Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

I have seen this LP on record shops with a price of 15 Euros.

Never picked it up, probably never will. You see, I still remember the London gig fiasco.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

George wrote:How much yould you give for Epidemic's - Industrial LP on Molon Lave Records?
A friend of mine wants to sell it to me for 20 euro.
Is it a good deal?
No way! First of all you should like modern Thrash like Sepultura on "Roots.." (post "Arise" era) and just 2 weeks ago I've seen a copy for 5 $ at ebay. Noone wants this vinyl (gave mine away right after I bought it many moons ago) so the price is down...10 E for a first listen might be ok, but if you're not into modern Thrash you won't like it I'm sure.
George

Post by George »

Yeah I've learned about the London gig story. Pretty foolish.
So I'll try to lower the price if I can to about 5-7 euros and if not, I'll leave it. I'm not into modern thrash ( I hate it), but you know I only wanted it for ''historycal'' reasons. :P
What about Flames - Greatest Hits LP?
My Mother, she told me off today and so I killed her.
But not really, she is still alive inside my head .
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Flames - Greatest Hits. Well, no more than 20 Euros if you ask me. Historical reasons, again? :P

Anyway, what is it with you and collecting LPs of some of the most notorious bands of our scene? I suppose the next question would be about Exoristoi. :P
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
humus

Post by humus »

Is there a complete discography for Roadrunner records around? The LP releases from the 80's and early 90's.
George

Post by George »

Haha! I really don't know mate.
Basically the 80's - early 90's Greek thrash scene doesn't have much to offer.
Very few things to be exact.
About Epidemic I'm not sure if I buy it, but the Flames Greatest Hits LP is a good choise, only becouse all the other albums of the band are really expensive these days. If you look in Ebay you'll find Nomen Illi Mors for 140 $. :shock:

@humus:
I was wandering the same thing today and I'm trying to make a decent list.
And the Roadracer releases makes it even harder...
humus

Post by humus »

George wrote:@humus:
I was wandering the same thing today and I'm trying to make a decent list.
And the Roadracer releases makes it even harder...
I've found that you can find almost all albums if you just google search RR+random catalogue number. But there are hundreds (thousands?) of records so that would take a while...

Greece had some nice bands like Mortal pain and (my personal favourite) Death courier!!! Not pure thrash bands though...
GJ

Post by GJ »

At last I found some tiny info about this obscure band called Russia which I've questioned about a couple of times to no reply. Seems they made an album too. Pretty good stuff, more people should be aware of them. The Emmerdale Farm connection should raise some interest methinks. :D

From my original post:
[...]Finally this british 12-inch single which I got from my brother as he thought it would fit better in my collection. He first ordered it in about 1990 - the seller claiming that a member from Tank would be on it (???).
Russia - National Homicide/Filth Patrol released on Impact, Catalogue no JSMT 0001 again no year of release (probably late eighties -very early nineties). Musically it's slightly punkish nwobhm styled Hard Rock (not too far from Tank - Rose Tattoo also comes to mind).

[...]
Some info found on: Image
Aged 9, joined junior school choir.
Aged 13, joined high school choir and also local church choir
Aged 15, left school, got a job, bought bass guitar with first wage packet.
Aged 17 or 18, (it's a bit vague after all these years) got together with a guitarist buddy and a drum machine and formed my first band 'Pickaxe' (metal)
We eventualy got a drummer and gigged around for a few years before it fizzled out.
Aged 21, Joined 'The Filth Patrol' (5 piece punk/metal) as vocalist.
Aged 22, Joined 'The Junk Virgins' (4 piece avant-garde Talking Heads type of stuff) as bass player and backing vocalist. Meanwhile, the Filth Patrol's bassist left to become an actor (Dominic Brunt AKA 'Paddy' on Emmerdale Farm) so I took over on bass as well as remaining on vocals. We then changed our name to 'Russia' and got a record deal (Impact Records) Released a single and an album. Was ordered to leave Junk Virgins due to contractual reasons. Got off to a bad start with the record company, who had also somehow become our management team and were now taking two different percentages off us. Our relationship continued to plummet.
Aged 23, Became a drug addict and alcoholic due to stress, had a breakdown. Left Russia and took a little time out.
Aged 25, Managed to clean my act up enough to join 'Bad Habits' (rhythm & blues) as bassist + backing vocals.
Aged 29, Bad Habits guitarist moved to France, band split.
Aged 30, Joined 'Indecision' (4 piece pub rock) as bassist + backing vocalist.
Aged 31, Indecision split, formed 'The Three Amigos' (3 piece pub rock) with Indecision's drummer and guitarist as bassist and lead vocalist (We actualy sacked the singer and changed our name, but it was his band, so officialy, we all left the band and put a new band together without him. ;) )
Aged 32, Three Amigos added keyboard player and a lead vocalist and became a 5 piece clubland/cabaret act called 'Hit & Run'
Aged 33, Keyboard player and vocalist left so we reverted to Three Amigos.
Aged 34, Left Three Amigos and formed another three piece 'Clockwork Zombie' as bassist and lead vocalist (fast punk/metal) Released an album.
Aged 35, Band split, joined 'Darkside' (6 piece avant-garde/punk/rock) as bassist. Released two albums, also recorded and released first solo album under the guise of 'Mr Phix'
Aged 36, Formed 'Slack Babbath' (Black Sabbath) as lead vocalist and Ozzy impersonator 'Quazi Washboard' along with the guitarist and drummer from The Three Amigos, plus a bass player. Recorded second solo album under Mr Phix.
Aged 40, Put together side project with Babbath's bassist called 'Phi' recorded loads of new material. Never gigged, band fizzled.
Aged 41, Present day. Still in Slack Babbath, plans afoot for us to form a different 'original' band with the same members of Babbath, initialy using the material written by me and the bassist during our 'Phi' sessions, which we hope to expand upon.
We just have to find the time somehow.
Still writing whenever I get a chance.
Recently took up painting landscapes in oils.... I must be getting old. :rolleyes:
Last edited by GJ on Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Great pic GJ, the books to the left of the LP look extremely familiar too. Had to check that mine were in place when I saw it.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
GJ

Post by GJ »

...and they weren't? :wink:

No, most of them were bought either at Far Out Records in Uppsala or Got To Hurry in Gamla Stan, Stockholm back in the mid to late nineties.

Good books for drooling at.
humus

Post by humus »

Just realized that my two copies of Detente 'Recognize my authority' LP are on different labels: Metal blade & Roadrunner. Just EU and US pressing?
George

Post by George »

humus wrote:Just realized that my two copies of Detente 'Recognize my authority' LP are on different labels: Metal blade & Roadrunner. Just EU and US pressing?
Yes I think it's just US and Dutch pressings.
And according to musiksammler.de the Metal Blade pressing has and extra Text/Leaflet.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Hello,
is anyone familiar with this band/single that i’ve got the other day:

Name is RUSTY NAIL and the tracks are “In The Claws Of Rock’N’Roll”/”Caught in the Cobweb”. No label, no year, no origin. Is this the German band who did the ”Girls Get Older“ single? Or is it the swiss band with the same name?

Both tracks are good btw, solid hardrock/metal, nothing special though, could be early or mid 80s.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Shawn

Bathory vinyl on Maze? & Korean Pressings

Post by Shawn »

I'm trying to complete my Bathory collection and was hoping someone could give me some info on the following:

Is there a vinyl version of Blood Fire Death on Maze? I have found info to suggest there is but I've never seen a copy!

And I have The following Korean pressings but I need to know if there's more please:

Under The Sign - King KPL 3055

Hammerheart - Seoul SIPR 038

Twilight Of The Gods - King KPL 3034
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Having dug a bit deeper I found this info:

Released on Kraze (which I believe to be the US sub-label of the Canadian Maze label??) in 1990 with catalogue number ML 1063.

Can anyone please confirm this and whether Maze/ Kraze were an "official" label?