24 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm

The UK band First Blood from the RKT Papplewick Pond LP, has anyone heard their demos? I really love the track from the compilation, wondering if the demo stuff is just as good?

zeuhl

Post#25 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 am

Is the ER MALAK self-titled album from 1993 with English lyrics worth getting? I normally prefer the versions sung in a native language, but I guess the original one in this case is a pain in the ass to find... Also, how much should I be prepared to pay for it?

zeuhl

Post#26 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 pm

The 2nd ALVACAST LP, "Inocente...", comes in two different covers. Both are released by Orfeo, I guess. Which is the original?

or

Difference in rarity and/or price range?

Keir

Post#27 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Hoping some French experts can help me out with a couple comps:

Puissance 4 - year of release? Sounds like late 70s to me.

First Boulon On The Rock's (aka Rock À Boulon) - Again, no year on the record or sleeve, though I read somewhere that it was 1979. More importantly though are the names of the song titles which are no where to be found!

LaGouille

Post#28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 pm

1979-1980 (both)

Nonseinormale65

Post#29 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

As stated in "Made In France 1978/2008(The French metal encyclopedia)the year of release of PUISSANCE 4 is 1984,the author says that this comp has gatefold cover and it includes DRAM and WARNING(not the band that realized three albums);Boulon on the rocks was issued in 1979(sorry, i don't know the tracklist,the bands are G.F.P.S. RAOUL PETITE , ROTOR, NS ROCK , 1/4 DE TOUR, EXODE, MFP, DYONYSOS, ANADESIS, JAZZ, LAPSUS.

I hope to be helpful.
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.

Keir

Post#30 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks for the info! Wow, 84? Everything from the music to the sleeve design to the picture of the bands on the back says late 70s to me.