Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
humus

Post by humus »

You have any other issues? I only have #5 and Return of the darklord.
Mattila

Post by Mattila »

Unfortunately all other issues are sold out.
to the death!
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

how reasonable is this?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170751650562?ss ... 058wt_1156

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400265134782?ss ... 092wt_1156

bought both for about 15 € if my memory serves me right, not much longer than 2 or 3 years ago.. sick shit.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Yeah the old Death Metal vinyls do sell for insane prices nowadays. And these 2 Carcass LP's are rather boring compared to their first 2 LP's that they are mostly known for.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

LethylSteel wrote:Yeah the old Death Metal vinyls do sell for insane prices nowadays. And these 2 Carcass LP's are rather boring compared to their first 2 LP's that they are mostly known for.
WHAT????
Never trust the Goblin King....
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Trigger wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:Yeah the old Death Metal vinyls do sell for insane prices nowadays. And these 2 Carcass LP's are rather boring compared to their first 2 LP's that they are mostly known for.
WHAT????
a quote as Lethyl Steel's is quite obligatory here I guess :D

myself, I like both of them, more than the first two but prices like that are more than insane. I mean, they are on Earache, not any microscopic private label.. not long ago, there was still stock in their own shop, not sure about Carcass, but at least Napalm Death vinyl i.e. .. if even stuff like this breaks the 100$ mark it will not be able to afford ANYTHING in the future :?

I know anything labeled "private" can sell for 3-5 times that much easily, but still. some buyers have more money than brains and we all pay the bill for that..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Actually if you get any old Death Metal LP at ebay for below 30 E you should be happy. I don't understand it myself to be honest (I started buying vinyls in that early phase and have alot of these) and seriously most of these LP's (take Purtenance for example) are just a fart compared to the demos or 7 inches that these bands had released. And as for Carcass, Carcass were mostly know as Carcass for "Symphonies of sickness" which was a masterpiece at that time and when the other post "... sickness" albums came out we used to call Carcass wimped out. Others said they have learned to handle their instruments. :wink:
Just take a look at My Dying Bride, Obituary and my beloved (early) Paradise Lost what happened to them with every new album, when they learned to play their instruments. It seriously wasn't any progress for the development of (real) Death Metal. :lol:
humus

Post by humus »

Necroticism and heartwork has been more expensive than 'classic' Carcass ever since I got into buying vinyl. I'm guessing they were pressed in far less quantities on vinyl.

Old death metal sells for heaps of money, be it on CD, tape, vinyl, shirts and even zines. I'm glad I bought a lot before it got popular, but I still have big holes in my collection which now are hyperexpensive to fill...
Even a simple Left hand path LP, of which probably 50000 are out there, sells for €40 to €70.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

humus wrote: Old death metal sells for heaps of money, be it on CD, tape, vinyl, shirts and even zines. I'm glad I bought a lot before it got popular, but I still have big holes in my collection which now are hyperexpensive to fill...
Even a simple Left hand path LP, of which probably 50000 are out there, sells for €40 to €70.
You're absolutely right! The common stuff sells for pure gold while when you're lucky you can sometimes grab a Lord of Putrefaction/Mortal Remains Split LP for 10 E since none of these who just discovered early 90's Death Metal have a clue about the real gems.

And yes, if I'd need to start with record buying nowadays it would be easier to shoot yourself. For the 40 E that a single LP cost nowadays I bought 5 or 6 LP's in the early 90's when everything was cheap. I really miss those days ... :x
I remember those huge sealed NRR CD cardboard boxes that they threw out of stock for 1,50 DM! :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/nwobhm-DEMON-PA ... 43ac1e1007

would love to have it :(

But take care, this seller is not very reliable :!:
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Stay away from this thief!
He's the infamous George Perakis from Greece, he stole 800+ to me, and use to sell stuff with fake sleeves and bad conditions!
no hope, no fear
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

if i wasnt planning to much on getting it,now not even on heavy drugs i would make a deal with him,thanks for the heads up
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMULANCE-FEEL-P ... 1028wt_962

I bought this in a lot with another 7" for $11, only a year or so ago :roll:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

"OLD'n'locked" as it's a new year. Please create a 2012 thread. /Mod
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."