Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:and i thought this was cheaper!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TITAN-popeye-road-L ... 2c5176bef6
A bit cheaper, but not much. Around 70-80€.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

What a joke ! You can tell me what you want, these Greeks are cheating !
This is a 20-30.- Euros Record.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

20/ 30 euros or even less!! Alta Tensao 2nd lp "portal do inferno" is rare, but not this one
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

At least it's a great one ! I think it's my preferred one from Brasil !
Greath NWoBHM sounding stuff !
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

yes its my fave to! But i am real fan of 80s Brasilian Metal
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I am usually not a big fan of brasilian and portugese Metal.
I really like bands singing in foreign languages, but portuguese is the only language i have some difficulties with ! Don't know really why !?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

The buyer of the following must not be a member of this forum :

http://cgi.ebay.com/WILD-ALICE-S-T-RARE ... 3cb996f7ac

because if he was, he must have seen that i sell it for 80 Euros.

The copy jackthereaper1968 sold, he got from me a few years ago for a low trade, so i don't think he ever expected that could ever sell it for this high.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Awesome.... :lol:
Maybe this guy had better asked Baratos Afins if there isn't a copy left in stock because they are selling their records since years and very cheap.
What a joke....
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

It seems to me that ebay auctions prices last 1-2 years have exploded to the sky!
Too many newbies got involved probably that they think if they don't get the record they learned about yesterday, then it would be the end of the world.
Fuck these stupid sofa metalheads clicking their mouse.
I was checking now Vexx- Education lp that usually is sold for 60-80 dollars and it will go more than 260 dollars in an auction that is ending tonight.
Good for the sellers that there are so many victims with lots of money and very low iq!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Angelheart wrote:It seems to me that ebay auctions prices last 1-2 years have exploded to the sky!
Too many newbies got involved probably that they think if they don't get the record they learned about yesterday, then it would be the end of the world.
Fuck these stupid sofa metalheads clicking their mouse.
I was checking now Vexx- Education lp that usually is sold for 60-80 dollars and it will go more than 260 dollars in an auction that is ending tonight.
Good for the sellers that there are so many victims with lots of money and very low iq!
Depends on the record. Except for the top rarities, nwobhm records have been decreasing in price for the past couple of years.

You do have new, young collectors entering the scene AND vinyl has entered it's "retro enough to be cool' phase. You also have some older fans who are no longer starving college kids or working minimum wage jobs only, so they can afford to spend more to get the records they always wanted but couldn't afford (or they owned 'em but had to sell them off at some point b/c they really needed the money, and now they are buying them back).

The economy is of course a factor too. Early in 2009 prices dropped, but now some folks are feeling confident enough to spend their money again.

Collectibles go through cycles like this. When baby boomers hit Middle Age in the late 80s/early 90s prices for 50s-60s vinyl skyrocketed. That gen was old enough to be financially secure, so they started collecting stuff from their childhood. But that phase has passed; that generation of collectors have died, drifted away, or finished their collections. Even some of the top rarities- albums that were selling for several thousand dollars in the early 90s- are now selling for less than half as much.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote:Except for the top rarities, nwobhm records have been decreasing in price for the past couple of years.
Except for AGONY BAG:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Agony-Bag-Rabies-Ki ... 2c5dc9a0b6
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

14 black metal albums and one by The Beatles thrown in for good measure?

I don't believe these auctions for one second, pure hokum.