Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I think the bigger question is who's collection was it??
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Those two auctions piss me off to no end. They were initially listed in the rock category with a very non-informative description, and with a very low starting price, so naturally I bid on both. I also contacted the seller asking if there was any price for which he/she was willing to sell them directly to me. No response.

One day before auctions were about to close, my bids were cancelled and the items were relisted with starting prices of $699 and $999 respectively. Thanks a lot!

Oh well, at least I managed to snag the SACRED ALIEN single for peanuts from him/her before everything went bananas.

Was okilee-dokilee the winner, btw?

Agreed that he ran his auctions pretty poorly. With $2,500 in his pocket, he probably doesn't care :( I would not have won the Sapphire at all, but if he had responded to my questions I might have at least put in a bid. No way I'm bidding if the seller can't be bothered to answer basic condition questions not covered in the listing
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

glockose wrote:I think the bigger question is who's collection was it??
Yeah, the thought definitely crossed my mind. Since the seller initially had no idea about the worth of the items, chances are the original owner didn't either. Or maybe the original owner's one who tipped the seller off and forced him to withdraw and relist the first batch.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:
Yeah, the thought definitely crossed my mind. Since the seller initially had no idea about the worth of the items, chances are the original owner didn't either. Or maybe the original owner's one who tipped the seller off and forced him to withdraw and relist the first batch.
No Not the case.

The seller only purchased a storage locker with over 2000 UK 45's in it. He had no idea what they were just that he was only paying a few hundrad $ for them and thought he would take a chance,

He runs what I call an Ebay store. He purchases close outs, or storage auctions and then resells whatever is there on ebay. (Close, housewares, Records whatever)

He has a few people work for him doing this. (Seems to be an up and comingthing inthe USA) as I know of 3-4 others doing this.

Well the guy who was putting the records on ebay left and the NEW person who took over had no idea what to do so just started listing stuff for $9.99 each. when the boss started looking at the records (Popsike) and saw the prices he pulled all the records (good & bad) and started listing them with Higher prices.

But like I said he had nothing to do with the collection or the original ower.

He really just won the Lottory and got lucky
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Seing this, I'm glad I have both already and got them in a good deal through trade. No original PS to sapphire though, but who cares.. No way I'm paying those amounts for one. This is just crazy.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

glockose wrote:
Khnud wrote:
No Not the case.

The seller only purchased a storage locker with over 2000 UK 45's in it. He had no idea what they were just that he was only paying a few hundrad $ for them and thought he would take a chance,

He runs what I call an Ebay store. He purchases close outs, or storage auctions and then resells whatever is there on ebay. (Close, housewares, Records whatever)

He has a few people work for him doing this. (Seems to be an up and comingthing inthe USA) as I know of 3-4 others doing this.

Well the guy who was putting the records on ebay left and the NEW person who took over had no idea what to do so just started listing stuff for $9.99 each. when the boss started looking at the records (Popsike) and saw the prices he pulled all the records (good & bad) and started listing them with Higher prices.

I see. I'm a bit curious as to how you know all this, but never mind. The question still remains - who was the original owner? I doubt we'll ever know.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Isn't this around $800?
and it has a CRACK in the vinyl, 3 months ago

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar. ... 0419183418

---------------------------------

This close to $1000 last year.

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar. ... 0199284599
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:
glockose wrote:
Khnud wrote:Yeah, the thought definitely crossed my mind. Since the seller initially had no idea about the worth of the items, chances are the original owner didn't either. Or maybe the original owner's one who tipped the seller off and forced him to withdraw and relist the first batch.
No Not the case.

I see. I'm a bit curious as to how you know all this, but never mind. The question still remains - who was the original owner? I doubt we'll ever know.
I called him and asked... Very nice guy
Keir

Post by Keir »

glockose wrote:Isn't this around $800?

Somebody really wanted that picture sleeve!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Keir wrote:
glockose wrote:Isn't this around $800?

Somebody really wanted that picture sleeve!
True, but it may have been a good investment. The record without a sleeve sells for $300-350, based on two copies I know of changing hands in recent years. If someone had a sleeveless copy and bout that cracked copy for $650 just to get the sleeve, they pushed the value of their copy way up. Even if they paid $350 for the record and $650 for the sleeve, that's $1,000 invested in their copy. For this new copy that just sold, 3 of the 4 bidders placed bids > $1,300.

Don't get me wrong, $650 is an insane amount to pay just for a pic sleeve IMO, but realistically, buying the sleeve separate was probably a much cheaper way to get a sleeved copy.

And I'm extremely envious of Mr Dokilee on this one; it's probably my 2nd most-wanted NWOBHM item.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Alan, what's your nr 1 nwobhm want?
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Alan, what's your nr 1 nwobhm want?
Crucifixion's 'Green Eyes' EP on GREEN vinyl (NOT on purple vinyl). Not certain it exists; I've only seen it on want lists, and we all know how reliable those can be :)

'Death Penalty' on black vinyl is also way up there on the want list; TMK it's the last color variant I need to complete my WFG set.

What can I say, I'm often a sucker for colored vinyl :)
-Becky
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Death Penalty on black vinyl was released on heavy metal america and has a different center label .Is it that difficult to locate?

nightsblood wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Alan, what's your nr 1 nwobhm want?
Crucifixion's 'Green Eyes' EP on GREEN vinyl (NOT on purple vinyl). Not certain it exists; I've only seen it on want lists, and we all know how reliable those can be :)

'Death Penalty' on black vinyl is also way up there on the want list; TMK it's the last color variant I need to complete my WFG set.

What can I say, I'm often a sucker for colored vinyl :)
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Death Penalty on black vinyl was released on heavy metal america and has a different center label .Is it that difficult to locate?
Not impossible to get; I've seen it a few times. It is rarer than the other versions IMO.
-Becky
darquos

Post by darquos »

Those this Texas private press will be up ? (google translate ah ah !)

http://cgi.ebay.de/RARE-private-TEXAS-h ... 429785141Q
Pyrenean Metal