Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
msp

Post by msp »

stormspell wrote:Endorama is not only mega-lame album, but this "diarrhea splatter" vinyl looks quite ugly too...
Agreed. Saw them live as well around the time this first came out. They were supporting Moonspell and really sucked
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

msp wrote:
stormspell wrote:Endorama is not only mega-lame album, but this "diarrhea splatter" vinyl looks quite ugly too...
Agreed. Saw them live as well around the time this first came out. They were supporting Moonspell and really sucked
Kreator supporting Moonspell????What the hell....
Never trust the Goblin King....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Whoever won this LP might have had huge luck:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Damien-Face-Dan ... 941wt_1185

I also wanted to bid on this one but description says "I don't ship internationally"... :?
Luck with what? Obtaining the most sappier hard rock on earth maybe ;). In contrast to their EP 2006 which is totally awesome!
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

stormspell wrote:

I also wanted to bid on this one but description says "I don't ship internationally"... :?
Luck with what? Obtaining the most sappier hard rock on earth maybe ;). In contrast to their EP 2006 which is totally awesome!
At least the title-track is very cool. 8)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:

:?:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/N ... Danger.jpg
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Owned :lol:
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Helstar wrote:Owned :lol:
Absolutely! :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Embarrassing to say the least.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

80's metal sells...so even if a label owner get the opportunity to reissue such 'old, obscure, cult, rare' stuff (no matter if he likes it or not), he doesn't take so much risk...

That's business after all. Sad but true.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't even like SLANDER, VECTOM, TARGET, VAMPYR, etc ?
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

For sure he doesn't like Impact.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Astra Wally wrote:80's metal sells...so even if a label owner get the opportunity to reissue such 'old, obscure, cult, rare' stuff (no matter if he likes it or not), he doesn't take so much risk...

He's stated multiple times that he only releases stuff that he personally likes. Helstar is probably right about Impact. Iordan claimed to not like them in the past and then put out a reissue later on. I guess tastes change?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Helstar wrote:Owned :lol:
Oh come on. This was just a simple mistake on my part mixing the EP with the album names. All I really wanted was to re-release "Say Your Prayers".

And yes, I got in contact with the band (not through youtube), and while Pat was okay with me re-releasing the EP only, Nick was not happy since he didnt sing on it. So I was asked to re-release both.

I toyed briefly with the idea of agreeing to put both together on one CD, but as much I listened to the "Face the Danger", the more I realized how dull and boring it is. So, to cut the story short, you all see the outcome, or rather the lack of it. "Face the Danger" was never released on Stormspell, and there are no plans to do so. End of story.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Astra Wally wrote:80's metal sells...so even if a label owner get the opportunity to reissue such 'old, obscure, cult, rare' stuff (no matter if he likes it or not), he doesn't take so much risk...

Dude, If I was in it for the "business" I'd never bother with unearthing obscure demos and chasing after band members trying to wrap good booklets and such. I'd be like Metal Mind or Lost and Found records licensing eBay rarities and making a quick and guaranteed sales. Go to Lost and Found website and see how many of his releases are sold out, then go to my website and see how many of my releases are sold out! and then and only THEN talk to me about business and sad but true shit, bla-bla. You know nothing.
Of course I dont, I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know... pfft :roll:
humus

Post by humus »

Yet you don't explain why you ask for a rerelease on youtube while you mock the album on the forum.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:He's stated multiple times that he only releases stuff that he personally likes. Helstar is probably right about Impact. Iordan claimed to not like them in the past and then put out a reissue later on. I guess tastes change?
You guys need to learn to make a difference between someone making fun at grossly overpriced rarities, and truly hating something. Impact are not my favorite thrash band, that's not a secret. I like to make fun at the uber-idiotic prices Avanzada and even the self-released CDR fetches, when this album has one of the worst productions ever. To me, this is the perfect example of a band getting overrated solely because of collector's value. So do I laugh at people unloading shitloads of cash for first pressing - hell yeah! Do I hate the album itself - I wouldn't say so.

Anyhow, the album is okay, if not decent slayer-esque thrash. I still probably would have not released it on my own, if it wasn't for Darren contacting me (after some fan urged him to do so, I was told).

So let's put it this way - Ideally I would have probably opted to release other albums instead of Impact, but in real life you don't get everything you want, and sometimes you have to go with what you are offered. It was a good offer, the guys were interested in working with me, there were previously unreleased bonuses, so I said yes. I don't regret the decision. After all, it was one of the best selling releases I've ever had (1000 made, about 800 moved so far). It is a bit ironic that such release would outsell almost everything else I've put out so far, but cest la vie, life goes on.