Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Don't know if this one was posted here, but I just found:

http://www.popsike.com/INVOCATOR-DEMO-A ... 46964.html

really???? Which are the most priced metal demo tapes (save for Metallica and other mainstream bands)??
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Pretty sure I saw another copy of that demo sold last year for less than $40... not 100% sure though. Usually the only really spendy demos are more well known bands or supreme-kvlt acts (btw how much is Necrovore worth?) Most average thrash stuff stays at reasonable prices.
wom

Post by wom »

However i have seen a swedish death metal demotape sold at ebay for 400$
humus

Post by humus »

anthares

Post by anthares »

sovdat wrote:Don't know if this one was posted here, but I just found:

really???? Which are the most priced metal demo tapes (save for Metallica and other mainstream bands)??
I think i have to crab my tapes from attic!
Reapersgrave

Post by Reapersgrave »

sovdat wrote:Don't know if this one was posted here, but I just found:

Tape looks very new for demo.

Also I always wonder if metallica and necrovore depend on generation and if it is confirmed to be directly from the band. Those demos have been copied and dubbed over so many times that some copies probably aren't even audible. They'd probably only be worth something as a 1st generation dub or original copy from the band. Like Brian Slagal selling a copy of No Life til Leather rather than Joe thrasher's copy he recorded off a friend's tape deck in 1984.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

That's ridiculous for the SQ IMO. Of course, I don't even like the single so I'm biased. I honestly don't remember seeing it sell that high before (two last year sold for $76 and $850, and yes, that's seventy-six dollars).

I would LOVE to have the Sapphire, it's definitely a Top 10 Want for me, and probably a Top 5. That's the first one I've seen sold with the sleeve. At that price, it's gonna stay on my want list :(

I did not care for the way the guy handled his auctions; he re-started everything after a few days once he realized he had some top stuff, and the new listings were hyping the hell out of them. He also failed to respond to questions asking for more info about the records. If you're gonna have a starting price of $700 you can at least answer my inquiries about the condition of the item.

Looks like the same person bought 'em both; $2,500 for the pair. At least he got one good single :lol:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Those two auctions piss me off to no end. They were initially listed in the rock category with a very non-informative description, and with a very low starting price, so naturally I bid on both. I also contacted the seller asking if there was any price for which he/she was willing to sell them directly to me. No response.

One day before auctions were about to close, my bids were cancelled and the items were relisted with starting prices of $699 and $999 respectively. Thanks a lot!

Oh well, at least I managed to snag the SACRED ALIEN single for peanuts from him/her before everything went bananas.

Was okilee-dokilee the winner, btw?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Khnud wrote: Was okilee-dokilee the winner, btw?
yes.
msp

Post by msp »

Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

sovdat wrote:
yes.
How can you tell?
msp

Post by msp »

Khnud wrote:
sovdat wrote:
yes.
How can you tell?
If you ever follow Rattleheads auctions you get to know who the bidders are after a while, especially if you look at the feedback to see who won what. If ou look at the number of bids and click in and it gives the abbreviation so:

e***i ( private ) = okilee-dokilee

(I have too much time on my hands :oops: )
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I didn't know eBay scrambled user names the same way for each auction. Thought it was completely random. Thanks!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I almost expected that to be handknitted by some Sodom fan's auntie.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."