Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Astra Wally wrote:HERMETIC BROTHERHOOD - s/t
This one i can confrim, yes! Don't know about the other.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

ok thanks
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

TheMetalMan wrote:
Heavy wrote:I don't know if this has been answered already... the question is connected to the Metal Blade vinyls and the coloured labels... an example: I have white labels on the LP Omen - Battle Cry, I've seen a golden colour labeled one for sale somewhere and read about a silver labeled one being on sale somewhere else. So what's up with these - one is first press and others are re-press? Thanks in advance for the answer.

my labels are more beige than white, and know i see for the 1st time that my vinyl is translucent. I think that the silver labels are the 1st pressing... golden colour labeled never seen...
Thanks... I presume that the golden labeled one was either a promo of some sorts (if I recall correctly it was advertised as a radio promo) or someone coloured it... but then again - the LP was photographed at an angle so it could also have been the silver label reflecting the light or sth.

Another question - do all of Metal Blade's first presses have silver labels (until Enigma stepped in) or were they used just for a certain period of time?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Spitfire (UK)"So you want to be a Rock n Roll star" 7"EP 82

Was it ever released with PS?
humus

Post by humus »

humus wrote:I'll just post this here.
Does anyone have the snail mail or e-mail contact for Tales of medusa? I received a letter with their last record but no reply address...and I threw away the package.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Can someone tell something about Canadian Hard Rock (?) band DRAGON FLY ? Good? Bad ?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

lunaboy wrote:Can someone tell something about Canadian Hard Rock (?) band DRAGON FLY ? Good? Bad ?
Avoid it by any means! Killer cover but it's closer to Rock music...absolutely lame rock'n'rollish Hard Rock/Rock crap! It's even called Chapter 1 so I pray that there's no Chapter 2 available... :lol:
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

anyone knows if Witchfynde's "Cloak And Dagger" PIC LP came with a cover? Or was it just in a common protective sleeve?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I recently got a copy of SPITFIRE's "First Attack" LP. Apparently this one is made in Mexico, with the titles in Spanish on the back sleeve and all. This was also released in its home land of Greece, right? I had another copy long ago and I don't remember it being Mexican. Who knows more about this curio?
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Interesting... :?

Yes, SPITFIRE's First Attack was released by EMI Greece. I was not aware of any other foreign pressings.

More info is desired! :)
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Some quick pics:

GJ

Post by GJ »

Guess I'm in need of a new computer + some recording equipment.

Should I sell my original Graven Image - People in hell... EP and Satan - Heads will Roll single? And if I do, what should I charge for them? After all I have the Graven Image picture disc and the new Satan LP with the single replica...

I guess I would rather sell them to someone I know (of) than someone completely unknown. I definitely want to avoid trouble with non-serious/hard-to-get-hold-of people.

Oooooh - how troubled I am... :cry:
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

GJ wrote:Guess I'm in need of a new computer + some recording equipment.

Should I sell my original Graven Image - People in hell... EP and Satan - Heads will Roll single? And if I do, what should I charge for them? After all I have the Graven Image picture disc and the new Satan LP with the single replica...

I guess I would rather sell them to someone I know (of) than someone completely unknown. I definitely want to avoid trouble with non-serious/hard-to-get-hold-of people.

You should be lucky if you get around 5 $ each.

If you want to I can take both IF you pay the shipping so you don´t have to bother selling such crap on this forum. :roll:

On the more serious side, a copy of Satan sold for 2400 SEK on tradera this weekend which I think is a bit too much.

Graven image around 500-600 $ according to popsike. (400-1200 $)
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Le fjump wrote:
GJ wrote:Guess I'm in need of a new computer + some recording equipment.

You should be lucky if you get around 5 $ each.

If you want to I can take both IF you pay the shipping so you don´t have to bother selling such crap on this forum. :roll:

On the more serious side, a copy of Satan sold for 2400 SEK on tradera this weekend which I think is a bit too much.

Graven image around 500-600 $ according to popsike. (400-1200 $)
I shall consider your offers. :D

Thanks for the info!

Hm, I guess one could try ebay/tradera... But after reading some horror stories around here I'm kind of afraid to meet those "evil people" who seem to have set in system to make complaints and claim refunds...

I'm a complete novice in this business - have never used Ebay (at all) and only bought stuff through Tradera.
George

Post by George »

How much yould you give for Epidemic's - Industrial LP on Molon Lave Records?
A friend of mine wants to sell it to me for 20 euro.
Is it a good deal?
My Mother, she told me off today and so I killed her.
But not really, she is still alive inside my head .