Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

gauze wrote:Can anyone pull out their copy of Medieval-Medieval Kills! LP and check the matrix etching? I have a test press and it doesn't match the official release's catalog number (which I don't have to check against) of NRR-34 but has NRR-37 instead which is a Deadly Blessing LP apparently. The music is correct however, just wondering if I have a rejected test or something basically.

thanks
my regular vinyl has NRR 37 on the matrix too.
gauze

Post by gauze »

ok thanks.
the future language
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Just to cement this further, mine has CRR-37 too.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Don't you nement ever again! :D
gauze

Post by gauze »

been trying to find info on this press of Metallica-Ride The Lightning Picture Disk LP on Vertigo/Phonogram copyright date 1989 with a radiation symbol die cut into the outer cover, catalog number 838 140-1 no mention of country of release, no readable matrix numbers, label code: "LC1638" (which is unlisted in rateyourmusic.com list) not sure what this is: "PG901" (Phonogram catalog number maybe)

Any help with this one? Thinking it might be a bootleg.
the future language
estebaan

Post by estebaan »

gauze wrote:been trying to find info on this press of Metallica-Ride The Lightning Picture Disk LP on Vertigo/Phonogram copyright date 1989 with a radiation symbol die cut into the outer cover, catalog number 838 140-1 no mention of country of release, no readable matrix numbers, label code: "LC1638" (which is unlisted in rateyourmusic.com list) not sure what this is: "PG901" (Phonogram catalog number maybe)

Any help with this one? Thinking it might be a bootleg.
Not sure if this helps or not, but I have had experience with another Metallica bootleg which was supplied with the same radiation die cut sleeve. It was supposed to be the 'Black' album as a picture disc, but obviously it was a boot (I don't believe the black album was ever released as a single disc? in any event this one was pressed with Pink Floyd or something similar on the disc itself). So I'd be aware on that one.
gauze

Post by gauze »

This has the correct music but the pressing/mastering of the disk sounds prettu bad. it was only $10 at any rate just curious about it when I couldn't find it on discogs.com or 2 other online discographies including one with like 40 different Metallica picture discs
the future language
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

ROCK CHILD LP ( Or MLP?) ( Tx,USA).Year is unclear.Is this one any good? I have a chance to get some copies quite cheap.Thanks.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

How does Canadian MAGIK sound?The ones with the 12" on a white cover with a black logo,I got it for 1$ but is it good?
Never trust the Goblin King....
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Trigger wrote:How does Canadian MAGIK sound?The ones with the 12" on a white cover with a black logo,I got it for 1$ but is it good?
For $1 it is OK..
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I see...up for trade then...
Never trust the Goblin King....
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

someone offered me 150$ for my Leprossy - Wicked Reich LP w/ insert. is it really worth that much?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

The Knell wrote:someone offered me 150$ for my Leprossy - Wicked Reich LP w/ insert. is it really worth that much?
http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Details ... 0756827132

Could have been a fluke, but it's certainly not easy to find.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

perishinflames wrote:
The Knell wrote:someone offered me 150$ for my Leprossy - Wicked Reich LP w/ insert. is it really worth that much?
http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Details ... 0756827132

Could have been a fluke, but it's certainly not easy to find.
thanks...i really didnt know. i only knew the CD on Avanzada Metalica is as rare as the Impact one.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Of course not. Got mine for 40 DM and neither it's worth 150 $ musically nor seen by the quantity of copies. It for sure rarely pops up nowadays but then you need to pay 150 $ for any average album pressed in a 500-1000 copies edition. More than 50-60 $ I surely wouldn't invest anymore. That album is not bad (not that you understand something wrong) but never worth 150 $.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...